Home

NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-03-2020, 01:09 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Something has changed it seems with the PnR defense, in a good way. Not sure if there was a tuner today or not, but I haven't had to set Play Passing Lanes to 0 in order to get affective play out of the AI defense.

At least on Hall of Fame difficulty, it seems as long as Contest Shots is at 100 and Help Defense Strength is set higher than Play Passing Lanes, the AI will defend the PnR pretty damn well. I've been testing today just on HOF default sliders with these tweaks (plus my movement sliders, which I'm about ready to post) and the results have been exceptional.

Note that setting Play Passing Lanes to 0 still fixes the hedge defense logic, but it does obviously opens up the screener to an easier path to the basket (which is far less than ideal). My latest tweaks have removed this issue, but these are the same tweaks I had been using before that made the hedge defender completely useless. So yea, I think 2K changed something.

Interesting, so with the update do you still have your play passing land slider set at 0 or do you know just make sure it is set lower than help defense strength. Also what slider setting should I adjust to see a bit more fast breaks. It seems like I can catch the CPU easily on fast breaks no matter the teams/players and the CPU can catch upto me easily on fastbreaks?
Old 12-03-2020, 05:43 PM   #74
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Interesting, so with the update do you still have your play passing land slider set at 0 or do you know just make sure it is set lower than help defense strength. Also what slider setting should I adjust to see a bit more fast breaks. It seems like I can catch the CPU easily on fast breaks no matter the teams/players and the CPU can catch upto me easily on fastbreaks?

All the settings to improve defense and movement are posted in the OP, including the Play Passing Lanes slider. Just copy the OP and you’ll be set!

Fast breaks are pretty random. It all depends on if the team runs back immediately to defend or if they stay in the half court long enough for you to push the break. If you get a steal or intercept a pass on the perimeter, you will have the fast break play out realistically.

I got a few great plays between AD and Lebron on the break in my last game, and also got toasted by Kawhi stealing a pass at the 3pt line and taking it to the other end. Also played against the Nets and had Kyrie fake me out beautifully on the break, opening just enough space for a cutting KD to get a pass and jam it home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxStew21xx
Just got the game today. Played about 2 games on default Superstar. Felt pretty good but players seemed slow. I'm sure with your slider set in use it could be playing even better. Seems like you know what your doing so going to give it a go right now.

And a quick question just to make sure...All these slider levels are to be put under both user and cpu correct ?

Thanks

Yea, unless I put two values (for example: 50/40) then the settings posted would be for both User and CPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
Gonna try everything u have posted tonight, thanks for all the hard work bro....... have u determined if they actually implemented a PNR fix or is it placebo? I haven’t played in a couple days

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

There’s really not a way to check if it was placebo or not, since I can’t revert any tuner update they may or may not have put out. All I know is PnR defense is much better than it was previously, and I no longer need Play Passing Lanes at 0 in order to get that
Old 12-03-2020, 06:33 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 0

hey fellas, just a heads up I have posted the sliders Eccentric has on the main page as of right now (12/3) for Xbox series X under gamer tag-strosdood
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 06:56 PM   #76
MVP

Nathan_OS's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
hey fellas, just a heads up I have posted the sliders Eccentric has on the main page as of right now (12/3) for Xbox series X under gamer tag-strosdood

Thanks man!

Jonathan.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:46 PM   #77
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:

If shooting and fouls and the CPU offense still suck, blame 2K and not me

Just wanted to highlight that this is NOT a complete slider set and the above issues have not been touched yet. But movement and defense should be aces
Old 12-03-2020, 07:48 PM   #78
Rookie

XxStew21xx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Yea, unless I put two values (for example: 50/40) then the settings posted would be for both User and CPU.
Sorry, I am confused. So your settings posted just have the values you put but there was one under "dunk tendency" that has two which are 50/40 or something like that. So that means all the settings are for just user? or just cpu? And the dunk tendency is for both user and cpu ?

I'm used to Madden sliders where they will say which ones to adjust for user and which ones for cpu so am a little confused.

Thanks
Old 12-04-2020, 02:26 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Sorry, I am confused. So your settings posted just have the values you put but there was one under "dunk tendency" that has two which are 50/40 or something like that. So that means all the settings are for just user? or just cpu? And the dunk tendency is for both user and cpu ?

I'm used to Madden sliders where they will say which ones to adjust for user and which ones for cpu so am a little confused.

Thanks
If there is just one value, it’s for both, user and cpu.
If there are different values for a setting it is user/cpu.
Old 12-04-2020, 03:00 AM   #80
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:

Thanks
What Lenkbron said: One value means set both User and CPU to that value. Two values means they will be different and are posted in User/CPU format. So if it says "40/50", that means User = 40 and CPU = 50.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »