Home

MyLeague Random Events

This is a discussion on MyLeague Random Events within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-18-2020, 10:12 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague Random Events

This is pretty cool to be honest, I really like it.

Another cool addition could be the "Summer 3". Pretty much go to the all players tab and find a center who has a low 3 rating (say a D or an F) and increase his 3 point shot to a 70 and change the rating as well.

Suggestion for "the end is near" maybe have an additional point to change their peak end forward a few years? Another addition could be one where you can extend a players prime. (Go to find players and search by age. Find the 13th 28 year old and increase his peak end by 2 years).

Furthermore, there could be "Team Up" in which using the all-players tab find two players in the "upcoming free agents" and organize them to team up. Force them to decline their player options, and force them to the same team in the NBA. Could also add a random option to choose what team they will team up on (or 3, such as the demand a trade).

There is so many possibilities here and I love it.

Only question is how often would you use this? I am thinking of running it 10 times at the beginning of the year, 10 times in the new year, 10 times at the all star break, and 10 times at year end. I also have made all attribute changes permanent.

Edit: also could make some draft/off-season specific items. One that came to mind is a "Kobe"-ish demand that he will only play for a certain team. Force the team who drafts a certain player to trade him to a certain organization

What about the "Buddy Heild" Player turns out to be 2 years older than what people originally thought?

Last edited by YogurtProducer; 02-18-2020 at 10:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2020, 01:49 AM   #26
MVP

pimpinpidgeon8's Arena

OVR: 10

Have you been able to figure out how to get this to work on mobile?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2020, 08:07 AM   #27
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

I like the Team Up thing in FA, that could give you the Kyrie-KD-DJ type storyline. The tough part on that is how a team would be able to clear the cap space to make it happen. You’d obviously have to control the team but you’d need to be creative in how to make the space. It’s too bad sign-and-trade isn’t a thing in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-19-2020, 08:10 AM   #28
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalEvent97
Started a MyLeague as the Jazz with the deadline roster and ran it 10 times before the season start.

(Mavs) Porzingis +11 Shooting for 2 weeks

(Jazz) Bogdanovic +13 Shooting for 2 weeks

(Lakers) Howard -6 Post Permanent

(Suns) Bolden +11 Shooting Permanent

(Hornets) Hermangomez 63 Days Injury

(Jazz) Williams-Goss -3 Finishing 1 month

(76ers) Richardson +13 Post 3 months

(Bucks) Korver traded to Grizzlies

(Blazers) Trent -5 Shooting 3 months

(Raptors) Johmson -6 Shooting 6 months

Will probably run this 10 times a month to keep things mixed up.

Surprised by the Korver deal, not that it happened but more so that you didn’t override it considering his role on the Bucks. Though if you’re in the off-season already that makes more sense. What was the return on the deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-19-2020, 08:26 PM   #29
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
This is pretty cool to be honest, I really like it.

Another cool addition could be the "Summer 3". Pretty much go to the all players tab and find a center who has a low 3 rating (say a D or an F) and increase his 3 point shot to a 70 and change the rating as well.

Suggestion for "the end is near" maybe have an additional point to change their peak end forward a few years? Another addition could be one where you can extend a players prime. (Go to find players and search by age. Find the 13th 28 year old and increase his peak end by 2 years).

Furthermore, there could be "Team Up" in which using the all-players tab find two players in the "upcoming free agents" and organize them to team up. Force them to decline their player options, and force them to the same team in the NBA. Could also add a random option to choose what team they will team up on (or 3, such as the demand a trade).

There is so many possibilities here and I love it.

Only question is how often would you use this? I am thinking of running it 10 times at the beginning of the year, 10 times in the new year, 10 times at the all star break, and 10 times at year end. I also have made all attribute changes permanent.

Edit: also could make some draft/off-season specific items. One that came to mind is a "Kobe"-ish demand that he will only play for a certain team. Force the team who drafts a certain player to trade him to a certain organization

What about the "Buddy Heild" Player turns out to be 2 years older than what people originally thought?

You can force players to decline their player options?
Old 02-19-2020, 08:29 PM   #30
MVP

pimpinpidgeon8's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
You can force players to decline their player options?
I would just edit their contract to the point it turns into a one year deal.

Old 02-19-2020, 10:48 PM   #31
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinpidgeon8
I would just edit their contract to the point it turns into a one year deal.

Oh ok. Thought i was missing something. By the way, am i trippin or does the team salary not update even when you edit the contract value? Like i think if i edit Lebron down to the vet min, the team finances still reflect him on a max...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2020, 10:01 AM   #32
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

This is very cool. This should bring some more life and randomness to MyLeague. Thanks for putting this together/sharing it.

edit: I think the Events you have are already really good. The only thing that I can really think of off of the top of my head are ways to liven up the offseason. The offseason is one of the big problem areas in ML right now. CPU teams don't have the tools to do things like make space for a big FA by moving players, doing things like Sign and Trades, etc. I'm not sure what the best way to implement those things would be but if someone could think of a way to add those that would be nice.

Maybe something else to consider is generating draft day moves. Something like teams to trade their 1st during the draft, a team trying to move up/down, etc.

The only other thing I can think of is adding Buyouts after the trade deadline. I do this myself now just by looking for players on bad teams who are on one-year deals, listing them and using random.org to determine how many and which of those players get moved. It would be cool to add that to this but again not sure how to properly implement since you don't want good teams buying out their players or younger players ob bad teams being bought out.

Either way, excellent idea and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you guys come up with.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 02-20-2020 at 10:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »