Home

NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-18-2020, 01:58 AM   #1
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

The PS5 is here, and with it comes a 2K game worth buying? Well hopefully, as I'm downloading the game as we speak. Rest assured it will probably be on sale for 50% off next week, because I can't have nice things...

Anyway, thought I'd get a jump on the next-gen version early so that I might have a slider set posted before the playoffs next year. If you know you know

3/1 Progress Report: I am finally posting a full (BETA) slider set for the 2K default roster. After literal months of brain-numbing work, I am finally satisfied enough with the results to post the full set. And, partially, I also just want to move on to use the MUCH BETTER Attention to Detail Roster by CelticLG et al.

You will still need to do a mass-edit of all players to decrease the Speed w/Ball attribute by 15, then make sure to set all of the Speed w/Ball (Max/Min) sliders to 55 to offset this decrease. Instructions for how to do this can be found below after clicking the SPOILER tag.

2K Default Roster Slider Set v0.9 *BETA* - 3/1 Update:

Spoiler

PLEASE post any and all CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, positive or negative, so that I know what people like about my slider set and what I need to improve on! Also, please post any and all personal findings and/or tweaks you've tried out! Try to point out what you are seeing too much of (ex. The AI attacks the basket too often), what you're not seeing enough of (ex. The AI does not go to the post often enough), etc. And also, it's just fun to see the results everyone is getting and to have a discussion on what can be improved/what should be left alone.

Check out this post by mvpstax to get a refresher on what exactly "realistic stats" should look like in the modern NBA: 2K21 Realistic Stats to Strive For

Have a question about sliders or want to know how to fix an issue you have with the gameplay? Ask it here and I'll do what I can to help you out! I try to make my posts as informational as possible so that everyone has the knowledge needed to tweak the game to their own preference and skill level. Teach a man to fish, and all that

And as always, PLEASE feel free to give my thread 5 stars and LIKE this post if you enjoy my work. It shows others that these are quality sliders, and it makes me feel a little warm inside, too.

Enjoy!

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 03-02-2021 at 04:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2020, 03:12 AM   #2
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Re: NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

First impressions, default Superstar settings:

Graphics are INCREDIBLE.
Movement is a little floaty.
Animations too often ignore nearby defenders.
Driving to the rim is too easy and feels like there's no resistance.
AI offensive decision making is TERRIBLE.
Players move too fast with the ball in their hands.
I SAW A SHOOTING FOUL ON A JUMP SHOT :O
PnR defense is GOD AWFUL. Criminally-bad.

So far, I'm impressed with the game and the problems SEEM easily fixable :cheer:

12/2 UPDATE: All above issues have been resolved in my current test build, and a full slider set will be posted once I'm finished fine-tuning help defense and AI tendencies.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 12-02-2020 at 04:49 AM.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:53 PM   #3
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

OVR: 0

So happy to see you on next-gen! Looking forward to your set
Old 11-18-2020, 05:21 PM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

If you can figure out how to get fouls and free throw attempts anywhere close to realistic numbers I will buy you a drink.

I have foul sliders at 100 and the cpu regularly has around 4 free throw attempts all game. In 7 mynba games they havent had more than 6.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:41 PM   #5
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLG
So happy to see you on next-gen! Looking forward to your set

The feeling is mutual. 2K never seems to get the rosters anywhere near right (for gameplay OR simulated stats), so we’ll need you to save us as usual!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2020, 05:43 PM   #6
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
If you can figure out how to get fouls and free throw attempts anywhere close to realistic numbers I will buy you a drink.

I have foul sliders at 100 and the cpu regularly has around 4 free throw attempts all game. In 7 mynba games they havent had more than 6.

Shouldn’t be difficult, actually. I’m already seeing a realistic number of Charging and Blocking fouls, and that’s just with the default Hall of Fame settings. I’m also seeing multiple shooting fouls a game on jump shots. These were the issues you just couldn’t solve in previous years, so it looks like they at least took care of that for us.

Once I fix the AI offensive tendencies, I’m confident I’ll be able to get plenty of free throws for them
Old 11-19-2020, 06:01 AM   #7
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Well that's what I get for being confident. Spent the last few hours trying EVERYTHING I can to fix the pick n roll issue, but it's a gameplay issue that goes beyond what sliders can fix. 2K has to patch it or else the game will quite simply be unplayable.

At least this lets me put 100% of my focus on the movement sliders and then the AI tendencies, but until 2K fixes this gamebreaking glitch I don't see myself devoting any additional time or effort to the game after that.

Unbelievable.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:50 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Well that's what I get for being confident. Spent the last few hours trying EVERYTHING I can to fix the pick n roll issue, but it's a gameplay issue that goes beyond what sliders can fix. 2K has to patch it or else the game will quite simply be unplayable.

At least this lets me put 100% of my focus on the movement sliders and then the AI tendencies, but until 2K fixes this gamebreaking glitch I don't see myself devoting any additional time or effort to the game after that.

Unbelievable.
Da Czar said a fix is coming in Patch #2

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »