Home

MyLeague Random Events

This is a discussion on MyLeague Random Events within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-19-2022, 12:54 PM   #137
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MyLeague Random Events

Bumping the thread for new folks (maybe those who got 2K22 via Game Pass) because this is a great way to spice up your MyLeague.
Old 05-19-2022, 01:30 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think this would be a perfect feature for 2K to implement in franchise mode. You could easily make random events optional in the setup menu for people who don't dig it. I love this though.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:42 PM   #139
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Just found this and will definitely be using it in my Thunder MyLeague!
Old 09-12-2022, 12:43 AM   #140
MVP

VizzyXV's Arena

OVR: 2

Bump for the new 2K!
Old 09-13-2022, 01:58 AM   #141
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

🎸Keep the Band Together: if the team made the playoffs the year before, select the 3 best returning players and increase loyalty by 30 each

💔Like a Bad VH1 Documentary: if the team missed the playoffs the year before, select the 3 best returning players and decrease loyalty by 30 each

🥷Smart Stashin: player who was stashed overseas boosted 4 OVL points, given 2 new badges that suits playstyle

👨*👩*👦*👦Play Together, Win Together: everyone on the roster who has been on the same team for past 3 seasons (or more) receives +1 OVL boost

👜That's My Purse; I Don't Know You!: every player <79 OVL who has NOT been on the same team for the past 3 seasons (or more) loses -1 OVL and 1 random badge stripped

🖊Don't Call Me That: random player (non superstar) has decided to change their last name

🧑*🦯Losin the Locker Room: decrease coach OFFENSE OR DEFENSE attributes by one letter grade

⚽️Ted Lasso: increase coach OFFENSE OR DEFENSE attributes by one letter grade

🏋️*♂️Do You Even Lift Bro?: random player gains 20 pounds, +10 strength, + bully badge

🧠Ben Simmons Mental Health: random player elects to sit out for the season (personal reasons injury)

👴🏿Kevin Willis: random big on your team extends peak age to 40.

30 MPG Boost: random player age 21 or younger who played 30+ minutes per game last season receives +5 potential (20% chance for +10 potential)

🚤Off-season Jet Ski Accident: random player 75 OVL or higher suffers freak injury. Assign injury that lasts until March.

👨*👦*👦We Need a Mentor: if entire team is under 30, all players lose 5 OFF and DEF Consistency

😅Try Hard: random player <30 years old has hustle, stamina, and DEF consistency increased by 5

🧬DNA Splicing: random player has all personality badges changed negatively.

🛒Kurt Warner: random starter misses first 3 months of season. Backup gains +4 OVL (offense weighted) and +3 potential.

🏷Contract Year: a player with the highest OVL on the team in a contract year gains +2 OVL (weighted to offense) but loses 30 loyalty.

🐖Fat and Happy: player who just signed new contract (non rookie) loses - 2 OVL by decreasing strongest attributes, gains 2 cold zones, and downgrades work ethic 1 tier

🤴I'm Not the Captain Now: random player both 30+ years old and 80+ OVL loses alpha and work ethic badges (if present)

🍚Contract Pressure Cooker: for random player in contract year, 50% chance they gain +2 OVL and 50% chance they lose -2 OVL (even distribution)

🌀Deep Hypnosis: the lowest OVL player on the roster has his potential randomized 40 - 90

🧴Glue Guy Gravitas: lowest scoring player on the 2nd string increases +3 OVL (weighted to non-shooting attributes) and +2 peak end

🎇Blaze of Glory: random player lowers peak end age by 3 years but gains +3 OVL weighted to offense

🛠Specializer: random player 70 - 80 OVL receives +4 to 3 best attributes and -4 to 3 attributes chosen at random

👨🏾*✈️Player Coach: if a team has a 35+ year old on the roster, entire team gains +3 OFF and DEF consistency

🥀Sophomore Slump: random player in 2nd year of his career loses -3 OVL (includes -5 OFF and DEF consistency)

〽️Junior Slump: random player in 3rd year of his career loses -3 OVL (includes -5 OFF and DEF consistency)

💠Clutch Time: leading scorer on the team gains Clutch Trait

🏀The Jason Williams Effect: random guard trains with Jason Williams in the off-season and gains +4 to all playmaking attributes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2022, 04:02 AM   #142
Pro

OVR: 0

This is a great idea that i hope 2k would implement in some capacity to bring additional life to the mode. Reminds me of GM goals in OOTP baseball and Madden’s scenario engine.

This should be totally optional/toggable of course
Old 09-14-2022, 09:34 PM   #143
Banned

Love that you guys are still liking this! I don't have 2k yet but I might after the golf season ends and I'm home more.

Also just a note because I still get notifications for people requesting access to the sheet, to use the sheet you must select file->save a copy which will then let you make any changes you want to your copy.
Old 01-08-2024, 09:14 AM   #144
Rookie

Anyone still using this bad boy in 2024? I just found it and it seems AWESOME!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »