Home

MyLeague Random Events

This is a discussion on MyLeague Random Events within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-07-2021, 01:55 AM   #129
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MyLeague Random Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdaddy
If you or anyone else is interested, I made some personal edits here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Just disregard all my events on the first page. I added some events from the ATD generator that I liked, and maybe a few other things but I can't recall all of them off the top of my head.

So I am copying over your new events from the 'Lookup' tab, but I can't get the generator on the 'Post Trade Deadline' to get those events to show up. It only shows events from the first 36 rows (which I already had there) and I can't figure out how to edit the script to increase the range.

Do you know what I am doing wrong?
Old 10-07-2021, 09:51 AM   #130
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
So I am copying over your new events from the 'Lookup' tab, but I can't get the generator on the 'Post Trade Deadline' to get those events to show up. It only shows events from the first 36 rows (which I already had there) and I can't figure out how to edit the script to increase the range.

Do you know what I am doing wrong?
To edit what events show up in the generator, click Data at the top of the spreadsheet in the file bar, right under the name of the sheet, and the click Named Ranges. That will pop up with all of the events and what they're pulling from, my guess is you just need to update what range the Post Trade Deadline events are coming from. Let me know if that works.
Old 10-07-2021, 12:55 PM   #131
Rookie

I'm getting a "This app is blocked" message. Any workarounds?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2021, 04:35 PM   #132
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJaguar
I'm getting a "This app is blocked" message. Any workarounds?

It could be the computer you’re on. Do you have any restrictions to access Google Drive?
Old 11-11-2021, 03:19 PM   #133
Banned

Hey guys, I haven't touched 2k22 but I'll try to check in here if needed for anything, but marshdaddy has made some awesome improvements to the sheet!
Old 11-11-2021, 04:33 PM   #134
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDominator273
Hey guys, I haven't touched 2k22 but I'll try to check in here if needed for anything, but marshdaddy has made some awesome improvements to the sheet!

Old 01-06-2022, 07:19 PM   #135
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

I had a question about the SuperTeam Me event during free agency:

Superteam Me
2 Free Agents 78+ OVR team up on generated team. (Use Event Low: 1 and Event High: # of Eligible FAs to determine which 2 players team up)

I had this come up this offseason, and ended up scrapping it and re-generating a new event. However, I'd like to be more prepared next time I do this, so I have a few questions.
  1. How do you choose the two players? When in the process do you figure out how many FAs are eligible and generate the numbers?
  2. Once you get the two players, what if the fit makes no sense?
  3. Once you get the two players, what if the team has no cap space, how do you make it work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2022, 11:58 AM   #136
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
I had a question about the SuperTeam Me event during free agency:

Superteam Me
2 Free Agents 78+ OVR team up on generated team. (Use Event Low: 1 and Event High: # of Eligible FAs to determine which 2 players team up)

I had this come up this offseason, and ended up scrapping it and re-generating a new event. However, I'd like to be more prepared next time I do this, so I have a few questions.
  1. How do you choose the two players? When in the process do you figure out how many FAs are eligible and generate the numbers?
  2. Once you get the two players, what if the fit makes no sense?
  3. Once you get the two players, what if the team has no cap space, how do you make it work?
So let's say for simplicity sake that there are 10 free agents that fit the criteria of 78+ overall, you would input 1 into Event Low and 10 into Event High and run the generator twice and get numbers 3 and 6. You then go to the list of FAs and count from the top to see the 3rd and 6th guys and those are the two targets.

As with any generated story at any point you run the sheet, if you don't think it fits your league simply generate a new event. However depending on how bad the teams salary cap situation was when getting the SuperTeam Me event, you could also consider some salary dumping trades to get the cap to work, or briefly turn off the cap, offer both players max deals and edit them after if needed as if the players took less money in order to play together.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »