Home

If You are a Off Line MyNBA Player Remove ALL Badges for Best Gameplay Results

This is a discussion on If You are a Off Line MyNBA Player Remove ALL Badges for Best Gameplay Results within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-02-2023, 07:22 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: If You are a Off Line MyNBA Player Remove ALL Badges for Best Gameplay Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
One of the beautiful things about 2k is that they have a global editor that allows you to mass edit whatever you want. We can take your approach and remove them team by team, or you can just mass edit and remove from the "All Players" tab. That way you remove the badges from free agents as well. I play with your roster for the Modern Era and I've removed badges for all the other Eras as well. This was a great idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Here is the thread for my Edited Roster & Sliders:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...r-nba2k24.html

You're GENIUS! I just used for now the rosters available for download. SUPERSTAR without adjusting any sliders except put it into 11 mins. Played 1 game and ITS A HUGE DIFFERENCE as compared with badges.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!! I will try your sliders and rosters. Again, you're a genius !!!!
Old 10-02-2023, 08:00 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: If You are a Off Line MyNBA Player Remove ALL Badges for Best Gameplay Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitTexas
You're GENIUS! I just used for now the rosters available for download. SUPERSTAR without adjusting any sliders except put it into 11 mins. Played 1 game and ITS A HUGE DIFFERENCE as compared with badges.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!! I will try your sliders and rosters. Again, you're a genius !!!!
Glad you are enjoying it.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 10-04-2023, 02:52 PM   #35
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

This sounds like it would cause rotation issues since badges are tied to overall ratings. Aren't guys going to be rated lower without badges, thus getting less minutes per game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2023, 03:28 PM   #36
Rookie

I can't seem to do this on other eras for some reason. Anyone have a roster from the LeBron era with no badges?
Old 10-04-2023, 06:19 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
This sounds like it would cause rotation issues since badges are tied to overall ratings. Aren't guys going to be rated lower without badges, thus getting less minutes per game?
I did a complete Ratings Overhaul on mine, after I removed the Badges. I also set all the Rotations and do 30 Team Control. I make everyone's Intangible Rating to 25, so if someone Downloada My Roster, they can easily manipulate the Overall Ratings to what they want to see.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 10-04-2023, 06:31 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Fwiw my take is that originally badges were a nice addition to add limited flavor but in the years since they were introduced the game has developed massive badge bloat.

We have multiple badges that should fall squarely under existing ratings. It annoys the hell out of me that in my Kobe era Wizards Jordan is my best 3 pt shooter because of badges even though his rating is 71 vs Hughes with an 80
Old 10-06-2023, 08:56 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
for 2K23 I built a generator that assigns badges based on attributes, so I can quickly run it every offseason and load the badge configurations back in after 2K wrecks them.
Whoa...can I get more details on how this process works?
Old 10-07-2023, 04:24 AM   #40
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimlessgun
Whoa...can I get more details on how this process works?
It’s PC-only, I’m afraid, as that’s the only platform where you can import/export a player’s attributes, tendencies, badges, etc. The import/export (and general roster-editing) tool for recent 2K games is called NBA2K Tools, and what my generator does is take 2K Tools-format Attribute export data for a player and convert it to 2K Tools-format Badge import data, which the user can then paste into the game via 2K Tools.

(Technically you don’t need the PC game or 2K Tools to use the generator, but it would be way more trouble than it’s worth. I was going to make a console-friendly version but I didn’t get around to it due to how late in the 2K23 cycle that I began working on that game’s generator.)

Below is a screenshot. If you click “Configure Badges” there is an additional interface with checkboxes for each badge, so you can check/uncheck badges based on if you want the generator to consider/ignore them. I created this so you can customize the badge generation process to exclude badges that you consider OP/unrealistic, as Celtic and others do in their rosters. See here for a screenshot of the 2K22 version (including a shot of the Configure Badges interface): https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=150

For a sense of the general badge generation philosophy, see my thread here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...any-share.html. It’s not exactly like that, particularly re: specific badges like Floor General, but it’s similar. The results I get with this strike my preferred balance of players being mortal (particularly outside of their key strengths) while still being capable of the sort of ridiculous arcade-y stuff they pull off here and there in real life.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0623.jpeg (126.7 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by vetmin; 10-07-2023 at 04:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »