Home

NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-22-2020, 05:12 PM   #25
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becanes
So if they did that then that's a good thing right? I'm just looking for the most sim/realistic experience I can find.
It's absolutely a good thing, so long as they don't mess with the Game Speed every few days/weeks like they have for years past. The game quickly becomes a nightmare to tweak when ghost patches and tuners change things on a weekly basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Do you resume your game from PS5 “rest mode”?

I’ve noticed that resuming from rest mode can cause these speed discrepancies. I always close the game out and re-start after coming back from rest mode.
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I know this was a thing on last gen, so hopefully it hasn't carried over (but it probably has). "Built from the ground up" right? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2020, 06:56 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 15

I'm playing on the PS5 with the sliders. What sliders/ settings should I adjust to see more fast breaks and more blow buys from fast offensive players? I've witnessed maybe on fast break so far and Ive seen slow Centers keeping up with fast guards when driving. Also what defense setting should I adjust for defenders to rotate and close out better on shooters?
Old 11-22-2020, 07:15 PM   #27
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I'm playing on the PS5 with the sliders. What sliders/ settings should I adjust to see more fast breaks and more blow buys from fast offensive players? I've witnessed maybe on fast break so far and Ive seen slow Centers keeping up with fast guards when driving. Also what defense setting should I adjust for defenders to rotate and close out better on shooters?

Sounds a lot like you need a full slider set

Those are pretty much the issues we’re all seeing and it’s not something I can really say “Just tweak these 3 settings and you’ll be good”.

Thankfully, I’ve got some write-ups already posted from years past that will help you solve a good chunk of those issues. For the defensive rotations and close-outs, read my “Shot Defense Strength” post. For speed and movement issues, read my “Speed/Accel/Movement” post.

Just click the links in my signature and have a read, they should walk you through all the tweaks. I plan on making a thread detailing the Tendency sliders, but that is still a WIP.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 11-22-2020 at 11:59 PM.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:02 AM   #28
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

In regards to Game Speed, 2K have definitely tweaked this in the last couple days. My previous recommendation of setting GS to 45 is now too low. Luckily my movement tweaks still give the same results as before, so only animation speed seems to have been slowed. Which is great, as the day-1 version of the game at 50 GS made the animations look ridiculous.

I recommend any setting between 48-52 depending on personal preference, with 50 being the setting I'm currently using.

48 if you want slower animations with a heavier feel to movement, up to 52 if you want faster animations with a more floaty feel to movement.

(You can further cater this to your own preference by tweaking the movement sliders as you see fit)

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 11-23-2020 at 12:52 AM.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:58 AM   #29
MVP

Nice to see the 2k devs have finally found a nice balance of speed/animations at 50.

I’m looking forward to your additional modifications to the speed/acceleration sliders. I’m sure the movement will feel great.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:04 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 6

Any ETA on a set being released?

In a week I've gone from Pro to HOF difficulty, with just a reduction to CPU contact shot success.

Plays a good game, but certainly some warts. Curious to see what the community finds on next gen to get us into our My NBA's.

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2020, 03:21 PM   #31
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Any ETA on a set being released?

In a week I've gone from Pro to HOF difficulty, with just a reduction to CPU contact shot success.

Plays a good game, but certainly some warts. Curious to see what the community finds on next gen to get us into our My NBA's.

Thanks!

My set won’t be released until at least after the upcoming gameplay patch. There are just too many minor issues with the game that can only be fixed via patch, so I expect gameplay to change substantially when that drops.

I’ve been putting a ton of hours into testing though so I’ve got a great base to work with right now that will (hopefully) give me a quick turnaround time after the patch goes live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2020, 03:32 PM   #32
MVP

Do you plan to release your movement settings prior to the full slider set? Or both on parallel?

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »