Home

MyLeague Random Events

This is a discussion on MyLeague Random Events within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-25-2020, 07:20 AM   #89
Just started!

Wimbles's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague Random Events

Do you have any recommendations for # of random events to do for each time period?
Old 04-25-2020, 10:33 AM   #90
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
It's just a Google Spreadsheet. My guess is that if it's not available on mobile, that's a google problem with their spreadsheet not enabling macros from mobile browsers. Have you tried to use a chromium-based browser like Edge or Chrome on your mobile device?

I have not, I'll give it a go today & see what results I get.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:11 PM   #91
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimbles
Do you have any recommendations for # of random events to do for each time period?
I am not the OP but have started using this recently in my NBA2K+CHoops 2K dynasty. Here's where I have started:
  • 3 Combine
  • 1 Draft
  • 3 Free agency
  • 2 Summer League
  • 3 Preseason
  • 2 pre-deadline
  • 2 post-deadline

I hope that's helpful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2020, 06:18 PM   #92
Just started!

Wimbles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
I am not the OP but have started using this recently in my NBA2K+CHoops 2K dynasty. Here's where I have started:
  • 3 Combine
  • 1 Draft
  • 3 Free agency
  • 2 Summer League
  • 3 Preseason
  • 2 pre-deadline
  • 2 post-deadline

I hope that's helpful.
That's a good base. I think for me it'd be more interesting to bump up the pre-season a bit to 5 and the pre-post deadlines to 4.

I feel like a lot of random things change mid season for players and I wanna mimic that.

Thanks for replying!
Old 04-29-2020, 03:27 PM   #93
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimbles
My personal recommendation is doing 10 at the beginning of each month during the regular season, and then 5-10 during each stage of the offseason. It seems like a lot, but with 30 teams in the league, you're really only impacting 10 people or teams each time, which isn't that much.

This also gives you a chance to get more events that really change the landscape of the league. By doing only 1-3 events each time, the likelihood that you get something like a trade request is pretty low, when in the real NBA those types of requests take place at least once a year.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:20 PM   #94
Rookie

Just coming across this. Really awesome thread. Thank you for your time you spent on this. Thinking I may add an event for myself. I'm digging the increase attribute but i think I may copy those and name the event Rookies. That way someone could have gotten a steal in the draft. Or maybe add another one and make it a "2nd round steal". Again thanks for this, really gives your myleague a more realistic feeling that was missing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-02-2020, 12:13 PM   #95
Rookie

Hey I just made an account to say that I love the tool you made. I just stated my 3rd MyLeague season yesterday and had DeMar Derozan become a great defender and Julius Randle become a good passing big. I added some draft scenarios just incase anyone wants to use it for their MyLeague. I'll make sure to post anything else I add to the other scenarios.

Draymond Green Draft Slip - 2nd Round Draft Pick feels slighted for falling in the draft. Raise potential by 2-5, raise highest attribute by 2-5 (Only done once per draft)

Anthony Bennett Syndrome - Top 20 Draft Pick thinks they've made it and gets complacent after getting drafted. Lower potential by 1-5, lower their 3 highest attributes by 1-5

Student Meets Teacher - Vet takes new Draft Pick under his wing. Assign rookie 1 badge (in bronze) the veteran currently has. Ex. Steph takes rookie under belt, rookie gets bronze limitless range even though Steph has HOF version

Small Fish, Big Pond - Rookie in Big Market (LA, CHI, NY) gets caught up with the extra circulars of the big city. Lower stamina, strength, misc durability and offensive & defensive consistency by 2-5

Kobe Bryant Summer - Rookie is determined to turn his weaknesses into strengths. Make layup finishing hand "both" and raise 8 lowest attributes by 2-4 (only done once per draft)

Step on a "Lego" - Rookie plays in an ill-advised pickup game at his Alma mater and rolls his ankle. Apply 21 days injury to sprained ankle, lower injured ankle durability by 2-10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2020, 04:01 PM   #96
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Amazing suggestions JoshNormanMane. I've added them to mine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »