Home

NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-26-2020, 06:35 PM   #57
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
He’s referring to my slider work in the past. I haven’t posted a set for 2K21 yet.

What game speed are you using? What is it you don’t like about the movement? Have you read the “Speed/Accel/Movement” thread in my signature to help you tweak things to your liking?

I’ve been working extensively on the movement and animation side of things, so I can try to help you out.
Watching plays unfold and the way your teammates and the CPU interact with one another as they run around the court just doesn’t look right to me.

Maybe it’s just me, but something just seems off and the game just doesn’t ‘feel’ right.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:18 AM   #58
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
Watching plays unfold and the way your teammates and the CPU interact with one another as they run around the court just doesn’t look right to me.

Maybe it’s just me, but something just seems off and the game just doesn’t ‘feel’ right.
Oooooh yea that's my main issue as well, they completely butchered the off-ball contact and AI interaction animations. Unfortunately that part requires a patch, if that can even fix it.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:59 AM   #59
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Well, at the very least, now I know I’m not crazy.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:38 AM   #60
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

I think I fixed the pick and roll defense.

EDIT: Just wanted to verify before jumping the gun, but after a few additional hours testing I can confirm that I've found the solution. After tearing my hair out working on this for the last week, I found the fix. And it's beyond stupid how simple it is, after all the other things I tried.

To fix the hedge defender being an idiot: Set the "Play Passing Lanes" tendency to 0.

That's it. That's the fix.

Any other tweak to any other defense-related slider will just fine-tune how you want the game to play, but none of them will actually affect the hedge defender logic that we're trying to fix. Tweaking the movement sliders will again fine-tune the game to how you want it to play, but is not necessary to fix this issue (though realistic movement will make it much more difficult for quick dribblers to just run around the defense in general). EVERY OTHER SLIDER can be left at whatever setting you want, it doesn't matter. Just set "Play Passing Lanes" to 0 and the vast majority of the time the hedge defender will react to the pick as if he actually realizes he's playing basketball.

Setting "Play Passing Lanes" to any higher setting will (the vast majority of the time) result in the hedge defender over-reacting away from the pick or just standing in place as you run around him, though he will be slightly quicker to react to the dribbler the closer this setting is to 0. Honestly, I don't see any benefit to increasing this slider. Just leave it at 0 and you're good to go.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 12-02-2020 at 04:17 AM.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:15 AM   #61
Pro

Becanes's Arena

OVR: 3

Good find. Any idea when your sliders will be out? What difficulty are you using as your base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2020, 06:24 AM   #62
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becanes
Good find. Any idea when your sliders will be out? What difficulty are you using as your base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not entirely sure. I'll probably release the set in bunches when I settle on things (movement, tendencies, defense, etc.) or it might all come at once, all depends on when I'm fully satisfied with what I'm seeing. I also have a feeling that 2K will be releasing another gameplay patch soon, so possibly not until after that. But I've been enjoying the game so much that my testing progress has been coming along REALLY well these past few days.

Long story short, I'll post the set when it's ready lol. Though usually by this time of the year I'm hitting a wall and hating the game, which slows my progress down. But this year? Especially after just fixing the PnR defense issue? I'm having a great time

Trust me, it's getting to the point that I'm DYING to get stuff posted for you guys, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist so there's always seemingly something that needs a minor tweak, which leads to other tweaks, and on and on that goes. That's why I've been tackling specific issues the community has been voicing and posting solutions in the OP bit by bit, it lets me help you guys out without releasing a full slider set that I'm not completely satisfied with.

As far as difficulty, I've been going back and forth between HoF and Superstar. But that's really just been to test if my "solutions" are difficulty-specific which they are not. So either one will work.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:34 AM   #63
Pro

Becanes's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I'm not entirely sure. I'll probably release the set in bunches when I settle on things (movement, tendencies, defense, etc.) or it might all come at once, all depends on when I'm fully satisfied with what I'm seeing. I also have a feeling that 2K will be releasing another gameplay patch soon, so possibly not until after that. But I've been enjoying the game so much that my testing progress has been coming along REALLY well these past few days.

Long story short, I'll post the set when it's ready lol. Though usually by this time of the year I'm hitting a wall and hating the game, which slows my progress down. But this year? Especially after just fixing the PnR defense issue? I'm having a great time

Trust me, it's getting to the point that I'm DYING to get stuff posted for you guys, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist so there's always seemingly something that needs a minor tweak, which leads to other tweaks, and on and on that goes. That's why I've been tackling specific issues the community has been voicing and posting solutions in the OP bit by bit, it lets me help you guys out without releasing a full slider set that I'm not completely satisfied with.

As far as difficulty, I've been going back and forth between HoF and Superstar. But that's really just been to test if my "solutions" are difficulty-specific which they are not. So either one will work.
Ok sounds good.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:08 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 15

Great find with the P&R fix. I’m looking forward to using your slider set with Celtics roster.

Should be a great year of NBA 2K!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »