Home

NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-07-2020, 11:21 PM   #113
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Hopefully not, because it’s not a completed set yet More like a series of bulk slider edit suggestions that are still missing a finalized tendency section or any tweaks to shot success and fouls.

I should be able to get something posted on those shortly. I might just post a full “beta” slider set soon(TM)...
Understood
Old 12-08-2020, 12:20 PM   #114
Rookie

I've been messing with these as the base and have gotten some pretty solid results. The game is finally at a point where it feels good to play. The help defense is rotating and guys are driving and kicking when appropriate.

Still tweaking the tendencies though. PIP is still slightly high, but I like the aggressiveness. It's really the only way I've seen the cpu get to the line semi-consistently. It's just so highly dependent on player- and team-specific tendencies; there's only so much game sliders can do.

I feel like the sweet spot for threes is somewhere between 30-40 depending on the opponent, but I'll probably end up around 37 or 38.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:29 PM   #115
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

No matter what I do, some teams just won’t play realistic PnR defense for a full game. The start of the game is always perfect, but then after a few minutes or into the 2nd quarter the AI would “adjust” and the hedge defender became a coin flip to either play defense or stand like a statue and allow an easy drive.

Tried with ACE on and off, makes no difference. Some teams are just broken and the PnR/overall help defense AI needs to be patched.

This really doesn’t seem to be an issue with any of the elite teams, but those of you who use or play against the average/bad teams will have to suffer through this until 2K patches the basic aspects of basketball into their next-gen basketball game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2020, 09:52 AM   #116
Rookie

Quote:
No matter what I do, some teams just won’t play realistic PnR defense for a full game. The start of the game is always perfect, but then after a few minutes or into the 2nd quarter the AI would “adjust” and the hedge defender became a coin flip to either play defense or stand like a statue and allow an easy drive.

Tried with ACE on and off, makes no difference. Some teams are just broken and the PnR/overall help defense AI needs to be patched.

This really doesn’t seem to be an issue with any of the elite teams, but those of you who use or play against the average/bad teams will have to suffer through this until 2K patches the basic aspects of basketball into their next-gen basketball game.
I haven't noticed this too much. I have the cpu def awareness and play passing lanes both set to 100. Try that and see what results you get.

Sometimes they play it well, and sometimes they don't.. which happens irl.
Old 12-09-2020, 10:42 AM   #117
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpstax
I haven't noticed this too much. I have the cpu def awareness and play passing lanes both set to 100. Try that and see what results you get.

Sometimes they play it well, and sometimes they don't.. which happens irl.

Believe me when I say I’ve tried every combination of sliders. Some teams just will not play realistic defense consistently. Providing 0 help defense over and over again, PnR being easily exploitable due to brain dead AI by the hedge defender + no help D at the rim to counteract.

The elite teams play it well the vast majority of the time, but some of the average/bad teams will literally have the hedge defender stand in place and ignore the play CONSISTENTLY while the remaining off-ball defenders stick tight to the perimeter and allow easy dunks time after time.

Oh, and 2K messed with Game Speed yet again so now movement is WAY too fast and feels like players are ice skating across the court. Cool. This game needs a patch in the worst way.

Thank god Cyberpunk 2077 comes out in 8 hours. I’ll be taking an extended vacation to Night City until 2K fixes their game
Old 12-09-2020, 08:39 PM   #118
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Believe me when I say I’ve tried every combination of sliders. Some teams just will not play realistic defense consistently. Providing 0 help defense over and over again, PnR being easily exploitable due to brain dead AI by the hedge defender + no help D at the rim to counteract.

The elite teams play it well the vast majority of the time, but some of the average/bad teams will literally have the hedge defender stand in place and ignore the play CONSISTENTLY while the remaining off-ball defenders stick tight to the perimeter and allow easy dunks time after time.

Oh, and 2K messed with Game Speed yet again so now movement is WAY too fast and feels like players are ice skating across the court. Cool. This game needs a patch in the worst way.

Thank god Cyberpunk 2077 comes out in 8 hours. I’ll be taking an extended vacation to Night City until 2K fixes their game
I was thinking of he same thing about Cyberpunk. lol nail I started reading about all of its bugs.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:19 AM   #119
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I was thinking of he same thing about Cyberpunk. lol nail I started reading about all of its bugs.

I played CyberPunk for a few hours tonight. Can definitely tell it will be an incredible game and the graphics (1440p Ultra settings on PC with Ray Tracing and DLSS) are some of the best I’ve ever seen.

But the bugs. Oh my god the BUGS. This is making Fallout 76 look like a smooth launch
Old 12-10-2020, 10:40 AM   #120
MVP

OVR: 6

I know you're frustrated with movement, but I actually have been having unbelievably good games with your settings, 3pt tendency at 37 and game speed 50.

Tweaked my shooting settings over the last week and they seem to be where I like them for Real FG%.

Lost an absolute thriller as Atlanta vs. Toronto. Had a chance late and Young missed at the buzzer, 109-108.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »