Home

Eggie25's New and Improved User Timing HOF Sliders

This is a discussion on Eggie25's New and Improved User Timing HOF Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-17-2016, 10:07 AM   #57
MVP

creweutah's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Eggie25's New and Improved User Timing HOF Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggie25
Are you trying to get less offensive rebounds? I can use the dark side of the force to figure it out lol
HAHA. Bro, I was going to message you and ask you but I did it anyway. I created my own thread but its a community slider set so we all can discuss sim sliders etc. I gave you a shout out. Check it out if you can bro and test them please when you get a chance. They are still in Beta. I have been testing and liked what I saw. Still a long way to go, but im determined more then ever to get them as perfect as possible. Not lying down. PS. Rated you 5 stars repay the fave? haha. 2am and here I am, testing sliders. I need a life
Old 12-17-2016, 11:53 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by creweutah
HAHA. Bro, I was going to message you and ask you but I did it anyway. I created my own thread but its a community slider set so we all can discuss sim sliders etc. I gave you a shout out. Check it out if you can bro and test them please when you get a chance. They are still in Beta. I have been testing and liked what I saw. Still a long way to go, but im determined more then ever to get them as perfect as possible. Not lying down. PS. Rated you 5 stars repay the fave? haha. 2am and here I am, testing sliders. I need a life
LOL. Thanks. I know the feeling of staying up and messing with sliders. This game will never be perfect no matter what we do. Still doesn't mean we can't strive for it though. 2k has messed up my sleep as of late. I could see some of my influence in your sliders. Almost made a brother cry lol. A few weeks ago, I messed with rebound sliders and I was able to lower off rebounds and balance rebounds across the boards where even guards can get higher rebounds. The problem I had was that I wasn't seeing Putbacks. I never included it in my updated because it's not ready and wasn't high on my list. I will look into it later though if I get time.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:22 PM   #59
MVP

Insight23's Arena

Re: Eggie25's New and Improved User Timing (Real % possible) HOF Sliders

Man, this was either a one game experience or a reality check haha I couldn't get my offense flowing at all outside of Zach Randolph. 1-18 from the 3 point line as a team & the CPU was dedicated to not letting me cut the lead down to anything past 3 without going on a run themselves (the 5 point lead I did have was first few minutes of the game).

With that said I didn't feel cheated!! Which is major for me regarding this 2k. The CPU simply made better plays. There were a few plays that were questionable & a couple of looks I felt should have gone in for me but nothing game breaking. I'm thinking I just need to adjust. Plays run a lot faster on with these sliders & a ball handler like Wall will really try to break you down on offense. Actually, he literally broke down Conley on a play haha.

Tony Allen actually existed for me on the defensive end. Even got a couple fast break dunks & tip ins with him.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:40 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
Man, this was either a one game experience or a reality check haha I couldn't get my offense flowing at all outside of Zach Randolph. 1-18 from the 3 point line as a team & the CPU was dedicated to not letting me cut the lead down to anything past 3 without going on a run themselves (the 5 point lead I did have was first few minutes of the game).

With that said I didn't feel cheated!! Which is major for me regarding this 2k. The CPU simply made better plays. There were a few plays that were questionable & a couple of looks I felt should have gone in for me but nothing game breaking. I'm thinking I just need to adjust. Plays run a lot faster on with these sliders & a ball handler like Wall will really try to break you down on offense. Actually, he literally broke down Conley on a play haha.

Tony Allen actually existed for me on the defensive end. Even got a couple fast break dunks & tip ins with him.

LOL. My first few games with these sliders were tough shooting wise also. I was shooting like 38-41%. I been getting used to it and now shoot around 45-50% from the field more consistently. I'm still considering raising shot sliders but my biggest fear is the cpu going into can't miss mode and making the game cheesy. I'm trying to keep shot sliders the same for user and cpu. I love the challenge these sliders present. It makes me actually want to play the game. I don't feel cheated either.

Try using 42 instead of 41 for the shot successes. Let me know how that goes.

Last edited by Eggie25; 12-17-2016 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:00 PM   #61
MVP

Insight23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggie25
LOL. My first few games with these sliders were tough shooting wise also. I was shooting like 38-41%. I been getting used to it and now shoot close 45-50% from the field more consistently. I'm still considering raising shot sliders but my biggest fear is the cpu going into can't miss mode and making the game cheesy. I'm trying to keep shot sliders the same for user and cpu. I love the challenge these sliders present. It makes me actually want to play the game. I don't feel cheated either.

I definitely think you should keep the shooting sliders as is. At the most if it comes to it, 2 notches up. I like that most of the defenders are aware, don't see many plays where a defender is standing there doing nothing. Will run a couple more games & give some feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2016, 03:58 PM   #62
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
I definitely think you should keep the shooting sliders as is. At the most if it comes to it, 2 notches up. I like that most of the defenders are aware, don't see many plays where a defender is standing there doing nothing. Will run a couple more games & give some feedback.
OK. Thank you. Appreciate it. Can't wait to hear how other games go. This game mostly catered to offense, so I made sure defense got some love.

Last edited by Eggie25; 12-17-2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:50 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0

I played a few games with User Timing, but I wasn't feeling it. I'm not sure if it affects the CPU but I shot around 41% while the CPU shot around 38%. So I decided to stick with Real % (For Shooting Only) and these are the results. I did change a few things, however. I changed the Contest Shots to 95, including the On-Ball Defense and Defensive Consistency. I also increased the Offensive Consistency to 55. I sticked with 41 Inside, Close, Mid and 3pt for USER but I increased the CPU by 1 making it 42. Blocking for USER is 60 while the CPU is at 65 (might make it 70). Lastly, I increased layups to 46 for both.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3158.jpg (491.1 KB, 31 views)
Old 12-17-2016, 05:03 PM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by catambay10
I played a few games with User Timing, but I wasn't feeling it. I'm not sure if it affects the CPU but I shot around 41% while the CPU shot around 38%. So I decided to stick with Real % (For Shooting Only) and these are the results. I did change a few things, however. I changed the Contest Shots to 95, including the On-Ball Defense and Defensive Consistency. I also increased the Offensive Consistency to 55. I sticked with 41 Inside, Close, Mid and 3pt for USER but I increased the CPU by 1 making it 42. Blocking for USER is 60 while the CPU is at 65 (might make it 70). Lastly, I increased layups to 46 for both.
Nothing wrong with little tweaks. I agree that when using real % that Free-throws should still be user timing. It's all about getting it to whatever is best for you. I'm just here to provide the ground work for you guys. That was a close game. Did you enjoy it? I'm glad real % can be used.

Last edited by Eggie25; 12-17-2016 at 05:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »