Home

If You are a Off Line MyNBA Player Remove ALL Badges for Best Gameplay Results

This is a discussion on If You are a Off Line MyNBA Player Remove ALL Badges for Best Gameplay Results within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-23-2023, 06:54 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
If You are a Off Line MyNBA Player Remove ALL Badges for Best Gameplay Results

I have been playing 2k a VERY long time and have edited it for over 20 years and I have finally come to the realization this Year that Badges Ruin Gameplay.

Badges make too many Forced Plays, instead of the AI playing Read and React Basketball. 2k24 is without a doubt the best basketball on the Court I have seen WITH all Badges Removed since NBA 2K14.

I feel Badges were created for the MyPlayer and MyTeam Modes Players to give them something to work towards. Yes they Give Players Boosts but the Boosts make the Gameplay suffer.

I challenge you all to try it and let me know what you think. If you are an Old Head, you know Me and know I wouldn't post this without testing my theory many many times.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2023, 06:58 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: If You are a Off Line MyNBA Player Remove ALL Badges for Best Gameplay Results

I’ve done this for 22 and 23 and it certainly improves things. Better shot distribution. Greater frequency of taking open shot. Less running shot clock down and having to force bad shot.
I also turn off team chemistry which seems to reduce blow out games.
Old 09-23-2023, 07:01 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Re: If You are a Off Line MyNBA Player Remove ALL Badges for Best Gameplay Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
I’ve done this for 22 and 23 and it certainly improves things. Better shot distribution. Greater frequency of taking open shot. Less running shot clock down and having to force bad shot.
I also turn off team chemistry which seems to reduce blow out games.
I did it for 2k23, but I was on PS4, now that I am on PS5 I see a huge improvement in 2k24 on the Court. Not sure if it's the Jump to Current Gen or the Game itself improving this year.

Old 09-23-2023, 07:02 PM   #4
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

I've said this all along. There is no place for badges in the competitive sim scene in this game. That's why attributes are there, make them mean something.

If we're truly being honest, that's why 2k11 is STILL regarded as the best Sim experience in 2k history, because there wasn't any arcade nonsense, just straight up Sim ball.
Old 09-23-2023, 08:04 PM   #5
Rookie

m29a's Arena

No doubt, the more arcade elements you remove, the more grounded the game will play. I did this before and I liked what I saw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2023, 08:06 PM   #6
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I have been playing 2k a VERY long time and have edited it for over 20 years and I have finally come to the realization this Year that Badges Ruin Gameplay.

Badges make too many Forced Plays, instead of the AI playing Read and React Basketball. 2k24 is without a doubt the best basketball on the Court I have seen WITH all Badges Removed since NBA 2K14.

I feel Badges were created for the MyPlayer and MyTeam Modes Players to give them something to work towards. Yes they Give Players Boosts but the Boosts make the Gameplay suffer.

I challenge you all to try it and let me know what you think. If you are an Old Head, you know Me and know I wouldn't post this without testing my theory many many times.
Definitely thought about this as well!!
Old 09-23-2023, 08:09 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
Definitely thought about this as well!!
It is a Gamechanger.

Old 09-23-2023, 10:28 PM   #8
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

Sorry for the dumb question but how would I do this? Never tried it but would love to

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

U mad Bro!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »