Home

NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-19-2020, 03:56 PM   #9
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Da Czar said a fix is coming in Patch #2
Looks like they rushed that fix out in the tuner this morning! I can no longer replicate the glitch with the hedge defender that I was triggering 100% of the time last night. Hopefully the patch just improves help defense and rotations, but the PnR glitch is gone at least
Old 11-19-2020, 06:25 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Eccentric- I know you are one of our forum gurus when it comes to player movement.

What are your thoughts about next-gen player movement?
Old 11-19-2020, 08:08 PM   #11
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Eccentric- I know you are one of our forum gurus when it comes to player movement.

What are your thoughts about next-gen player movement?

It’s terrible. Jittery/floaty movement; complete lack of animations when players SHOULD be bumping into each other or pushing past each other; inconsistent contact animations on drives and layups/dunks; the animation for taking a charge has 0 weight or interaction with the dribbler, it just kind of triggers on its own while the dribbler carries on doing whatever he was doing as if the defender wasn’t even there.

Bringing back some serious 2K19 vibes where the movement and animations were just completely broken or half-integrated into the game. I’m trying my best to fix what I can, but I think this will need a patch along with the woeful help defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2020, 08:33 PM   #12
MVP

Surprised to see you starting with Game Speed at 45. I’ve followed your past sliders and you’re usually around 55
Old 11-19-2020, 09:12 PM   #13
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Surprised to see you starting with Game Speed at 45. I’ve followed your past sliders and you’re usually around 55

Yea, usually the gameplay is too slow and the players just have 0 athleticism. This year they “fixed” that but made everyone TOO athletic and the animations are a bit of a joke at even 50 Game Speed. Lower game speed is a must, unless they drastically change things with a patch.

I’ll be dropping the on-ball speed and acceleration as well, so things will actually look realistic and have some weight behind movement.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:19 PM   #14
MVP

Can you plug your speed settings into any slider set? Do any other slider settings impact your speed settings or vise versa?
Old 11-19-2020, 11:19 PM   #15
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Can you plug your speed settings into any slider set? Do any other slider settings impact your speed settings or vise versa?

Yea, once I post my movement/speed/acceleration sliders they should work with pretty much any set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2020, 05:56 PM   #16
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quick progress report: I’m seeing some promising stuff with my defensive tweaks so far, for both the USER and CPU. Still trying to get the AI to take advantage of drive-and-kick opportunities more often, but the rotations are there.

Movement and animations are being a complete pain though, which is holding back progress elsewhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »