Home

How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-19-2023, 10:16 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

So the play-in has concluded and the playoffs are now underway! The Mavs disappointed for a second year in a row being eliminated by the Kings in play-in. Jason Kidd obviously isn't the man for the job, and was relinquished from his duties directly after.

The West is absolutely loaded. I can't even predict the winner if I wanted to.

In the West:
Grizzlies (1) vs Suns(8)
Lakers (2) vs Clippers(7)
Warriors (3) vs Portland (6)
Pelicans (4) vs Nuggets (5)

In the East, it's very top heavy it appears. Think the Sixers or Bucks are going to end up going all the way , although the Bucks bench is pretty suspect and Middleton is very inconsistent. The played pretty poorly down the stretch, but maybe in the playoffs they can turn it up a bit.

Sixers (1) vs Hornets (8)
Hawks (2) vs Bulls (7)
Knicks (3) vs Celtics (6)
Bucks (4) vs Cavs (5)

Some pretty good matchups in both conferences. Gonna update yall as I get more games in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2023, 03:55 PM   #106
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
[b]

George Shinn is now up to his neck in working to get the franchise together: What will the colors be? What will the name be? All of these to soon be final very soon. A little south , the Miami franchise will be named “Miami Heat”.
As someone who only really starting paying attention to the NBA in the mid 2000's it's easy to forget how much expansion happened. Feels like the teams that exist have always been here. Expansion must have been pretty exciting/entertaining when it was going on (though I guess we may get a Vegas and/or Seattle return in the next few years).

Bulls/Blazers 2073-74
When we last saw them the Blazers were in the process of dynamiting a successful team whose window had probably closed. They tank the year away and end with the 5th worst record at 30-52.

The Bulls had to shed talent for salary reasons but still have high hopes after reaching the ECF in 2073 and taking the Nets superteam to 6 games with a young roster. However the bracket is not kind to them. The East has a 'Big 4': Nets, Heat, Knicks, Bulls, and the Bulls end up having to play Miami in round1 and then the Knicks in round 2.

Miami suffers from injury issues and a disappointingly poor fit for newly arrived star Brad Willis who they'd grabbed from Portland's fire sale. After 5 games the Bulls advance to face the Knicks.

The Bulls had beaten the Knicks in 2073, and Yao Zheng is again a year older, but the young New York supporting cast has blossomed and the Knicks are humming. Yao may not be dropping 50/25 games anymore but he's still a top5 player. He goes to yet another ECF as Chicago falls 1-4, ending their season with an alarmingly low effort game 5 that seems to indicate a lack of intensity and mental toughness. Something needs to change in Chicago.

The Knicks go on to lose to the Nets in a hard fought 6 games. A strong Golden State team comes out of the West, led by superstar PF/C Denilson Viana, but Brooklyn is still heavily favored. That is until 2 of their stars go down with injuries early in the series! Golden State shows up at the right place at the right time to score a rare trophy for the Western Conference. It leaves Blazers fans wondering, if we'd just kept the band together one more year, could that have been us?

Some consolation was soon to arrive though. The Blazers win the draft lottery! From 5th to 1st! They take exciting swingman Steve Solomon Jr., a big athletic forward who they hope will turn into an all-around superstar. In free agency they wait for deals and pick up talented young C Walt Cook on a bargain contract.

Meanwhile in Chicago, coach Kalani Eriksson retires after a long 39 years on the bench, spread across several franchises. They had coached the Bulls the last 4 years and while considered a solid coach and a consummate pro, they didn't have that something extra to make them championship level. The Bulls hire Abe Byars, who plans to install a fast pace 7 seconds or less style.

2073-74
Chicago needed a change, and after a troubled 2-6 start they get it with a blockbuster trade. Allstar SF Billy Murphy and promising 4th year PG Greg Ford are going to the Timberwolves along with a 2074 first. In exchange they get back veteran PF Malik Rose and budding star 4th year SG James Johnston. From an overall value level the Bulls arguably lose, as Murphy is the best player in the exchange, but the team fit is much better, as Ford was wasted on the Bulls bench behind all-NBA PG Byrd, and Murphy was playing out of position at SG.

Whether it be fit, or simply a change of scenery, the trade ends up as a big win-win for both teams. The Bulls explode to a 67 win season and coach of the year honors for Abe Byars! In his 6th year SF Hayward makes a huge leap, averaging a near triple double of 20/9/10, while Byrd continues his all-nba level play.

In the playoffs they breeze their way to the ECF where who else would await them but the Nets. Tragically for Brooklyn, the injury gods are not on their side for a 2nd year in a row, with their MVP big man Eric Wingate going down with a collapsed lung in game 1. This doesn't mean an easy out though, as he's only 1 of the Nets 4 stars, and after 4 games the series is tied 2-2. Wingate's absence is felt on the boards and interior scoring though and the Bulls scrap their way to a 4-2 series victory, Byrd leading the way with 49 points in game 6.

In the West GSW defeated Billy Murphy's TWolves in the WCF and advance to the finals for the 2nd year in a row. But this time their eastern opponent is not injured and the Bulls easily take the series, ending a 10 year drought of finals appearances and championships! (this is a long time for a user team in 2k!) Nets fans complain that if not for injuries it would be them holding the trophy as well as a 4-peat, but that's part of the game, better luck next year.

The Blazers improve slightly to 34-48 (to my annoyance) and somehow get a playin spot but lose in a tight game to the Clippers, who should have been a high seed playoff team but former Blazer star RJ Curry is injured for the season. In the lottery they move from 9th to 2nd! Another lucky break, and they draft PF/C Pisike Szomory, a back to the basket big (an archetype which I think is kinda bad in live sim, but no other prospects really looked that good).

Last edited by aimlessgun; 10-20-2023 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-23-2023, 10:00 AM   #107
MVP

OVR: 3

PISTONS MAKE IT PAST CELTICS, LAKERS MEET THEM IN FINALS
JUNE 1988

The Celtics are going on vacation earlier than expected, Pistons are champs of the NBA Eastern Conference. A new change to the NBA Finals format, with the Lakers winning outwest

“It feels good to finally get over the hump, which is the Celtics. Kevin McHale told me to not to get to happy though, we still have the Lakers” Isiah Thomas said during the locker room celebration. Outwest, the Lakers are looking to go back to back. “The Pistons are fresh meat, they have some energy though. A lot of younger players that can play” said Magic Johnson.

Time will tell if there will be a new sherrif in town in the NBA…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1988081.jpg (183.8 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg image 1988111.jpg (169.5 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg image 1988102.jpg (173.7 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg image 1988087.jpg (151.3 KB, 120 views)
Old 10-23-2023, 06:54 PM   #108
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
Any opinions about progressive fatigue -- on or off?
Definitely on.

It added a whole new element to consider in my 03 Wizards season with Jordan. But it did so in a good tactical way.

It also factored into my regret over trading for Glenn Rice. He really can't give me more than 5 minutes of play time at once even though his stamina is a solid 85.
Old 10-23-2023, 08:48 PM   #109
Rookie

I'm thinking I may try something completely different in my next MyNBA project: a completely fictional NBA.

I'll delete all 30 teams, and replace them with 12 of the preset expansion teams. I'll probably take the Omaha Airmen for myself, and do a fantasy draft.

Has anyone tried anything like this? If so, what did you think?
Old 10-24-2023, 09:50 AM   #110
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPH2293
I'm thinking I may try something completely different in my next MyNBA project: a completely fictional NBA.

I'll delete all 30 teams, and replace them with 12 of the preset expansion teams. I'll probably take the Omaha Airmen for myself, and do a fantasy draft.

Has anyone tried anything like this? If so, what did you think?
Do it fam, if you want... thats your thing!

Dont worry bout ppl opinions on if you should do it, rock out and we will rock out with you. Only thing I say is make a dope storyline with your franchise!
Old 10-24-2023, 10:24 AM   #111
MVP

HORNETS AND HEAT, WELCOME TO THE NBA
JUNE 1988

The Charlotte Hornets and Miami Heat are here, now with a roster.

Teams leaguewide took the absolute last minute to submit in their players for protection, as many were told again and again. “This limit is exceeded for protection” as many teams wanted to keep as much players protected as possible. “Its really tough! You have some players that are looking to be moved that you personally want to keep and some that want to stay that you plan on dealing. Its tough decisions everywhere” said Jerry Krause of the Bulls.

The Pistons and Kelly Tripucka were in a standoff as Kelly felt that he had more to give to the Finalists. “I believe I can help this team to a championship. I’m an All Star still, I can assist Zeke and Dumars as their 3rd guy. We have lots of weapons”

Hornets spoke to a lot of teams early on before the draft, speaking to even some player agents on the prospect of them getting picked. “We want players that are excited for a new start. 23 teams with 12-13 players that can all play, can make anyone feel a way.” Said George Shinn of the Hornets. The Lakers told the Hornets that Kurt Rambis would not be available, just for him to be available for selection at the time of the draft, which made them move away from him. “Kurt Rambis had a sudden change of heart, but you have to be in it all the way for us to select you” said a Hornet rep.

Hornets selected Muggsy Bogues (Bullets) and Rene Joseph (Rockets) in the first two rounds. “These guys can both play, Muggsy on the defensive end and Rene on the front end”. The Heat already had in their mind of the draft pick that they want, as it is rumored Rony Seikaly out of Syracuse is their man. They are making a roster to surround him with veteran leadership. “Our aim is to get some fresh talent as well, go a bit younger so by the 90s, we can compete better” said the Heat coach.

Lets see what happens in the season..

Last edited by JAY_D1; 10-24-2023 at 01:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2023, 03:52 PM   #112
Pro

Jordan Era Bulls Update

Magic Johnson, has announced that he has HIV he will still be allowed to play, as announced by David Stern. Los Angeles Lakers have been having a stellar opening month of the season despite being hit with the tragic news. As for the Chicago Bulls, Championship hang over has seemingly become a real thing. Jordan the only one on the team really hitting his stride early averaging 33.8ppg. His 7-game streak of 30+ points has really kept the team afloat. However, one could also blame the early circus trip for the struggles as well.

Chicago Hasn't played a home game all month of November and their record shows with a 3-6 record heading into the final game of the month against the Kings. Portland, and Clyde Drexler really let into the Bulls in their last game however Jordan and Drexler exploded for 30+ Points each. Jordan with 34 and Drexler with 36.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »