Home

MyLeague Random Events

This is a discussion on MyLeague Random Events within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-23-2020, 09:18 PM   #121
Rookie

Jstache83's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague Random Events

This is beautiful my boy. I gotta sit with this. Hopefully I’ll be next gen ready by then but this is super dope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2020, 01:00 PM   #122
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

Something I think would be great to add in, and I think it could be its own tab, would be an owner personality generator. Maybe have the 30 teams listed, and then have a handful of different personalities that could come up. For example:
The Free Spender - owner is willing to pay well into the luxury tax so long as the team is a competitor for a title. If the team struggles, the bill better fall.

The Penny Pincher - win or lose, basketball is a business, and this ownership group isn't here to lose money, even if that means it'll lose more games. The owner will demand the team stay below the luxury tax every year.

Never Happy - this owner can just not be pleased and will constantly be looking for changes. Whether it's coming off a 60-win or 16-win season, the roster, and front office, will look different next year.

Impatience - a slow rebuild means one season. If a GM and coach haven't turned things around with a snap of their fingers, then it's time for a change.

Future? What future - this owner wants to win at all costs, and oftentimes that entails mortgaging their future to do so, whether that's smart or not. Give away as many draft picks as possible as long as it means a decent player is coming in.

Hands off - this owner knows they didn't buy the team because of their basketball intellect. They've got execs in place that know what they're doing, and they let them do what they need to.
I was thinking along the lines of how Joe Lacob, Steve Ballmer, Tilman Fertita and Jim Dolan run their teams. Lacob lets Bob Myers do what he needs to, Ballmer says he'll spend whatever is necessary, Fertita has never seen a cost-cutting move he didn't like, and Jim Dolan has the attention span of a five-year old.

And with each way the team is run, the team's moves are reflected. Warriors take measured approaches, Clippers are going for it, Rockets are imploding and the Knicks are the Knicks.

Curious in your opinions and the best way to implement something like this.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:28 PM   #123
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Wanted to give this a bump for the new MyNBA mode, to see if anyone has any ideas of how to maybe incorporate some of the new features into some random events.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:43 AM   #124
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

A recent post about making finances matter in 2k got me thinking about how bad owners can really impact a team (look no further than the exodus out of Houston currently). I am currently brainstorming a way to implement that element into a new version of this random events sheet. If there are any Excel/Sheets wizards out there that would be willing to work with me on this it would be awesome!

The premise is each team would have its own unique list of events based on their owner type and contending status. I would want the sheet to work similar otherwise though, but have specific scenarios such as "Get Under Luxury Tax".
Old 09-06-2021, 01:01 PM   #125
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

I wanted to bump this to see if you've updated the spreadsheet or added anything to it?

I've been using it in my ongoing 2k20+Choops 2k8 dynasty and was wondering if I should copy over a new spreadsheet or update anything. Really appreciate you making this.

Last edited by studbucket; 09-28-2021 at 11:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2021, 08:26 PM   #126
MVP

VizzyXV's Arena

OVR: 2

Idk how I missed this, I suppose because the last 2Ks haven't really kept my interest, had I found this earlier though who knows. Hope OP is still around, implementing this in my Bulls league on 2K22
Old 10-06-2021, 10:56 PM   #127
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
I wanted to bump this to see if you've updated the spreadsheet or added anything to it?

I've been using it in my ongoing 2k20+Choops 2k8 dynasty and was wondering if I should copy over a new spreadsheet or update anything. Really appreciate you making this.
If you or anyone else is interested, I made some personal edits here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Just disregard all my events on the first page. I added some events from the ATD generator that I liked, and maybe a few other things but I can't recall all of them off the top of my head.
Old 10-07-2021, 01:30 AM   #128
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdaddy
If you or anyone else is interested, I made some personal edits here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Just disregard all my events on the first page. I added some events from the ATD generator that I liked, and maybe a few other things but I can't recall all of them off the top of my head.

Cool, thanks! I'll check those out and consider adding them to mine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »