Home

MyLeague Random Events

This is a discussion on MyLeague Random Events within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-14-2020, 10:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MyLeague Random Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDominator273
Those are some great adds! I'll get them added to the base sheet, and get something set up to generate the number within a range for things. That is a great call to make things even more dynamic. What I think I'll do is have the range listed in the result, then have another macro to run a random number between two cells that will be editable so you can input the ranges you get in your event result.
Love the idea and the sheet. Totally agree with the declines being a thing as well, that was the first edit I was going to make.Can't wait to try it out on my Pistons Franchise.

Keep up the good work

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-14-2020, 11:15 PM   #10
MVP

pimpinpidgeon8's Arena

OVR: 10

So we could use it as well as in game injuries and what not?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2020, 10:57 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinpidgeon8
So we could use it as well as in game injuries and what not?

Correct. I run the sheet around 10 times after hitting advance to next season, and plan to run it around 5 times at the All Star break.

I'll have an updated sheet later tonight that will have the added storylines above as well as ranges for the storyline effects.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2020, 12:19 AM   #12
MVP

pimpinpidgeon8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDominator273
Correct. I run the sheet around 10 times after hitting advance to next season, and plan to run it around 5 times at the All Star break.

I'll have an updated sheet later tonight that will have the added storylines above as well as ranges for the storyline effects.
So you come up with 10 scenarios per tip off of each season and then 5 more at all star break?

Do you put all 10 into motion immediately at the start of the season?

Old 02-16-2020, 05:19 AM   #13
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
So you come up with 10 scenarios per tip off of each season and then 5 more at all star break?

Do you put all 10 into motion immediately at the start of the season?

It's really up to you! I think what I'm going to do is run a few custom random-number-generators for things like how much to increase/decrease stats, how long into the season to wait before implementing the changes, whether to make those changes permanent or have them revert back to default after X amount of games, etc.

This thread really helped re-invigorate the game for me. Thanks OP!
Old 02-16-2020, 06:24 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
It's really up to you! I think what I'm going to do is run a few custom random-number-generators for things like how much to increase/decrease stats, how long into the season to wait before implementing the changes, whether to make those changes permanent or have them revert back to default after X amount of games, etc.

This thread really helped re-invigorate the game for me. Thanks OP!
Same, I'm going to run it a few times to start the year and maybe a few times each month. This along with the bits already in 2k should really make my second season an absolute roller-coaster ride.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-16-2020, 11:18 AM   #15
MVP

pimpinpidgeon8's Arena

Will this work on a galaxy phone? I don't have a laptop and just use my smartphone for everything.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2020, 01:52 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Will this work on a galaxy phone? I don't have a laptop and just use my smartphone for everything.

Unfortunately the macros don't run on the mobile version of Google Sheets. I will look into a way to make a mobile version of the sheet though for those that don't have a computer.

I have updated the OP to include a link v2.0 of the spreadsheet which now looks like this.

This updated version contains new stories, as well as the ability to enter the lower and upper limits for rating increases/decreases paired with a separate RUN button used to then generate a random number between those limits.

The tutorial listed above is still how to use the sheet, the only change is when you are going to edit the player you can now run a separate function to determine how much a player's ratings increase or decrease which adds additional dynamics to the storylines as there are now far more options available to happen.

As always if you have any additional storylines you would like added let me know and I will add them! The more variety we can add to the sheet the more varied and unpredictable your MyLeague can be!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »