Home

MyLeague Random Events

This is a discussion on MyLeague Random Events within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #65
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague Random Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
I think I might be missing something in this thread but what determines the length of things? Like the result length default is 1-15. So I just got a surprise breakout for Keldon Johnson on the Lakers, do I just generate a length between that 1-15? Is that days, months, whatever I want? Do I just make it permanent?
For this, it's up to you. You can have it be a long-term break out or not. You can adjust the length to whatever you want. Personally, I make them all permanent only because it's easier than having to go back in and revert changes.

Quote:
And for a surgery, I got a player needs surgery for Jalen Suggs on the Lakers, I set the length for 45-90 days and generated (what the description said), I got 61 days, but what about the event result? It's default was 3-7, do I just ignore that and not generate anything?
If I'm understanding you right, you adjusted correctly. The player is out for 61 days, and then returns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 08:04 PM   #66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
I think I might be missing something in this thread but what determines the length of things? Like the result length default is 1-15. So I just got a surprise breakout for Keldon Johnson on the Lakers, do I just generate a length between that 1-15? Is that days, months, whatever I want? Do I just make it permanent?

And for a surgery, I got a player needs surgery for Jalen Suggs on the Lakers, I set the length for 45-90 days and generated (what the description said), I got 61 days, but what about the event result? It's default was 3-7, do I just ignore that and not generate anything?
Use result length to determine how long something will last. For the 1-15 I use that as months just for ease of use. Anything longer than 10 months I consider a permanent change.

For your surgery example you would just ignore the Result section and not generate anything since the only thing you need to generate is how long the injury lasts. Some stories need you to generate both a range for the effect of the story as well as a length (if you want to use non permanent changes)

My goal was to leave the sheet with as much flexibility for you as possible, want to keep regenerating the story until you get one that you like? Go ahead, it doesn't change any of the other things you have generated. My one tip would be to clear results after you save and archive them so you remember what you've generated and what you haven't.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:43 AM   #67
MVP

Loved the tool, I made 2 videos on the tool

Old 03-30-2020, 12:17 AM   #68
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
Loved the tool, I made 2 videos on the tool

Love the video man, shame the longer video got corrupted!
Old 04-09-2020, 10:41 AM   #69
Rookie

Hello, very interesting topic.

For a while I've been trying to induce a random effect in games that I am 100% WATCHING (simulations).

So obviously this topic is for me.

But I have one maybe rhetorical question:

why dont developers put into use serious random generators (like the one in this topic) into their ingame algorhytms?

I'd be insanely satified even if they wuold put into use a parameter like "daily form" for players.

What do you think about that, the devs could make a fantastic project out of their 2K product nowadays when NBA is suspended!?

Imagine producing realistic rosters, sliders and putting random parameters into play so we all can enjoy watching simulated NBA matches when we cannot watch real ones?

How come they dont see $$$$$$$$$ waiting to be collected?

Last edited by Vedreanu; 04-09-2020 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-18-2020, 04:32 AM   #70
Rookie

Arren Dajo's Arena

Thumbs up Re: MyLeague Random Events

Loving this tool so far. I'm 18 games into a player lock career with the Kings and here's what storylines I currently have running. It was very hard to get Conley on the Mavs but I made it work even tho it rocketed them straight into debt.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:08 AM   #71
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arren Dajo
Loving this tool so far. I'm 18 games into a player lock career with the Kings and here's what storylines I currently have running. It was very hard to get Conley on the Mavs but I made it work even tho it rocketed them straight into debt.
This is awesome, love seeing Melo getting some defensive chops!

However, how do you go with those LeGM requests that are initiated by non-stars like THJ and Josh Hart. I’m sure in real life the GM would just turn around and say “thanks for your comment” and ignore them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2020, 04:58 PM   #72
Rookie

Arren Dajo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
This is awesome, love seeing Melo getting some defensive chops!

However, how do you go with those LeGM requests that are initiated by non-stars like THJ and Josh Hart. I’m sure in real life the GM would just turn around and say “thanks for your comment” and ignore them.
Well idk, for the Hernangomez request, it was super easy to go into trade finder and complete this in exchange for Nicolo Melli so why not? And for the Conley to Mavs, I felt like Conley was a very good piece for them so why not? It just mixes up the league a little bit hahah it's all pretty irrelevant since I'm only controlling one player on the Kings. The organizations can handle any "mishaps" that are generated by the spreadsheet. However I would never for example let Spencer Dinwiddie request for Lebron and such. However if LeGM rolls a superstar to request, I'll get it done. Hope it isn't too unrealistic

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »