Home

Eggie25's New and Improved User Timing HOF Sliders

This is a discussion on Eggie25's New and Improved User Timing HOF Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-19-2016, 08:07 PM   #89
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Eggie25's New and Improved User Timing HOF Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Checking out your sliders now. Couple questions:

1) What's the idea behind 100 on ball defense? What are you seeing when trying to drive the lane? IRL defenders always get blown by and beat off the dribble. Sometimes it's not even a dribble move, it's just a quick first step. It's not always easy to finish and score with defenders crowding the lane and protecting the rim. Also if the on ball defender does a half decent job they'll still be on their hip. In 2K, I find it hard enough as it is to dribble drive and really explode past a defender without getting stuck or seeing that weird bumping animation. That's at default 50. Maxed out at 100 sounds impossible for defense to play out like RL. I find 2K already has on ball defense OP as off ball defense is broken and bigs don't protect the rim like RL. I feel defense is backwards in 2K. On ball defense should really be toned down where as help defense + off ball defense + paint protection really needs to be improved upon. IMO.

2) What's the idea behind rebounding at 1 and 0? How does that play out? Just haven't seen that before. Looks interesting.

Thanks in advance. I'll definitely give these a go.
Well 2k's sliders are a little weird in the sense that if you change one, it can alter other areas of the game. The 100 doesn't mean they will lock you up. It just effects part of the defensive intelligence combined with defensive awareness and defensive consistency. I was about making the Defense a little better while allowing the offense to take advantage. You will notice a difference in the speed of players where if you have a guy who is fast and has decent handle, you can get to anywhere on the court if you truly know what you are doing and not throwing random dribble moves. The cpu will help you off ball with these sliders but not all of the time. See the court and be able to switch when needed. The rebounding sliders were actually something I figured out some time ago. With defensive at 0 they focus more on boxing out. With offensive at 1, it allows them to try and get around the defender and go for the ball. Either way, rebounding is now more about positioning and a little less about ratings though ratings and badges still play a major role. When you try the sliders, you will see that it's exactly what you see everyone else saying. Getting to the basket won't be a problem, just make sure your finishing releases and decision making around the hole are decent lol. Let me know about your experience.

Last edited by Eggie25; 12-19-2016 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:19 AM   #90
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Eggie25's New and Improved User Timing (Real % possible) HOF Sliders

downloaded your latest sliders ...... the game is much improved and fluid, thanks to the work Eggie

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2016, 07:26 AM   #91
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoli
downloaded your latest sliders ...... the game is much improved and fluid, thanks to the work Eggie

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
Thanks. I'm still trying to make them better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 08:19 AM   #92
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggie25
Thanks. I'm still trying to make them better
Eggie, I think Im going to start playing 11 minute quarters. Whilst playing 12, it is hard to get the stats I want, despite tweaking like a maniac lol. I just played a great game with a new version I am testing, and the score was awesome, winning 88-82 against the Grizzlies, but again, FGA were 99-102. Too many for my liking. Blocks were great, so were rebounds, despite being slightly higher. Lowering the minutes will hopefully be the solution. I would rather not, but for now its something Im willing to do until we find a better balance. I tweak something, and then something else decided to unbalance. Ah the slideritis has kicked in.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:21 AM   #93
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMADDEN
Game still plays great man! I'm feeling a little under the weather or else I'd say more. But I'm just happy with the overall experience. This is with the latest update by the way.

*This is the year 2020 in My League*

Boxscore looks VERY promising indeed. Are you playing 10 minute quarters? If you are playing 12, I will slightly be excited lol. Stats look too good to be true to be 12 min quarters
Old 12-20-2016, 09:29 AM   #94
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Genius. Lowering rebounds helped heaps with lower FGA. Well done Eggie. I played a game using your latest update and enjoyed it thoroughly well done man. Dont go changing too many things just for changes sake. They play well. Stats are looking OK. More testing needed though to make sure they play well long term for MyLeague
Old 12-20-2016, 10:17 AM   #95
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by creweutah
Genius. Lowering rebounds helped heaps with lower FGA. Well done Eggie. I played a game using your latest update and enjoyed it thoroughly well done man. Dont go changing too many things just for changes sake. They play well. Stats are looking OK. More testing needed though to make sure they play well long term for MyLeague
Thanks. It's a shame that I'm at work thinking about how I'm going to make the sliders better lol. They play well for sure but my heart knows I can do better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 11:13 AM   #96
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by creweutah
Boxscore looks VERY promising indeed. Are you playing 10 minute quarters? If you are playing 12, I will slightly be excited lol. Stats look too good to be true to be 12 min quarters

That was 12 min quarters my friend

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »