Home

NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-20-2020, 06:02 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

Looking forward to your set. Particularly the movement sliders.

I’m looking for a strong slider set to complement Celtics PS5 roster. Thank you for all the hard work you put in and sharing with the community.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:11 AM   #18
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Looking forward to your set. Particularly the movement sliders.

I’m looking for a strong slider set to complement Celtics PS5 roster. Thank you for all the hard work you put in and sharing with the community.

I appreciate it! I’ll definitely be making a set for Celtic’s roster if needed, 2K never gets their rosters right.

Which is strange. 2K hired Bedwardsroy back in 2014, the GOAT OS roster creator. He always made the absolute best rosters on OS, and it feels like they only brought him in so he’d stop embarrassing them, because I find it hard to believe the default rosters have been his doing the past few years.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:38 PM   #19
MVP

Are you still using 45 game speed as your base?
Old 11-21-2020, 01:41 PM   #20
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Are you still using 45 game speed as your base?

Still playing around with it so I haven’t settled on a specific setting yet. I know 47 is on the edge of being too high without significant tweaks, and 42 is too low. So it will be somewhere between those two.

45 is just the easiest as it needs the least adjustments to get a good feel. But easiest doesn’t necessarily mean “right”.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:05 PM   #21
Pro

Becanes's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm feeling like 45 is too low personally. I'm going to try 47 next game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2020, 01:20 AM   #22
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becanes
I'm feeling like 45 is too low personally. I'm going to try 47 next game.

It definitely depends on having a slider set built for it, coupled with personal taste. Some (like myself) need the game to feel “heavier” and more grounded, others need the game to feel more loose, fast and free. There’s no “correct” setting, it all comes down to the individual.

Add on top of that the fact that the affects of the game speed setting are NOTORIOUSLY inconsistent from day to day and week to week due to 2K’s constant stealth patches/tuners. For example, I just played a quarter on 52 game speed and the constant warp-speed animations I was seeing a few days ago at even just 48 GS were nowhere to be found.

Seems like 2K nerfed the affect of Game Speed on certain animations as it is much less pronounced today. There is still a difference in animation speed, but it’s much more subtle.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:26 AM   #23
Pro

Becanes's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
It definitely depends on having a slider set built for it, coupled with personal taste. Some (like myself) need the game to feel “heavier” and more grounded, others need the game to feel more loose, fast and free. There’s no “correct” setting, it all comes down to the individual.

Add on top of that the fact that the affects of the game speed setting are NOTORIOUSLY inconsistent from day to day and week to week due to 2K’s constant stealth patches/tuners. For example, I just played a quarter on 52 game speed and the constant warp-speed animations I was seeing a few days ago at even just 48 GS were nowhere to be found.

Seems like 2K nerfed the affect of Game Speed on certain animations as it is much less pronounced today. There is still a difference in animation speed, but it’s much more subtle.
So if they did that then that's a good thing right? I'm just looking for the most sim/realistic experience I can find.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:28 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat

Do you resume your game from PS5 “rest mode”?

I’ve noticed that resuming from rest mode can cause these speed discrepancies. I always close the game out and re-start after coming back from rest mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »