Home

How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-16-2023, 01:28 PM   #89
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

The real NBA season has me ready to jump into my Modern Era. JB just finished his first draft class as well so the timing is perfect.

I'm starting with my Hawks. Doing 10 min quarters playing on Allstar. I edited Brogdens contract down to 5 million and force traded him to the Heat for a guy named Cain and a late 20s 1st. Miami has a consolation prize.

I also did a 3 way trade where I sent Capela to the Mavericks; Ben Simmons to the Hawks; and an expiring Richaun Holmes to the Nets with a 2nd rounder.

The Hawks have peaked with Capela. I want to see what Okongwu looks like as the full-time center. I'm intrigued with Simmons versatility on defense and how dynamic our offense can be for stretches with him at the 5 surrounded by Trae, Dejounte, Bogdan and Bey.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2023, 01:46 PM   #90
MVP

OVR: 3

NBC TO TAKE OVER NBA COVERAGE IN 1991
AUGUST 1987

The NBA completed a deal that would have the NBA broadcasted on NBC versus ABC starting in 1991. “We are looking forward to working with NBC on the coverage of the NBA. We are growing very quickly and want to make sure we partner with people that can give people the scoop on their favorite players” said NBA Commish David Stern. The contract goes until 2001-02 NBA Season.

BULLS MAKING MOVES, SO ARE THE PISTONS

The Chicago Bulls had a deal to acquire Dennis Rodman, but the Detroit Pistons were able to get the deal done. Charles Barkley and Dennis Rodman did not get along together, leading for the former rookie to a door out the city.

“It feels good to get a fresh opportunity within Detroit. The Sixers were great, but there can only be one king of rebounding in that city so its all Charles” stated Rodman.

The Bulls, looked to dump rookie Olden Polynice to the Phoenix Suns, but the deal fell through. Looking elsewhere, they acquired Bill Cartwright from Phoenix and also John Paxson from San Antonio.. “These are some older vets that can help take some of the burden of MJ.” Said Jerry Krause.

We will see how the 1987-88 goes with some of these moves being made. For now, here is a summary of some of the picks of the 1987 Draft:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1987041.jpg (139.0 KB, 127 views)
Old 10-16-2023, 02:43 PM   #91
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Any opinions about progressive fatigue -- on or off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2023, 09:54 AM   #92
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
I keep it on lol
Old 10-17-2023, 12:38 PM   #93
Rookie

Currently doing a Modern Era CPU vs CPU simulation. I like to control all the 30 NBA Teams and do CPU vs CPU matchups for the national TV games and just play as the coach/GM. I never watch entire games, just come in and out using Simcast during certain moments
Old 10-17-2023, 12:44 PM   #94
Rookie

The Grizzlies are insane during their first season though. Ranked top 3 in both offensive and defensive rating and Ja Morant is having an MVP season lol. They have 60+ wins with like 2 games remaining, and just fell 4 losses short of beating the 73-9 Warriors record. I don't think this Grizzlies team will win the championship though, they struggle against other great teams (Lakers who are the 2 seed and Sixers who are the 1 seed in the East).

Excited to see how these playoffs will play out. A lot of coaching decisions will be made based off these playoffs and the offseason is going to be lit. KAT and Gobert are absolutely hurting the Timberwolves (both have low morale and it has even spilled over to Anthony Edwards), Celtics are disappointing as the Jrue Holiday trade hasn't materialized at all (Looking like they'll be a play-in team) and Portland has absolutely stunned everyone as they are currently a 6 seed looking to face off against the Warriors.

Let's see how this shakes up..
Old 10-17-2023, 12:47 PM   #95
MVP

ALL STAR GAME: Jordan Team loses big
FEBRUARY 1988

MJ was a bit puzzled at the NBA All Stars eligible players. “The fans want a whole new generation it seems, hmm” he said as he was on TBS picking the team as he was a captain.

Missing were Larry Bird and Magic Johnson, in were newcomers like Reggie Miller and Jack Schultz. His first pick? “Let me take Karl Malone, bring some energy I haven’t played with before”. The other captain, Chris Mullin, made the smartest move and selected eventual MVP Dominique Wilkins. “Last Year, Dominique was unstoppable. I need that in my team”.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar, slated to retire at the end of the year, was selected as a reserve in Chris Mullins team. “I wanted to have Kareem in my starters, but Kareem told us both to allow someone else to start” he stated on the live coverage.

With their rosters set, Jordan was missing the support of Magic and Bird as he had expectations for a younger squad. “Horacio was selected because he can play, he has played overseas and this is his third All Star game so I know he can give me some energy”

The leading scorer for his team was Karl Malone with 16 points and 6 Rebs. Reggie Miller finished with a 3 pointer only, but grabbed seven boards. Michael Jordan, ahad a stinker in his expectations with 3 points and four assists. “I was really passive, Iwanted others to score”.

His team could of used him as they lost pretty big from buckets from Dominique Wilkins and even Chris Mullin himself. “Kareem played well, Dominique was unstoppable per usual and I hit some shots myself.. it was a good game overall for the team” Mullin said after the game.

David Stern, seeing another blowout in the All Star Game, says he needs a bigger sample size. “Lets see how next year draft is, we want the All Star Game back competitive”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1988007.jpg (152.7 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg image 1988008.jpg (127.8 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg image 1988012.jpg (124.3 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg image 1988040.jpg (156.3 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg image 1988024.jpg (194.1 KB, 91 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2023, 01:26 PM   #96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
I don't see any reason to turn it off. I feel it's more realistic and it's never caused me problems.

Blazers/Bulls 2073 Playoffs

We left off with the Bulls up 2-1 on the rival Knicks. The Bulls are led by two 27 year old allstars: Everett Byrd, a pudgy balding 6'2" PG who looks like someone's dad stole a uniform and walked onto the court, and Billy Murphy, a 6'8" SF with a trucker mustache. Both are offensive wizards but leave much to be desired on the defensive end. The Knicks are led by champion duo of PF Yao Zheng (arguable GOAT) and SG Alan Ewing. Once the rulers of the NBA, age has taken it's toll and their supporting cast is young and still developing. Bulls take a hard fought series 4-2.

Unfortunately for the Bulls, awaiting them in the ECF are the Nets. The Nets are a team which managed to stay terrible for many years while also hitting on picks, doing well in the lottery and building a stable of extremely talented players. They have four Rookie of the Year winners. FOUR!!! In 2072 the young Nets put the pieces together and won it all, sweeping the Bulls on the way.

Looking for a different outcome this year, the Bulls come out swinging and game 1 goes to double OT. Unfortunately the Bulls blow chances to win in both regulation and OT1, and end up losing 132-140. They bounce back and take the next 2 games, going up 2-1 in the series.

But the Nets have another gear, and they lean into what really makes their team great: defense. In the next 3 games the high powered Bulls offense, used to scoring 115-120 a game, is held to 91, 101, 99 points. Nets take the series 4-2 and advance to the finals.

Representing the West are the Blazers. Under long serving head coach Alvin Montgomery they have mostly been the masters of the conference for a decade, but this says more about the pathetic state of the West than the greatness of the Blazers, as they are 2-6 against the East under Monty, with 1 of those championships courtesy of Yao Zheng getting injured in game1. The Blazers are led by superstar scoring PG RJ Curry, still in his prime at 30, but their other two big pieces, do-it-all SG/SF Brad Willis and swingman Jevon Barnes, are in decline.

The young Nets prove too much for them and take the series in a competitive sweep Coach Monty's finals record falls to 2-7, which is both impressive (he made 9 finals!) and tragic at the same time.

2073 Offseason

Looking into the future, it seems the Nets will either stay this good or even improve further, while the Blazers can only decline. The decision is made to blow it up. Curry is their best asset, but for a trade that makes sense they need a team with a high draft pick that isn't in full on rebuild mode. Luckily the Clippers with the #3 pick already have 30 year old star C Pierre Micoud, and taking Curry makes more sense for their timeline than a rookie prospect.

34 year old Brad Willis still has something left in the tank as well, and goes to the Heat for 2 future 1sts and expiring salary. The Heat have been perennial contenders and 2070 champions but need more firepower to keep up with the Nets, and Willis, in theory, gives them a stacked starting 5 as they go all in on their remaining championship window.

As for the Bulls, they are at the stage of a rebuild where the rookie contracts are ending and hard decisions must be made to stay under the luxury tax. Their problems are compounded by Byrd's extension kicking in, where previously he'd been terribly underpaid on a contract signed before he broke out.

Two solid rotation pieces, C Guerrero and SF Harvey, are traded away for the 17th and 18th picks, which are then bundled with their own 28th pick for #9, which they use to draft what they hope will be a somewhat NBA ready SF Eriksson. 5th year SG Wright4 is signed to a fair long term deal and promising but underperforming 4th year SF Haywood takes the QO*. In the end the Bulls are paying the same money for less talent, and have to pray their young guys keep getting better.

*regarding Qualifying Offers. I never managed to completely fix the talent bloat in the 80's rating range as the draft class editing effort required would be too much. So there's still a bit too much talent for the available money, and this lets teams get away with paying guys the QO a lot, like a 5th year of a rookie contract almost (except you can't trade them). So a bit of a hack for me to stay under my luxury rule, but at the same time the excess of talent means every year the good CPU teams get a few mid-80s guys on cheap 1-year deals when nobody gives them a real contract by the end of FA. For example the Nets have 84 OVR center Carlton Dean on a goddamn minimum contract.

Last edited by aimlessgun; 10-17-2023 at 01:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »