Home

MyLeague Random Events

This is a discussion on MyLeague Random Events within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-23-2020, 08:40 PM   #41
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: MyLeague Random Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdaddy

I like this idea, but wonder how you would make it different than the Surprise Breakout runs, they seem very similar. What did you have in mind?

I would say that Late Bloomer would be a permanent change and may also involve increasing their potential and/or their End Peak, while also being exclusive to players who have been in the league for X amount of time.

Another idea I have would be called something like “Grass is Greener” or “Change of Scenery”, where players (maybe only under 80 overall, but maybe no limit to player overall) that have been traded to (or signed by) a new team get a boost to their attributes to reflect players that sometimes over-perform after joining a new team. This could also be a permanent or short-term boost. In contrast, another scenario called something like “Home Sick”, where a player moves to a new team and instead underperforms (again could be permanent or short term decreases in ratings).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2020, 08:47 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

Ok sitting down to work on the updated sheet and working out which storylines run in which tab.

Always Available
Spoiler

NBA Draft Combine/Workouts
Spoiler

NBA Draft
Spoiler

Off Season Free Agency
Spoiler

Summer League
Spoiler

Pre-Season
Spoiler

Regular Season - Pre Trade Deadline
Spoiler

Regular Season - Post Trade Deadline
Spoiler
Old 02-24-2020, 09:05 PM   #43
Banned

Sorry about the huge blank space before the table shows up, I'm not sure why its happening.

Events Result
All About the Ring Player 30 yrs or older signs for MLE or Minimum
Back Up the Brinks Truck Player in Contract Year has all offensive attrubutes increased by 3-7 each
Best Shape of Life Increase Speed, Acceleration, Lateral Quickness, and Strength by 2-5, Increase Stamina by 10
Buy Me Out Player 30 yrs or older AND in final year of contract gets bought out by team if not within 3 games of 8th seed
Destination Wedding Player demands a trade to one of 3 teams. Run the sheet 3 additional times to determine list. Player must be dealt to one of these 3 teams before the next trade deadline. Use trade finder to field offers.
Edge of the Cliff Player 28 yrs or older has Peak End decreased by 3 years
Forged Birth Certificate Player is found to be between 1-3 years older than listed
Grass is Greener Player on a new team has all attributes increased by 3-5 each
Help Wanted Player asks management to go all out to improve the team NOW. Change team status to Contending under Scouting->Team Intel
Home Sick Player on new team has all attributes decreased by 3-5 each
Impressive Combine - Athleticism Increase Speed, Speed with Ball, Lateral Quickness, Acceleration, Strength, Vertical by 3 each
Impressive Combine - Measurements Increase Height by 1", and Wingspan by 5-15
Impressive Combine - Shooting Increase Mid Range and 3 pt by 5 Each
Late Bloomer Player 26 yrs or older has potential increased by 15 and Peak Start changed to current age plus 2 years
LeGM Player asks to acquire a specific player either by trade or upcoming Free Agency. Run sheet again to get Team and Player ID that is being requested.
Locked Down Increase Post Defense, Perimeter Defense, Help Defense IQ, Pick and Roll Defense IQ by 7-10 each. Increase Defensive Consistency by 20. MAX 3 uses per calandar year
Me or Him Player asks GM to choose between him or another player to trade/cut (Use 1-15 as lower/upper limits to determine player ID that is asked to be traded)
New Free Throw Routine - Decline Change Free Throw Motion, Decrease Free Throw by 3-10
New Free Throw Routine - Improve Change Free Throw Motion, Increase Free Throw and Draw Foul by 3-10 each.
Offensive Renaissance Increase Driving Layup, Shot Close, Mid Range, 3 Pt, Post Hook, Post Fade, Post Control, Shot IQ and Ball Handling by 7-10 each. Increase Offensive Consistency by 20. MAX 3 uses per calandar year
Out of Shape Decrease Speed, Acceleration, Lateral Quickness, and Strength by 2-5, Decrease Stamina by 10
Pick for Sale 1st Round Pick to be traded for best offer found via Trade Finder
Player Demands Trade Must place on the trade block and entertain offers
Player Needs Surgery - Minor Apply injury between 1-40 days
Player Needs Surgery - Moderate Apply injury between 45-90 days
Player Needs Surgery - Severe Apply injury between 100-200 days
Player Won't Re-Sign Team has to let player walk in free agency at the end of their current contract, or can choose to trade player before they lose them for nothing.
Poor Combine - Athleticism Decrease Speed, Speed with Ball, Lateral Quickness, Acceleration, Strength, Vertical by 3 each
Poor Combine - Measurements Decrease Height by 1", and Wingspan by 5-15
Poor Combine - Shooting Decrease Mid Range and 3 pt by 5 each
Positive Drug Test 25 Game Suspension 1st Offense, 50 Games 2nd Offense, Indefinite 3rd Offense
Redshirt Season Rookie has injury that will force them to miss entire season
Ring Chaser Player 30 yrs or older AND in final year of contract gets bought out by team if not within 3 games of 8th seed, Player signs with top 4 seed in either conference after clearing waivers
Summer 3 Player develops 3 point shot over summer, Increase 3 pt by 15 or up to 75.
Summer League Standout Player on Summer League Roster has breakout performance, increase all attributes by 3-5 each.
Superstar Trade Demand Player 80+ OVR demands trade. Must be dealt by Trade Deadline
Superteam Me 2 Free Agents 78+ OVR team up
Surprise Breakout - Defending Interior Increase Interior Defense and Help Defense IQ by 5-15 each, Block, Pass Perception, and Defensive Consistency by 3-10 each. Increase Take Charge, Contest Shot, and Block Shot by 10 each. Decrease Foul tendency by 10.
Surprise Breakout - Defending Perimeter Increase Perimeter Defense and Help Defense IQ by 3-7 each, Steal, Pass Perception, and Defensive Consistency by 1-5 each. Increase Pass Interception, On Ball Steal and Contest Shot by 10 each. Decrease Foul tendency by 10.
Surprise Breakout - Finishing Skills Increase Driving Layup, Shot Close, and Shot IQ by 5-15 each up to max rating of 90. Increase Driving Layup, Drive and Spot Up Drive by 15 each
Surprise Breakout - Point Guard Skills Increase Ball Handle, Pass Accuracy, Pass IQ, and Pass Vision 5-15 each up to max rating of 90. Increase Dish to Open Man tendency by 15
Surprise Breakout - Post Skills Increase Post Hook, Post Fade, and Post Control (Post Moves) 5-15 each up to max rating of 90. Increase post up tendency by 15 and Shoot from Post tendency by 10
Surprise Breakout - Shooting Skills Increase Mid Range and 3 pt by 5-15 each up to max rating of 90. Increase Shot and Touches tendencies by 10 each
Surprise Decline - Defending Interior Decrease Interior Defense and Help Defense IQ by 3-7 each, Block, Pass Perception, and Defensive Consistency by 1-5 each. Increase Foul tendency by 10.
Surprise Decline - Defending Perimeter Increase Perimeter Defense and Help Defense IQ by 5-15 each, Steal, Pass Perception, and Defensive Consistency by 3-10 each. Increase Foul tendency by 10.
Surprise Decline - Finishing Skills Decrease Driving Layup, Shot Close, and Shot IQ by 3-7 each
Surprise Decline - Point Guard Skills Decrease Ball Handle, Pass Accuracy, Pass IQ, and Pass Vision 3-7 each
Surprise Decline - Post Skills Decrease Post Hook, Post Fade, and Post Control (Post Moves) 3-7 each
Surprise Decline - Shooting Skills Decrease Mid Range and 3 pt by 3-7 each
The Cliff is Near Player 28 yrs or older has Potential decreased by 3-12
Trade Demand Player demands trade. Must be dealt by Trade Deadline.
Untapped Potential Increase Potential by 3-12 up to maximum equal to highest overall player in league
Won't Play There 1st Round Pick won't play for team. Player must be traded by end of off season

Last edited by TheDominator273; 02-24-2020 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:50 AM   #44
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

I love how this has evolved from the original sheet to being this in-depth, great ideas being thrown around. A couple thoughts:

All about the ring: There might need to be a stipulation, whether in the program or people just use common sense, to have it only apply to players in FA who are 80-82 overall or below. We don't want to see a guy that's still balling take it. This is basically just a common sense thing for the user, but personal preference.

Buy Me Out: Again, personal preference, but making this an in-game rule would probably get it to show up a lot more. With a sim it's only gonna pop up so often.

Grass is Greener/Home Sick: What if this was only available during the off-season(free agency) or summer league? It’ll be tough to identify the players who switched teams in-season, but if you did it during FA, so do a RNG for the position (1-5) then RNG for I’d say top 10-15 players at each position, get the numbers and then just write it down and apply the changes after he’s signed. That’ll also help avoid any contract changes as a result of their overall being adjusted.

Looking forward to seeing the updated sheet, thanks for your work on this and the original idea. Like I said, really crazy to see how far this idea has come when we get a few heads in on it.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:58 PM   #45
MVP

This is incredible. I wish you would have been around when I was creating my College Hoops recruiting spreadsheet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2020, 04:52 PM   #46
Banned

v3.0 is getting close, I still need to create all the named ranges and macros for each tab (correlating to what part of your MyLeague you are in) but the new layout and functionality are working great.

As you can see in this update you now have a lot more control over running the sheet until you are satisfied with the generated story. You can individually generate team, player ID, event, result of event, and length of result until you are satisfied with the storyline. At that point you simply hit the 'Save Storyline' button, followed by the 'Archive Storyline' button to archive the sheet to a centralized tab containing all your stories.

Any other ideas for functionality, layout, or of course event ideas are always welcome!

Old 02-27-2020, 07:00 PM   #47
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdaddy
I love how this has evolved from the original sheet to being this in-depth, great ideas being thrown around. A couple thoughts:

All about the ring: There might need to be a stipulation, whether in the program or people just use common sense, to have it only apply to players in FA who are 80-82 overall or below. We don't want to see a guy that's still balling take it. This is basically just a common sense thing for the user, but personal preference.

Buy Me Out: Again, personal preference, but making this an in-game rule would probably get it to show up a lot more. With a sim it's only gonna pop up so often.

Grass is Greener/Home Sick: What if this was only available during the off-season(free agency) or summer league? It’ll be tough to identify the players who switched teams in-season, but if you did it during FA, so do a RNG for the position (1-5) then RNG for I’d say top 10-15 players at each position, get the numbers and then just write it down and apply the changes after he’s signed. That’ll also help avoid any contract changes as a result of their overall being adjusted.

Looking forward to seeing the updated sheet, thanks for your work on this and the original idea. Like I said, really crazy to see how far this idea has come when we get a few heads in on it.

Yeah there are a few that require common sense. The 15 pt increase to the 3 point attribute would also need to be used carefully. If you have a 84 3 point shooter (elite) hes all of a sudden Steph Curry.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:22 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
Yeah there are a few that require common sense. The 15 pt increase to the 3 point attribute would also need to be used carefully. If you have a 84 3 point shooter (elite) hes all of a sudden Steph Curry.
For that specific example of the Summer 3 event I have the description as

Quote:
Player develops 3 point shot over summer, increase 3 pt rating by 15 or up to 75.
It's also only available during the Summer League, and Pre-Season (End of off season once rosters are set, before any games get played).

But your point on a broader spectrum is a very good one. What works for me in terms of frequency and ratings changes may not work for everyone. Version 3 of the sheet will have much more flexibility for this reason. I've also tried to keep the description as short as I can so by all means feel free to make amendments to what they say. Add on, change, adjust tendencies, the world is yours, the sheet is designed to help bring some spontaneity to your MyLeague, but don't feel limited by it. Let your imagination run wild, take some of these cues and turn them into as big or little of a story within your league as you want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »