Home

MyLeague Random Events

This is a discussion on MyLeague Random Events within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-20-2020, 03:34 PM   #33
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague Random Events

This may become essential for fans of 30 team control. Adds a lot more depth and variance to MyLeague, for sure. I'm eager to try this out, and I will leave feedback once I have. In the meantime, let me say thank you for this great idea, really appreciate your efforts!
Old 02-20-2020, 08:32 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
This is pretty cool to be honest, I really like it.

Another cool addition could be the "Summer 3". Pretty much go to the all players tab and find a center who has a low 3 rating (say a D or an F) and increase his 3 point shot to a 70 and change the rating as well.
I actually had the Surprise Breakout - Shooting Skills originally have a boost to a 75 mid and 3 pt rating or to add 15 whichever was the better result for the player, but in a simplification I removed the first bit. I think the Summer 3 is a fantastic idea to add back in though as we've seen it happen frequently in recent years.

Quote:
Suggestion for "the end is near" maybe have an additional point to change their peak end forward a few years? Another addition could be one where you can extend a players prime. (Go to find players and search by age. Find the 13th 28 year old and increase his peak end by 2 years).
I think that can be a variation though where instead of actually touching the potential rating you simply accelerate the peak end.

Quote:
Furthermore, there could be "Team Up" in which using the all-players tab find two players in the "upcoming free agents" and organize them to team up. Force them to decline their player options, and force them to the same team in the NBA. Could also add a random option to choose what team they will team up on (or 3, such as the demand a trade).
Another great suggestion that I will add.

Quote:
There is so many possibilities here and I love it.

Only question is how often would you use this? I am thinking of running it 10 times at the beginning of the year, 10 times in the new year, 10 times at the all star break, and 10 times at year end. I also have made all attribute changes permanent.
Its still a feeling out process for me right now as to how often to run it, but I like the idea of running it between 1-5 times every 2 weeks during the regular season. Especially with the temporary boosts which will help players have hot and cold streaks throughout the season.

Quote:
Edit: also could make some draft/off-season specific items. One that came to mind is a "Kobe"-ish demand that he will only play for a certain team. Force the team who drafts a certain player to trade him to a certain organization

What about the "Buddy Heild" Player turns out to be 2 years older than what people originally thought?
Two more great suggestions that I will add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinpidgeon8
Have you been able to figure out how to get this to work on mobile?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
I found an article that describes a method to make a mobile friendly version but I haven't sat down to work on that version yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
This is very cool. This should bring some more life and randomness to MyLeague. Thanks for putting this together/sharing it.

edit: I think the Events you have are already really good. The only thing that I can really think of off of the top of my head are ways to liven up the offseason. The offseason is one of the big problem areas in ML right now. CPU teams don't have the tools to do things like make space for a big FA by moving players, doing things like Sign and Trades, etc. I'm not sure what the best way to implement those things would be but if someone could think of a way to add those that would be nice.

Maybe something else to consider is generating draft day moves. Something like teams to trade their 1st during the draft, a team trying to move up/down, etc.

The only other thing I can think of is adding Buyouts after the trade deadline. I do this myself now just by looking for players on bad teams who are on one-year deals, listing them and using random.org to determine how many and which of those players get moved. It would be cool to add that to this but again not sure how to properly implement since you don't want good teams buying out their players or younger players ob bad teams being bought out.

Either way, excellent idea and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you guys come up with.
Great suggestions, and these paired with the others above leads me to my next update which will be to create a different tab to utilize depending on which stage of the season you are in. I'm thinking Summer League, Regular Season (Pre-Trade Deadline), Regular Season (Post Trade Deadline), Playoffs, Free Agency, and Draft.

Each tab will have an "Archive" button that will archive the generated storyline to one centralized location for ease of use when editing players and allowing you to easily see when you should edit a player back to their original ratings.

On the Archived Stories tab I will have generators at the top of the sheet to determine length of story effect (if applicable) as well as the generator currently found at the top right of the sheet with the upper and lower limits to determine the effect amount.

This will take the sheet to v3.0 but likely won't be ready until Monday afternoon at the earliest.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:39 PM   #35
Rookie

Gowi's Arena

Perhaps a "Late Bloomer" event where a previous role player (ie: a George Hill-type) turns into an all-star late into their career?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2020, 07:17 AM   #36
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

Quote:
The only thing that I can really think of off of the top of my head are ways to liven up the offseason. The offseason is one of the big problem areas in ML right now. CPU teams don't have the tools to do things like make space for a big FA by moving players, doing things like Sign and Trades, etc. I'm not sure what the best way to implement those things would be but if someone could think of a way to add those that would be nice.
This is a really great idea. I've been workshopping some ideas, so any suggestions would be great, but basically it would be a random generator to determine if they are rebuilding-contending-etc. based off their previous season success. So if the team missed the playoffs, they would have an 80% chance of being rebuilding the following season. You do a random number generator and if the number ends up being 1-8, they are rebuilding, but if it's 9 or 10 they move up one level, to whichever the next approach is.

If they are rebuilding, you'd definitely have to do full team control here, they would prioritize cap space and young players in the offseason instead of going for it. The inverse would be if they made the playoffs the year before they would be contending and have only a 10% chance of blowing it up. I can't remember off the top of my head how many different team approaches there are, but maybe breaking down the percentages by the number of approaches?

I'm more of an idea than implementation person, so if you guys have a better thought process feel free to improve on this idea, I know it's rough around the edges.

Quote:
Perhaps a "Late Bloomer" event where a previous role player (ie: a George Hill-type) turns into an all-star late into their career?
I like this idea, but wonder how you would make it different than the Surprise Breakout runs, they seem very similar. What did you have in mind?
Old 02-21-2020, 07:58 AM   #37
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

Looking at the player movement demands, is there anyway we can control to make it more likely that the player asking to be dealt is a high-level player. I ran one where the player asking to be dealt was Bismack Biyombo. Not saying that isn’t realistic, but considering the fact that there is just one player trade demand vs a lot of development (also realistic since development is more common than trade requests) it isn’t super prevalent. I wonder if, and this might just have to be personal restriction rather than formulaic, only players rated 80 and above can request trades, or maybe adding a Superstar Trade Demand alongside the current one where it has to 80+ overall, to allow for those middle of the road guys, like Biyombo, to still request trades.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-21-2020, 09:17 AM   #38
Rookie

Gowi's Arena

Quote:
I like this idea, but wonder how you would make it different than the Surprise Breakout runs, they seem very similar. What did you have in mind?
Suppose I would have it revolve around offensive consistency, intangibles, and potential for over 28 players. Maybe have it tweak tendencies as well, but I'm unsure.
Old 02-21-2020, 06:27 PM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowi
Suppose I would have it revolve around offensive consistency, intangibles, and potential for over 28 players. Maybe have it tweak tendencies as well, but I'm unsure.
With player DNA you could easily just copy an existing players DNA overtop. It would require some individual maintenance but for some people who do not mind editing players like myself it would be a nice addition.

"Late Breakout" could be take the 5th 78 OVR player over the age of 26 and turn him into a (1-10OVR) points higher player. You could upgrade this simply through editing the player or applying a new Player DNA.

You would almost certainty have to adjust shooting attributes and key offensive tendencies from shooting tendency to iso to touches, etc.
Old 02-21-2020, 06:31 PM   #40
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdaddy
Looking at the player movement demands, is there anyway we can control to make it more likely that the player asking to be dealt is a high-level player. I ran one where the player asking to be dealt was Bismack Biyombo. Not saying that isn’t realistic, but considering the fact that there is just one player trade demand vs a lot of development (also realistic since development is more common than trade requests) it isn’t super prevalent. I wonder if, and this might just have to be personal restriction rather than formulaic, only players rated 80 and above can request trades, or maybe adding a Superstar Trade Demand alongside the current one where it has to 80+ overall, to allow for those middle of the road guys, like Biyombo, to still request trades.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I think no matter how good of a randomizer you have (and props to OP for building this; it’s a great idea and one ive seen mentioned before, but which jo one has turned into a tool for the community), youll always have to defer to common sense. Like if you get a Him or Me that involves Mike Conley, you disregard and run the tool again, or you run the RNG over and over till you get a player for whom it seems more plausible

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »