Home

How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-17-2023, 01:55 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenXCarson
Portland has absolutely stunned everyone as they are currently a 6 seed looking to face off against the Warriors.

Let's see how this shakes up..
Portland is such a dream 2k rebuild team right now haha. As a Portland fan I'm also seeing the fanbase dream of the play-in based on the potential talent of the roster, but I'm pretty sure in real life we have no chance. Also 2k treats Billups like a competent NBA coach and does not accurately model his true talent, which is that of a tank commander.
Old 10-17-2023, 03:40 PM   #98
Rookie

I wish 2K would make coaching stats widely available. I want to be able to see a coach's win loss record and maybe even break it out year over year and by team. Seeing how many years they've won coach of the year isn't enough.

I know this was available once upon a time because I would see stat overlays before games on what a coach's record was, but it's kind of lame how we can't see it whenever we want to. Feel like this was be an easy thing to implement.. or maybe it's in the game and I just don't know where to find it lol
Old 10-17-2023, 03:43 PM   #99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimlessgun
Portland is such a dream 2k rebuild team right now haha. As a Portland fan I'm also seeing the fanbase dream of the play-in based on the potential talent of the roster, but I'm pretty sure in real life we have no chance. Also 2k treats Billups like a competent NBA coach and does not accurately model his true talent, which is that of a tank commander.
Right, this is only a pipe dream in comparison to real life lol. But I like them from a roster construction standpoint. Scoot and Shaedon in the starting backcourt, and Thybulle, Grant, and Ayton in the front court. Good mix of offense and defense.

And then you have Brogdon and Simons off the bench. On paper, I see why their record is the way it is, but we both know this is the type of event you would only see in a videogame lol
Old 10-17-2023, 05:46 PM   #100
MVP

OVR: 3

*Some actual Research has gone into this when it comes to Charlotte Hornets franchise. A few events have been doctored for enjoyment

NEW ORLEANS LOSES BID,CHARLOTTE WINS FRANCHISE
MARCH 1987

In an amazing turn of events, the New Orleans new franchise that was set to start next year, did not meet the requirements for the NBA owners to finalize their bid to win the franchise. “It’s a shame, but you have cities that are willing to do the work and show that the NBA deserves to be in their market veruss other teams” stated David Stern

Enter George Shinn, who by most felt that it was a long shot to win a franchise for his city of Charlotte. “We have 10k season ticket holders ready to go!” he stated, which appeased Red Auerbach. David Stern was quite surprised as the bid from New Orleans failed to deliver the same amount in the time frame they gave. “Who knows? New Orleans may have a team one day, it could be next year”.

George Shinn is now up to his neck in working to get the franchise together: What will the colors be? What will the name be? All of these to soon be final very soon. A little south , the Miami franchise will be named “Miami Heat”.

NEW STARTS:

With the news of new teams, lots of players that are close to finishing their contracts overseas are looking to look at FIBA outs to become “draftable free agents”. With the new CBA, the NBA cut the draft to three rounds from seven and also has made the NBA go deep in their pockets with sending $2 million to FIBA for every five years.

This is to clear a pathway so that it makes it easier for players to have an “NBA Out” in their contracts. ”Being able to play in Miami is something I would be really interested in” says Moises McFadden, a former Kansas standout who plays in German Bundesliga Basketball League.
Old 10-18-2023, 09:22 PM   #101
Pro

OVR: 2

28-15 with the bulls in modern era. 3rd in the east. Still haven’t had one injury despite raising the slider to 60. Idk what it is but it makes me not want to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2023, 09:47 PM   #102
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown1-23
28-15 with the bulls in modern era. 3rd in the east. Still haven’t had one injury despite raising the slider to 60. Idk what it is but it makes me not want to play.
What about the durability slider? bring them boys all the way up and see how you do.
Old 10-18-2023, 09:58 PM   #103
MVP

NBA PLAYOFFS 1988: PISTONS ARE ALL FIRING!
MAY 1988

The Chicago Bulls felt that this was the year to go deep in the playoffs, well it was only time before they could reach the end.

“The Pistons have good players on their team, Isiah and company deserved to win. They have more of a complete team, we just have to look at our roster and make adjustments for next year” Michael Jordan stated after the Bulls were swept. The Chicago Bulls finished their first round series with the Philadelphia 76ers as the underdog overcoming the favorite, winning the series 3-2. “The Sixers were a tough, tough team. Very good challenge and a challenge that gave us a lot of hope in the future” stated Eddie Johnson, who finished with 15 points in the clinching game.

Over out west, the Lakers took down the upstart Jazz, but not without some late “Magic”. “The Jazz are a good team, they are coming up well and will be threats soon” said Magic Johnson as they cleared the Jazz in the first round. For the second round, they faced the Suns, where they are running into future stars. “Ryan Burns and Kevin Johnson can really play, but time will tell on what Phoenix does because they can both play their butts off” said the Lakers Coach.

MIAMI or CHARLOTTE?

Alan Varem from the Sixers was asked after the defeat from the Bulls on whats next for the team. “Well, as you know there are two new teams coming to the NBA, which would shake up things. Who knows who gets left off the roster so that they can be draft eligible? Some people may want a change of scenery”

Asked if he would be open to it, he added “It would be tough to leave Philly, but if the team decided it would be better for me to move elsewhere, it would be excited for a new adventure.” Rumors have been going on about Moses Malone of the Sixers and Kelly Tripucka of the Pistons ready to be apart of the Supplemental Draft.

Julius Erving has also expressed support for the new teams. “Being able to go to South Beach during the season for a game would be nice. Going to the beach right after you deal with the snow in Philadelphia will be a good change of scenery that will be much needed”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1988053.jpg (185.8 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg image 1988063.jpg (169.8 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg image 1988089.jpg (121.4 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg image 1988110.jpg (130.4 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg image 1988072.jpg (184.3 KB, 100 views)
Old 10-18-2023, 10:27 PM   #104
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenXCarson
Right, this is only a pipe dream in comparison to real life lol. But I like them from a roster construction standpoint. Scoot and Shaedon in the starting backcourt, and Thybulle, Grant, and Ayton in the front court. Good mix of offense and defense.

And then you have Brogdon and Simons off the bench. On paper, I see why their record is the way it is, but we both know this is the type of event you would only see in a videogame lol
Simons cooks me more than any other player. 2k loves him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »