Home

NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-10-2020, 10:47 AM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
I know you're frustrated with movement, but I actually have been having unbelievably good games with your settings, 3pt tendency at 37 and game speed 50.

Tweaked my shooting settings over the last week and they seem to be where I like them for Real FG%.

Lost an absolute thriller as Atlanta vs. Toronto. Had a chance late and Young missed at the buzzer, 109-108.
Can I ask what your shooting settings are?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2020, 01:02 PM   #122
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
I know you're frustrated with movement, but I actually have been having unbelievably good games with your settings, 3pt tendency at 37 and game speed 50.

Tweaked my shooting settings over the last week and they seem to be where I like them for Real FG%.

Lost an absolute thriller as Atlanta vs. Toronto. Had a chance late and Young missed at the buzzer, 109-108.
Can you share what you’ve got inputted for shooting?
Old 12-10-2020, 03:28 PM   #123
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

I think my game has to be bugged. The last time I played I had to set game speed to 40, FORTY, to get the speed and animations I was getting before at 50. I think the problem started when I tested a game at 60 game speed just to check it out, but every game after that felt like it ignored my Game Speed setting and played like it was still on 60.

I restarted the game, restarted the console, but the issue continued. Haven’t played since Tuesday night though so I’m not sure if things are back to normal or not.
Old 12-10-2020, 03:31 PM   #124
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I think my game has to be bugged. The last time I played I had to set game speed to 40, FORTY, to get the speed and animations I was getting before at 50. I think the problem started when I tested a game at 60 game speed just to check it out, but every game after that felt like it ignored my Game Speed setting and played like it was still on 60.

I restarted the game, restarted the console, but the issue continued. Haven’t played since Tuesday night though so I’m not sure if things are back to normal or not.
Every time I turn on 2k, it picks up from where I left off and I'm prompted to return to the main menu for required updates. This happens EVERY SINGLE DAY. So I'm sure there was something weird in yours, but there's probably a new update for you waiting.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:55 PM   #125
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpstax
Every time I turn on 2k, it picks up from where I left off and I'm prompted to return to the main menu for required updates. This happens EVERY SINGLE DAY. So I'm sure there was something weird in yours, but there's probably a new update for you waiting.
Gameplay is still noticeably fast today. Weird.

Anyway, I've been messing around with some coach settings/sliders and getting interesting results. I'm back to being hopeful about the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2020, 10:01 AM   #126
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

MOVEMENT AND DEFENSE UPDATE!

2K are up to their usual shenanigans messing with the Game Speed affects on a nearly weekly basis. This week, the gameplay has been sped up considerably and has made me re-adjust my Game Speed and movement sliders. As of 12/11, I am recommending setting your Game Speed between 49 and 51, based on personal preference.

49 for more realistic movement and animations that gives a feeling of weight to the gameplay.
51 for more explosive movement and animations that give a light/loose feel to the gameplay.
50 for a bit of both.

Coupled with the Game Speed changes, I've also reverted the movement sliders back to my original tweaks to give the best look and feel to gameplay and trigger contextual animations when the situation calls for it. With 2K's Game Speed changes, movement became a little too loose and allowed the offense to run around defenders with ease. A simple decrease to all of the Speed/Accel (Max) sliders was enough to fix this problem.

I've also posted the first version of my Foul sliders, which I believe give a much improved balance to gameplay over the default settings.

Oh, and there's also this little ditty:

IMPORTANT: In Play Now, pause at the start of every game and go to Gameplan > Coaching Sliders to set Help Defense to 100. Then select Choose Sides, switch to the CPU team and set their Coach Sliders the same way. Switch back to your team and play the game. This should drastically improve the likelihood of a defender rotating down to help protect the rim.

I'm also experimenting with increasing the Run Plays coach slider as well. For teams with random stretches of terrible offense, I noticed they tended to have a low Run Plays setting. Increasing that to around 90 has made the offensive decision making a lot more realistic in my experience. Something worth trying out, but I haven't tested enough to come to any conclusions on that front.

*TEST* - I haven't posted this to the OP, but I have some test Shot Success values for you guys to try out if you'd like. Inside/Close/3pt - 65, Midrange - 55, Layup/Contact Shot - 50. Try those out and let me know your thoughts. (Note: I’m currently using Real Player %)

Anyway, that's the update for today. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Enjoy!

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 12-11-2020 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-11-2020, 10:32 AM   #127
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
MOVEMENT AND DEFENSE UPDATE!

2K are up to their usual shenanigans messing with the Game Speed affects on a nearly weekly basis. This week, the gameplay has been sped up considerably and has made me re-adjust my Game Speed and movement sliders. As of 12/11, I am recommending setting your Game Speed between 49 and 51, based on personal preference.

49 for more realistic movement and animations that gives a feeling of weight to the gameplay.
51 for more explosive movement and animations that give a light/loose feel to the gameplay.
50 for a bit of both.

Coupled with the Game Speed changes, I've also reverted the movement sliders back to my original tweaks to give the best look and feel to gameplay and trigger contextual animations when the situation calls for it. With 2K's Game Speed changes, movement became a little too loose and allowed the offense to run around defenders with ease. A simple decrease to all of the Speed/Accel (Max) sliders was enough to fix this problem.

I've also posted the first version of my Foul sliders, which I believe give a much improved balance to gameplay over the default settings.

Oh, and there's also this little ditty:

IMPORTANT: In Play Now, pause at the start of every game and go to Gameplan > Coaching Sliders to set Help Defense to 100. Then select Choose Sides, switch to the CPU team and set their Coach Sliders the same way. Switch back to your team and play the game. This should drastically improve the likelihood of a defender rotating down to help protect the rim.

I'm also experimenting with increasing the Run Plays coach slider as well. For teams with random stretches of terrible offense, I noticed they tended to have a low Run Plays setting. Increasing that to around 90 has made the offensive decision making a lot more realistic in my experience. Something worth trying out, but I haven't tested enough to come to any conclusions on that front.

*TEST* - I haven't posted this to the OP, but I have some test Shot Success values for you guys to try out if you'd like. Inside/Close/3pt - 65, Midrange - 55, Layup/Contact Shot - 50. Try those out and let me know your thoughts.

Anyway, that's the update for today. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Enjoy!
Awesome work EM!

I was playing around with maxing out the help defense today a little bit, as well as going into the coach profile and setting pre-rotate and help defense to on, and also tried setting the team to switch all screens.

Gonna have to try out the running plays part. Overall I think these "hacks" are making for a much more enjoyable game now.

Good stuff as always man
Old 12-11-2020, 10:59 AM   #128
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpstax
Can I ask what your shooting settings are?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Can you share what you’ve got inputted for shooting?

Will send you both a PM next time I log into the game.

As a rule, I don't like to post settings in other folks threads, can just muddy the waters so to speak.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »