Home

NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-13-2020, 12:17 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
None of that responded to the points I brought up in my last reply. If you have too many shots, you need to look at your other stats and figure out what is causing it. If the CPU is shooting too quickly in the shot clock, you need to figure out why. Is your defense too weak so they are getting open shots quickly? Play better defense or increase the defensive sliders that pertain to your issue. Is the defense OK but the CPU is rushing? Decrease the shot tendencies so that the CPU is more picky with the shots they take. Same goes for the other issues with your stats, you need to look at what is causing the issue and adjust accordingly. Re-read my last reply and go from there.
Ok, how to make then CPU to spend more time in the half court and prevent from fast shots in a rush? Fouls are set to 100. So I don't what else I need to increase or decrease.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2020, 01:25 PM   #146
Rookie

@Eccentric, great sliders!

But FG (both) are really low. Just 27-39% per game

Furthermore, there are too many offensive rebounds and way too few TO`s on both sides...

Do you have an idea what i can do?

PS: I´m sorry for my bad english
Old 12-13-2020, 03:47 PM   #147
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

Quote:
2K needs to fix these speed issues so I can finish up my base slider set. The gameplay is completely unenjoyable in its current state because all weight in movement has been lost and players like Lebron are just too fast with the ball in their hands for the game to look or feel right, or to give any type of challenge. No idea how they broke the Speed/Accel with ball (Max) settings, but they need to fix it.

Felt the same with Giannis last day, he was moving 2x, it was horrible. I really hope the fix it because this (+ bad help defense... And no jumpshots fouls) is really a game breaker.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:20 PM   #148
Pro

Quote:
Also, I think I figured out why movement has been off this week. I think 2K somehow broke the Speed/Accel with Ball (Max) sliders. No matter what I set them too, the in-game movement stays the same. I put them at 0, no difference. Then I tried at 100, still no difference. So my gameplay is stuck with the default Movement "with ball (Max)" values for some reason.

I closed the game, restarted my PS5, nothing changes it. Anyone else seeing this?
Yeah it's definitely broken. Such a shame too. This is a total game breaker. Hope the patch it or I'll be forced to move on from this game.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-13-2020, 07:02 PM   #149
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arni5
Ok, how to make then CPU to spend more time in the half court and prevent from fast shots in a rush? Fouls are set to 100. So I don't what else I need to increase or decrease.

There are two main ways to increase the time the CPU spends in the halfcourt: 1) Improve USER defense so the AI has to work harder for a good shot, and 2) Decrease the AI shooting tendencies so that they are less likely to force a bad shot.

Improving user defense depends on what the trouble areas are for you. If the AI is getting to the basket too easily, increase Lateral Quickness and/or Body-Up Sensitivity to make it easier to cut off the lane to the basket. If you usually play off-ball defense and notice your AI teammates are still getting beat to the rim too easily, increase the user On-Ball Defense slider a few clicks.

If the AI is putting up shots too quickly when your defense is playing well, you can decrease the relevant tendency slider to slow their offense down (example: CPU is rushing 3pt shots early in the shot clock, so decrease the 3pt shot tendency a few clicks). Another good way to slow down the offense is to check that team’s Coach Sliders and increase the Run Plays setting. To do this, pause the game and select Choose Sides, switch to the CPU team, then select Gameplan > Coach Sliders and adjust from there. Plays typically take longer to develop so the CPU won’t be rushing to put up bad shots nearly as often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flocke21
@Eccentric, great sliders!

But FG (both) are really low. Just 27-39% per game

Furthermore, there are too many offensive rebounds and way too few TO`s on both sides...

Do you have an idea what i can do?

PS: I´m sorry for my bad english

Did you use my shot success sliders, or just the default? If using the default you’re gonna have a bad time And yea, if your FG% is that low you’re gonna have a ton of offensive rebounds, so it’s two problems in one. From a few posts back:

*TEST* - I haven't posted this to the OP, but I have some test Shot Success values for you guys to try out if you'd like. Inside/Close/3pt - 65, Midrange - 55, Layup/Contact Shot - 50. Try those out and let me know your thoughts. (Note: I’m currently using Real Player %)

For turnovers, the easiest fix is to increase the Steal Success slider and/or decrease Ball Security. You can also further decrease Pass Accuracy, but this will severely hinder the drive-and-kick game as even accurate passes will trigger the bobbled catch animation more often than not.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 12-13-2020 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-13-2020, 07:34 PM   #150
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
Yeah it's definitely broken. Such a shame too. This is a total game breaker. Hope the patch it or I'll be forced to move on from this game.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLG
Felt the same with Giannis last day, he was moving 2x, it was horrible. I really hope the fix it because this (+ bad help defense... And no jumpshots fouls) is really a game breaker.

So glad it’s not just me. I have no idea what they were trying to do but they need to reverse it immediately. The only thing we can do is set Game Speed to a ridiculously low level, but then every animation will be ridiculously slow which just ruins the gameplay in a different way.

C’mon 2K.

Celtic, have you tried my tweaks for defense? Jacking up the Help Defense slider in the Coach Profiles has been a gamechanger for me as far as making the defense actually care about rotating and helping on the backend. And increasing the Contest Shots tendency around 100 makes them actually try to contest when they’re close by.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 12-13-2020 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:07 AM   #151
Rookie

Eccentric did you see this? This is affects movement heavily

https://youtu.be/udasNXyTreg

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2020, 02:20 AM   #152
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall_Gilbert
Eccentric did you see this? This is affects movement heavily

https://youtu.be/udasNXyTreg

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That definitely explains why athletic bigs are so broken when it comes to movement. Interesting and 100% needs a fix!

But they also need to fix the fact that the Speed with Ball (Max) slider is no longer working, when it was working just fine last week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »