Home

NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-25-2020, 06:27 AM   #41
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome101695
Hey guys, I feel like There aren’t a lot of shooting foul calls even with me turning the sliders up, are you guys experiencing anything similar?
Shooting fouls against you or against the CPU? Remember if you want the CPU to shoot more free throws you need to increase the USER Shooting Foul slider; This will make the USER defense be called for more shooting fouls.

You also need to mess with other sliders to make sure a realistic number of fouls are called. A foul can't be called if there's no contact, so you need to tweak sliders to make sure contact is initiated more often. That's where the Drive/Inside Contact Shot Frequency sliders really come into play.

There's more to it than just those settings, but that should give you a good start. Set USER Shooting Fouls to 100, and set the Drive/Inside Contact Shot Frequency sliders to 100 for both the USER and CPU. Let me know if that gives you more fouls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2020, 10:05 AM   #42
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
How are your fast breaks looking with your settings? I'm struggling to see hardly any fast breaks at all from myself or the cpu.
Fastbreaks off turnovers and long rebounds happen, but not a ton. Give them a try. These are meant to feel a little on the slower/more controlled side to combat blow by's, etc.

Quote:
Hey guys, I feel like There aren’t a lot of shooting foul calls even with me turning the sliders up, are you guys experiencing anything similar?
You're going to want to attack the basket and be creative with the shot stick (in terms of direction) to initiate contact to get to the FT line. Another thing to try is to turn your defensive settings to play physical.

For me, I have the fouls sliders maxed out besides the CPU shooting foul. If I settle for a lot of jump shots then I don't get to the stripe. But last game I played, I had 8 FTA in just the second quarter alone, which was cool to see.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:07 AM   #43
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Shooting fouls against you or against the CPU? Remember if you want the CPU to shoot more free throws you need to increase the USER Shooting Foul slider; This will make the USER defense be called for more shooting fouls.

You also need to mess with other sliders to make sure a realistic number of fouls are called. A foul can't be called if there's no contact, so you need to tweak sliders to make sure contact is initiated more often. That's where the Drive/Inside Contact Shot Frequency sliders really come into play.

There's more to it than just those settings, but that should give you a good start. Set USER Shooting Fouls to 100, and set the Drive/Inside Contact Shot Frequency sliders to 100 for both the USER and CPU. Let me know if that gives you more fouls.
Do you think body-up sensitivity would also help create more contact? Or is that purely for dribbling?
Old 11-25-2020, 01:46 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 15

Eccentric- Do you use Real FG% for shooting or meters?
Old 11-25-2020, 02:32 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Fast Breaks have more to do with the coaching sliders/settings than they do with regular gameplay sliders. Some teams run the break every time up the floor, some teams get the rebound and just work the half court. And also on the defensive side, some teams immediately sprint back to defend, others are more aggressive for the rebound.
I'm touching on that Im seeing 7 foot centers keep up with speedy pg's on fast break situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2020, 04:10 PM   #46
Rookie

Hey guys, I truly appreciate all the responses.
I’ve tried all of your recommendations, I played with the shot contest slider, the driving contact shot and inside shot slider, and all the foul sliders and I haven’t really made much progress. I been mainly testing with lebron and I even increased his draw attribute to 99. Just no luck for me. Open to any and every suggestion of you have them. Thanks again
Old 11-25-2020, 05:46 PM   #47
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Eccentric- Do you use Real FG% for shooting or meters?

I have always used User Timing (Shots Only), but I’ve been considering moving over to Real %. Just seems like the game relies far too much on greening every shot for it to go in, which I’m not sure if I enjoy anymore. It almost makes the rest of the play pointless, because whether you’re wide open or completely smothered nothing seems to matter but the release timing.

I’ll let you know when I decide one way or the other. Shot Success is the last thing I worry about anyway, so there’s plenty of time!

Quote:
Hey guys, I truly appreciate all the responses.

I’ve tried all of your recommendations, I played with the shot contest slider, the driving contact shot and inside shot slider, and all the foul sliders and I haven’t really made much progress. I been mainly testing with lebron and I even increased his draw attribute to 99. Just no luck for me. Open to any and every suggestion of you have them. Thanks again

Oh so you’re not seeing enough shooting fouls against the CPU? Simple enough, if you already have the Drive/Inside Contact Shot Frequency and Contest Shot sliders set to 100, you should be seeing plenty of contact on your drives and layups. As long as you have that contact, you can try a few different things.

First would be to increase the Shooting Foul slider for the CPU until you get the results you want. A more nuanced approach would be to increase the Layup Defense Strength sliders. Check out the “Defense Strength Sliders” thread in my signature to see what each of these does. Basic premise is that the higher these are set, the more aggressive the defense will defend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I'm touching on that Im seeing 7 foot centers keep up with speedy pg's on fast break situations.

Could you post your Game Speed, Speed, Acceleration, and Movement sliders for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie
Do you think body-up sensitivity would also help create more contact? Or is that purely for dribbling?

It will create more contact as you dribble around so it should definitely help trigger more fouls if you time your shots right with the contact.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:24 PM   #48
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

I've been seeing a lot of people still having issues with the PnR defense (and just help defense in general) being too easy to beat. I posted this in another thread, so I thought I would copy/paste it here as well:

A lot of sliders go into fixing PnR defense. First would be to increase the Speed/Accel WITHOUT Ball (Min) settings so that slow players don’t move like they’re stuck in mud (they’ll still be slow, but these are NBA players; they’re not THAT slow). I’d set these to 50 or 55, depending on personal preference and skill level.

Next would be to increase the Contest Shot tendency. I have this at 100 for both USER and CPU. Likewise you’ll need to increase the Drive/Inside Contact Shot Frequency sliders to 100 for both as well so that nearby defenders actually trigger an animation when contesting shots inside.

You’ll also want to make sure Help Defense Strength, On Ball Defense, and Defensive Awareness are all increased to at least 70 or 75, but could probably go even higher depending on your skill level. Note that these three do NOT have to be set to the same value, but I wouldn’t set any one of them lower than 70 for the CPU. (I currently have Help Defense Strength set to 100 for both USER and CPU).

Last, decrease the Acceleration slider to around 35. This is important as it will add a more weighted feel to movement on both ends of the court, will help to further highlight the difference between the fastest and slowest players on the court, while not outright nerfing acceleration in its entirety.

Lateral Quickness really won’t help with this issue. Think of LQ as the blow-by slider, because it really just controls how quickly a player can turn a tight corner when defending the drive. If it’s set low, almost any player can just blow past them and drive to the hoop. Set high, they’ll stick with the player and even force them away from basket (depending on the matchup between dribbler and defender).

Try all this out and let me know how it goes, and we can tweak from there. If it becomes too easy to hit the big as he cuts to the basket or leaks out for a shot, you’ll have to increase the Play Passing Lane tendency. If the defenders still don’t put up enough resistance at the rim, we’ll have to increase the Layup Defense Strength sliders as well. (I currently have both Layup Defense Strength sliders at 100, but that's mostly for testing purposes. Feel free to try for yourself)

This has also been added to the OP under the 11/25 update.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 11-25-2020 at 08:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »