Home

NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-11-2020, 02:03 PM   #137
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpstax
I use Real FG% and turned off ACE.

It's not the worst thing in the world if I have to set a couple tweaks for both teams every time I play a game if it gives me an enjoyable experience. Personally I don't mind that.

The only team that seems really chaotic for me so far is Portland. Most teams have been giving me a pretty good, realistic experience. Portland on the other hand is really screwy, and it's probably a mix of player and coach tendencies (like you mentioned, these are totally throwing this game off). Dame shot 26 threes in one game... like really?

26 threes

I’ll do a quick test against Portland later. I have the sneaking suspicion their Coach Sliders have a low Run Plays setting, and increasing that to somewhere around 90 would probably help a lot.

If Run Plays is already high, then either their playbook is screwy or Dame’s tendencies are out of whack.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:02 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Those are working with my defense sliders? Are you using Shot Timing or Real %?

I’m using Real % for now and any setting below mid-60s (besides midrange) means brick-city for me and the CPU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real FG%, I started on HOF difficulty and then adjusted sliders from there.

I follow all the settings your posted for defense, movement and tendencies, except reduced Human Defensive awareness to 55.
I just don't have a real problem guarding, especially with the help defense and contest shot sliders you recommended.

Typically myself and the AI are between 44-51% FG, and 25-45% 3pt FG.

I've played exclusively as Atlanta (in franchise mode).

I just wish I could get more FT attempts for both sides, I'm damn near maxed out on the foul sliders.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:26 PM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Real FG%, I started on HOF difficulty and then adjusted sliders from there.

I follow all the settings your posted for defense, movement and tendencies, except reduced Human Defensive awareness to 55.
I just don't have a real problem guarding, especially with the help defense and contest shot sliders you recommended.

Typically myself and the AI are between 44-51% FG, and 25-45% 3pt FG.

I've played exclusively as Atlanta (in franchise mode).

I just wish I could get more FT attempts for both sides, I'm damn near maxed out on the foul sliders.
Try mass editing the players foul tendency so everyone is at 100 and max out every foul slider.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:19 AM   #140
Rookie

Hello guys,
how to reduce field goals number? CPU are scoring too many and scoring percentage is too low. It's all about the defense? Thanks!
Old 12-12-2020, 02:17 PM   #141
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arni5
Hello guys,
how to reduce field goals number? CPU are scoring too many and scoring percentage is too low. It's all about the defense? Thanks!
That's not a question that has one answer. There are so many different ways to affect the number of shots taken in a game. More fouls will limit FGA. So will more turnovers. Slower half-court offense. Fewer offensive rebounds. Moving slower after the in-bound instead of sprinting up to start your play. Etc. etc.

You need to look at your gameplay and figure out why there are too many shots. Figure out what stats are lacking (free throw attempts, team fouls, turnovers) or are too high (offensive rebounds, fast break points). If those all look right and you still have too many shots, then there's not enough time being spent in the half court.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2020, 02:19 PM   #142
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

Also, I think I figured out why movement has been off this week. I think 2K somehow broke the Speed/Accel with Ball (Max) sliders. No matter what I set them too, the in-game movement stays the same. I put them at 0, no difference. Then I tried at 100, still no difference. So my gameplay is stuck with the default Movement "with ball (Max)" values for some reason.

I closed the game, restarted my PS5, nothing changes it. Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 12-12-2020 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:33 AM   #143
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
That's not a question that has one answer. There are so many different ways to affect the number of shots taken in a game. More fouls will limit FGA. So will more turnovers. Slower half-court offense. Fewer offensive rebounds. Moving slower after the in-bound instead of sprinting up to start your play. Etc. etc.

You need to look at your gameplay and figure out why there are too many shots. Figure out what stats are lacking (free throw attempts, team fouls, turnovers) or are too high (offensive rebounds, fast break points). If those all look right and you still have too many shots, then there's not enough time being spent in the half court.
I play 10min quarters and I want to have game stats and final score similiar to European basketball. I'm satisfied with the team scoring points (75-95) with the sliders I use but there is too much field goals, too low scoring percentage and too many rebounds (at least 2 players makes 12-18 rebounds!). Despite that I use Off. and Def. rebounds at 0 and centers rebounding attributes at 25. If I make scoring percentage higher then maybe it's gonna be less rebounds but then teams will score higher than 100 points. So....
Old 12-13-2020, 11:37 AM   #144
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

2K needs to fix these speed issues so I can finish up my base slider set. The gameplay is completely unenjoyable in its current state because all weight in movement has been lost and players like Lebron are just too fast with the ball in their hands for the game to look or feel right, or to give any type of challenge. No idea how they broke the Speed/Accel with ball (Max) settings, but they need to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arni5
I play 10min quarters and I want to have game stats and final score similiar to European basketball. I'm satisfied with the team scoring points (75-95) with the sliders I use but there is too much field goals, too low scoring percentage and too many rebounds (at least 2 players makes 12-18 rebounds!). Despite that I use Off. and Def. rebounds at 0 and centers rebounding attributes at 25. If I make scoring percentage higher then maybe it's gonna be less rebounds but then teams will score higher than 100 points. So....
None of that responded to the points I brought up in my last reply. If you have too many shots, you need to look at your other stats and figure out what is causing it. If the CPU is shooting too quickly in the shot clock, you need to figure out why. Is your defense too weak so they are getting open shots quickly? Play better defense or increase the defensive sliders that pertain to your issue. Is the defense OK but the CPU is rushing? Decrease the shot tendencies so that the CPU is more picky with the shots they take. Same goes for the other issues with your stats, you need to look at what is causing the issue and adjust accordingly. Re-read my last reply and go from there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »