Home

How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-29-2024, 02:44 PM   #297
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

NBA DRAFT 1996 – COULD THIS BE A CLASSIC?
JUNE 1996

The Chicago Bulls have won their fourth NBA Championship, beating the Seattle Supersonics in a stunning series.

“This is a tremendous win for the team, hopefully we can keep this team together.” Said Scottie Pippen. Michael Jordan, happy to be back known as NBA Champion, felt the same sentiment. “We have a great team here, love to see what we saw of everyone this year. The city of Chiago deserves this, but well done to the Seattle Sonics on a hard fought battle still” Jordan ended the interview with.

There have been rumors that the Chicago Bulls Owner Jerome Moor is currently looking at Robert Bush, as they have told him when the originally acquired him to be ready for a move. “Robert Bush is an amazing player,he is a definite all star player. Not sure he can reach it here if he stays” saiid a known Chicago sportscaster. Rumor has it that they move him to a team like Toronto or Golden St for an older player. “The NBA Draft is looking like a great place to find a quality player to trade for. There are some definite stars!” stated a Chicago Bulls fan.

Allen Iverson, Ray Allen and Antonis Papadopoulos are just a few of the players that are apart of this star studded Draft Class. “This year seems to be really deep on paper, this could turn into a draft class of NBA All Stars, First Teamers and MVPs” stated an NBA rep.
Old 05-02-2024, 10:42 PM   #298
MVP

1996 NBA Draft: Players to look out for
JULY 1996

The NBA Draft is a wrap! Here is a look at who to look out for when it comes to the next generation of players:

Donald Zachary, SAS: The #1 pick hailing from Auburn was a surprise selection as everyone believed that Allen Iverson was the #1 pick. “Allen Iverson has had a sketchy past, the Spurs are all about structure” stated a Sporting News writer. Donald Zachary exudes structure, and patience. The Spurs will need a lot of it dealing with him

Tommy Leonard, IND: The #3 pick is hailing from Arizona is looked to be a starting guard for the Pacers. With his youth, his speed and his IQ are what attracted the Pacers to selecting him.

Jaylen Hudson, PHX: He played a bit of overseas ball ,but he is looked to fit real well with the Suns. The Suns have back up on backup when it comes to whocan run the point though, hopefully he gets a chance later in the year as the 30th pick in the second round.

Allen Iverson, PHI: Think we already know whey he is on this list… no extra words needed

Ben Wallace, WAS: Slated to go in the second round, Ben Wallace is in a guaranteed spot to play in the NBA. He looks to be a shotblocker, and could be an All- Star in five years.
Old 05-03-2024, 06:16 PM   #299
MVP

WAY TOO EARLY DRAFT PREDICTIONS
SEPTEMBER 1996

People have been waiting on Tim Duncan to announce his way into the NBA, they will finally see it happen in June.

“The time has come to go to the next level, I will be fulfilling my college education request I told my parents” Duncan stated during an early interview for Sporting News. Excited is not even the words I have on how it will be when June comes.” Out in the Eruoleague, Dragan Tasic of CSKA Moscow has been discussed as an early Draft eligible player that will announce very soon. “Dragan can shoot the ball outside the paint, he is dangerous as well” said a Bulls executive.

Former High school standout Rasheed Nixon that currently plays in Bundesliga in Germany is also someone many are looking into. “We saw what he could do at Oak Hill, he played well in Liberty and he is tearing the Euro league well.

We will be seeing a nice change very soon, lets see what happens next wek on the next episode of NBA Action.
Old 05-06-2024, 06:27 AM   #300
Just started!

OVR: 0

How do yall score against superstar level CPU? I want to have fun with these Eras modes so badly but scoring is an absolute nightmare. If there’s any contest whatsoever it misses. Even from great players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
So the prospect of Dame going to the Raptors made me pause my modern day save, because if that happens I really need to switch to Toronto.

But since the game is so much fun I still want to play, so I started to look at other Eras closer. First I thought 90s, but the tendencies in the roster seems to be a bit off, because there was to much shooting in the 2 games I played to enjoy it. So I went a step back and started in the 80s and that is just lovely.

I wanted to start with the Nuggets again first, because Alex English is one of my favorite players ever. But then I thought that I spend so much time West last year, that I should look for a East team.

I had 2 contenders in the end: The Bullets, because playing an offense focussed on a player like Jeff Ruland is a funny thought for me. But then I thought about something else: I play the 2k series for so long now, but never played much with the Atlanta Hawks. And since they start the save with Nique in his second year, Doc as a rookie and Tree Rollins as a starting Center I was sold.

Here the gameplay really is different even with the default roster, because nobody can shoot anyway so that already feels more realistic. And controlling Nique is just so much fun, as is defending with Rollins off the ball for a possesion or two.

So that will be my team now. So far I only signed Mike Sanders out of Free Agency as my starting SG, because sadly Eddie Johnson isn't in the game and I don't like the random 2k faces in my starting 5 and I already have to live with Roundfield that way. First game against the Nets was a really fun affair with both teams playing a fast style of attack.

This is why this mode is so good.
Old 05-08-2024, 12:09 PM   #301
MVP

SHOWTIME LIGHTS TURNING LOW?
JANUARY 1997

Kobe Bryant came into the locker room happy, understanding that he will soon be the new leader of the Lakers

“This young pup did a great job today, very proud of him” said Magic Johnson after a win against the Timberwolves. Kobe led the Lakers with 25 points , five rebounds and an assist shy from a double double. “Kobe is a college freshman right now scoring 30 points on the TWolves with me and Magic next to him.. he is a star” said James Worthy.

Many have stated that this game was a breakout for the young Kobe as he has been kind of stifled with Magic Johnson and James Worthy have still been leading the Lakers. “Seniority is still prevalent here, but we still support the youngers. We have to lead by example” stated Magic. James Worthy, leading with 15.5 points per game, is also on the All Star Ballot. “Looking forward to still be apart of the All Star Weekend festivities, it will be great if I still get the chance to play this year”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2024, 08:29 AM   #302
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Question!

Do you goes customize rosters hot zones?
Each season because the CPU will randomize hotzone

For example: Tim Duncan has a inside hot zone but the following year it's a cold zone

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »