Home

How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-04-2023, 10:31 AM   #81
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

For those that play most of their games or who otherwise have played a large number of games, what are you seeing on the injury front?

Its January 1st in my season and I've had 2 injuries -- both bruised hips that lasted 1-2 weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2023, 10:39 AM   #82
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
For those that play most of their games or who otherwise have played a large number of games, what are you seeing on the injury front?

Its January 1st in my season and I've had 2 injuries -- both bruised hips that lasted 1-2 weeks.
Injuries every damn game, so I had to update the settings on it.

MJ came down with a season ending injury in March in 1987, frustrating and the Bulls went and tanked lol Time to draft Olden Polynice lol
Old 10-04-2023, 10:42 AM   #83
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds

I would say I get a injury every 2 games, but rarely longer then a week. Weirdly nearly all of them are hip injuries.
Old 10-04-2023, 03:12 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
Injuries every damn game, so I had to update the settings on it.

MJ came down with a season ending injury in March in 1987, frustrating and the Bulls went and tanked lol Time to draft Olden Polynice lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
I would say I get a injury every 2 games, but rarely longer then a week. Weirdly nearly all of them are hip injuries.
Sounds like maybe I'm just getting lucky then. I didn't want to raise the injury slider and then it create a never ending parade of injuries
Old 10-06-2023, 09:30 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey all. Glad to see this thread going for yet another year

I'm still on my 2k23 save, now in the 2073 playoffs, so we've hit the 50 year mark. Longest I've ever gone in a franchise is 60 years, might exceed that in this save.

However I've been spending more time per year in the last couple decades, and getting more hands on interfering with CPU teams that aren't the 2 I manage (Blazers/Bulls). Particularly in trying to foster good opposition so that the league isn't overly dominated by the user teams, and it seems to be working.

One big thing is making sure good teams actually use their bird rights and RFA to keep their talent together above the luxury tax. My personal rule not to exceed the tax was intended to be a decent handicap but in practice the CPU teams usually avoided going deep into the tax themselves. Now there are more super teams that at least have very high total OVRs, even if the CPU doesn't necessarily understand fit. I've also been a bit more active in tweaking CPU team coaching settings and assigned plays if they are obviously terrible, though I always worry I may accidentally make them play worse since I'm not watching those teams play all the time like my user managed ones ><

Currently my Bulls are up 2-1 in the 2nd round against the New York Knicks, which in this timeline is a storied rivalry, as they have both been frequent contenders in the last 15 years and this will be their 10th playoff meeting in that span (the Knicks having won 6 of those meetings).

The Knicks are led by PF/C Yao Zheng, representing another way I've tried to make the league tougher, by occasionally inserting powerful custom players. I may have succeeded a bit too well with Yao, as he is probably the GOAT with 7 championships and absurd stats. However he is aging and this younger Bulls team feels like they've grown enough to overcome him this year (the Bulls did a tank year and started a rebuild 5 years ago). If they succeed, they'll play the winner of Heat/Nets, by OVR the 2 best teams in the league and both winners of a championship in the last couple years.

In the West an aging Blazers team seems to be the best of a weak conference. The East has won something like 14 or the last 15 Finals and even if the Blazers make it, I don't have much hope they'll be competitive against the eastern champs. Even though blowing up a finals team always seems a bit odd, that might be the route Portland takes in the 2073 offseason.

Last edited by aimlessgun; 10-06-2023 at 09:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2023, 09:55 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Just passed the trade deadline and it was a busy one.

First some standings as we enter February:

East
1. Raptors 31-14
2. 76ers 30-16
3. Hawks 28-18 (Theo Ratliff tore his ACL, surprised they are still near the top)
4. Bulls 27-18
5. Wizards 25-21
6. Pacers 24-22
7. Magic 24-23
8. Bucks 22-22
9. Nets 22-23
10. Pistons 21-23 (Big Ben has been out most of the year, and they are also without Rip for a few weeks)

West
1. Lakers 34-9
2. Spurs 28-17
3. Kings 27-19
4. Suns 27-20
5. Jazz 25-20
6. T'Wolves 24-21
7. Trail Blazers 22-22
8. Mavericks 22-22
9. Supersonics 21-22

I had two main issues coming to the trade deadline -- muddy frontcourt and a lack of bench scoring. Both Haywood and Thomas are unhappy and neither have done enough to solidify a starting spot. Haywood is better on defense but I get outrebounded too much with him at the 5 plus he is really struggling to finish around the hoop.
I made the following moves:

Nuggets: Sends Chris Anderson (C) to the Wizards
Wizards: Sends 03 2nd Round pick and Brian Cardinal (PF) to the Nuggets; and Jared Jeffries (SF) and Jahidi White (C) to the Rockets
Rockets: Sends Glenn Rice(SF) to the Wizards

Wizards: Sends Brendan Haywood (C), Juan Dixon (SG), and 05 2nd Round
Magic: Sends Andrew DeClerg (C) and 04 2nd Round

After those moves my lineup looks like:

PG Steve Francis/Rafer Alston
SG Larry Hughes/auto gen player
SF Michael Jordan/ Glenn Rice/ Byron Russell
PF Christian Laettner/Kwame Brown/Charles Oakley
C Etan Thomas/Chris Anderson/Andrew DeClerq

I did not want to give up Jeffries as he should turn into an elite wing defender, but if we want to make noise in the playoffs to give Jordan a proper send off we needed the bench scoring that Rice can give us. I've been scared to take Jordan off the floor because my offense when he and Francis rest is horrible. Etan Thomas should start to feel better because his starting role is basically guaranteed now.

For some other teams I took manual control and made some trades for them:
Spoiler

Winners of this deadline imo are the Wolves and Heat. Wolves added two 80+ starters to help out KG (and in the Kobe era 80+ is harder to come by). But will it be enough to get them over the top 3 teams in the West? Probably not. The Heat manage to move on from all 3 of their guys overpaid and over 30.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:50 AM   #87
MVP

CELTICS AND LAKERS AGAIN? WHEN WILL THIS END?
JUNE 1987

The Celtics and Lakers are going to the NBA Finals…FOR THE NINTH TIME.

“I know people are tired of this, they want something different” said Larry Bird in the locker room after they defeated Philadelphia. “We gave them something different last year, you didn’t appreciate the Rockets losing against us? “

The Lakers, on a tear after defeating the Rockets, are ready to foil any repeat discussion. “Larry needs to understand that there will be no discussion of repeating as champions, as long as WE are around” Magic Johnson stated after practice during media availability

Critics are wondering if the NBA could be looking at a solve into why the league has only a few teams that come to play in the conference finals every year. “ It gets quite annoying to see the same names and teams year in and year out” a supporter from the San Antonio Spurs stated.

“I like seeing my team compete in the playoffs , but sometimes it gets frustrating when you know you are going to see Lakers and Celtics by June. Wheres the competition?”

We will see in time.. who do you think comes on top this year?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1987031.jpg (157.7 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg image 1987029.jpg (147.3 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg image 1987023.jpg (142.7 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg image 1987026.jpg (121.0 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg image 1987033.jpg (188.9 KB, 156 views)
Old 10-12-2023, 02:26 PM   #88
MVP

ALL STAR ROSTERS CHANGE FOR NEXT YEAR, NETS WIN THE DRAFT
JUNE 1987

The Lakers finish off the Celtics, but they arent the only winners this summer.

The New Jersey Nets have won the #1 pick, and are looking.. to trade it. “We cannot get any better with another rookie on the squad” said the Nets GM. “We know where we want to be, we want to compete. We need to start looking at players that have NBA experience. Lots of Euroleaguers in this years draft, but we are moving in a different direction.”

The San Antonio Spurs are looking to do what the Houston Rockets have done, have two towers that can average 20 points at any time. “We are a playoff team, but that isn’t a good enough situation. We are consistently cleaning out our locker rooms by May. That cant happen.” Said Spurs Head Coach.

ALL STAR DRAFT?

The 1988 NBA All Star Game will be for the books as Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson have pushed for a draft a week before the NBA All Star Game begins. “We want to switch it up a bit, No more West versus Eas, we are doing teams.” Said Michael Jordan.

NBA owners are in love with this idea as it will be interesting for fans to see if their favorite players play with each other. “How fun would it be to see Magic Johnson, Akeem and MJ play together versus Bird, IT and Kareem?”

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1987034.jpg (122.0 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg image 1987032.jpg (168.3 KB, 127 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »