Home

How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-18-2023, 01:56 PM   #217
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

Been playing a Lebron Era Knicks MyNBA. Was always a fan growing up but that's when I got really into the NBA (2010-11) so it's been fun playing again with those players and those times!

I remade the Melo Trade at the TDL and ended up losing in the 2nd round to Miami via a sweep (teams unbeatable), and going into the offseason, I figured I'd be trying to add another superstar and right the wrongs of the Melo era. However, the game mode had a different idea...

I drafted Jimmy Butler 18th overall (finished as the 6th seed post Melo trade) and then when FA hit, made Melo an offer. He ended up spurning my offer and going to Houston instead. Instead of then pivoting and building around Amare and Billups, I decided to totally move off of them and reset. I dealt Amare to Sacramento for a first and Tyreke Evans, and Billups for Brandon Jennings and a 2nd. I then signed Novak (goat), Greg Oden, Wilson Chandler and Brandon Rush. Also traded for Taj Gibson. Pringles (D'antoni lol) retired and I hired Atkinson as HC

The team ended up as the 7th seed in a really fun season. Oden won DPOY, Jennings and Tyreke Evans were a solid duo. Jimmy got better as the season went on , but we floudered a bit towards the end of the year, and lost to Miami in a tough 6 game series.

I went into the 12-13 offseason thinking Either:
A: Do I let this team grow and see what it becomes with all this youth?
B: Do I try to go star chasing with a pretty much clear book ?

I decided B of course, as we're the Knicks. I traded Tyreke for 2 1sts, traded Oden, Wilson Chandler and the Kings first I got (they ended up horrible and got 7th overall) for Aldridge (Blazers ended up with 1st pick and took AD)

I then signed CP3 and Dwight in FA. Brought back Novak and Rush in FA. Right now, my team is as follows:

PG: CP3/Jennings
SG: Rush/Jennings
SF: Butler/Rush/Novak
PF: Aldridge/Novak/Battier
C: Howard/Aldridge

Currently just past the TDL, I am sitting 2nd overall to the Bulls (who ever year are flirting with 70 wins (67 and 69 in the first 2 seasons of this). I think this is the best mode and an all time start date. Bringing back nostalgically the reason I fell in love with NBA 2K back in the day.

Thanks for reading if you still are btw haha

Last edited by dbjets24; 12-18-2023 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-19-2023, 12:56 PM   #218
Rookie

Just got 2k24 and looking into starting an ERAs MyLeague Mode. Can anyone tell me how the draft classes work? For example, if I start an ERA with Kobe/Gasol Lakers, will the subsequent seasons have draft classes automatically (I.E. the 2011 draft class)? Or do I have to download it separately?
Old 12-19-2023, 01:32 PM   #219
MVP

OVR: 3

I created this story from reading an actual interview about how these came about... hope you enjoy

PHOENIX SUNS NEW UNIFORMS, NEW WAVE
JULY 1992

The Phoenix Suns do not want to be “chickenhearted”, well at least that is what Tom Ambrose is telling everyone.

“We have to get serious this year. We have gotten close before, but we really need to be a team of destiny. A team of fight, a team that will go for the jugular. We cannot be scared, and that starts with our new uniforms”. Originally slated to be unveiled before the season, the Phoenix Suns have decided to wait until the end of preseason to show off their new uniforms. Gone is the old school style western font on to what people are saying is the birth of the Sunburst!

Stay tuned for more information…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1991019.jpg (163.4 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg image 1991089.jpg (164.1 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg image 1991170.jpg (148.8 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg image 1986019.jpg (155.3 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg image 1987035.jpg (154.8 KB, 178 views)
Old 12-19-2023, 06:52 PM   #220
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

December 1, 2006 and the Wizards are tied with the Lebron-led Cavs for best record in the NBA at 18-4.

My team looks like:

PG Fantasy Me lol/Larry Hughes
SG Larry Hughes/JR Smith
SF Mike Miller/Kyle Korver
PF LaMarcus Aldridge/Ike Diogu
C Dwight Howard/Chris Anderson

To prolong my engagement I decided to create myself and incorporate that into my franchise, but I don't player lock or anything like that. I mirrored myPlayer after my real life version just upscaled for the NBA. 6'0" 82 ovr. Deadly from midrange and off the bounce, decent from 3, but not so great finishing at the rim. Good handles, good quickness, but needs to hit the weight room a bit.

Lakers, Bulls, and Grizz are my "teams to watch" right now.

Bulls -- They really suck. Last season they made a gamble and traded for Webber thinking they he was the missing piece. Only he opted not to resign (now on the 76ers) and Bulls sit at 1-18. About 12-15 games into the season they fired their head coach and hired some unproven first time coach named Michael Jordan. Jordan's job is even harder because they don't own their 1st round pick in next year's draft (the Durant drat). Who owns it?

Lakers -- Kobe's Lakers own the Bulls upcoming pick. I gotta check to see if it has any protections because the thought of a Kobe/Durant pairing scares the hell out of me.

Grizz -- They drafted Wade a few seasons ago but the Wade/Gasol pairing hasn't been enough against the Spurs and Gilbert-led Clippers. Wade has announced that he plans on entering free agency this offseason so the question around the league is what will they do at the deadline or offseason?

You read that right btw, the Gilbert Arenas Clippers are the defending champs. But Gilbert's sidekick Elton Brand plans on exploring his options this offseason so curious to see if they will be able to make a run for a repeat and what they do in the offseason.

Last situation to watch is T-Mac and the Magic. The Magic are just bad, think their record is like 5-14. Everyone knows that a trade is coming but who will win the T-Mac sweepstakes?
Old 12-19-2023, 07:35 PM   #221
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilmot
Just got 2k24 and looking into starting an ERAs MyLeague Mode. Can anyone tell me how the draft classes work? For example, if I start an ERA with Kobe/Gasol Lakers, will the subsequent seasons have draft classes automatically (I.E. the 2011 draft class)? Or do I have to download it separately?
At the end of each off-season, the game will ask you if you want to use the 2k made draft class for the next year, or give you the option to search for a user created one. The 2k created ones have lots of fake players in them, so you should download a user made one if that bothers you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2023, 10:20 AM   #222
MVP

OVR: 3

VOTERS BRING BACK BULLS, LOTS OF NEW STARS
FEBRUARY 1993

The Bulls are still on top of the NBA, now with them being well represented in the NBA All Star Game.

Michael Jordan was the Eastern Conference leader and captain, Scottie Pippen and BJ Armstrong was selected to be apart of the festivities. “This is amazing, three of us? Seemed like they needed to change their ways and bring some guys from Chicago. Amazing to see” Michael Jordan said jokingly. “Very appreciative that all of us are selected to be apart of the weekend, BJ getting a nod is a good look. It’s a testament to how hard we have been working” added Scottie Pippen. Jerome Moor, the new Chicago Bulls owner loves what he is seeing. “Chicagoi deserves its respect in the basketball world, and now you see how much respect we have in these spaces. BJ has had ana amazing upheaval this year and has become another hero on offense”

Also chosen this year are first timers Larry Johnson, Cliff Robinson, Shaquille O Neal and Miguel Jordan. “Miggy made it to the big leagues so its only right that he is on my team. Family right? “ Jordan laughed as he made his cousin the pick. “If you were so sure Mike, why didn’t I get selected earlier?” Miguel shot back at the question, wondering why it took longer than his first pick to select him to the team.

Dee Brown is selected to be a dark horse in the dunk contest, with his height being a factor and his spring. “He can really get up there, his rating his really high”said Shaquille O Neal. Christian Laettner, Billy Owens and Chester Phaler are other contestants. “Chester Phaler could be another guy to look into, he has got it as well” said Scottie Pippen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1993046.jpg (169.9 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg image 1993050.jpg (165.4 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg image 1993032.jpg (192.9 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg image 1993026.jpg (124.5 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg image 1993074.jpg (183.2 KB, 166 views)
Old 12-22-2023, 09:35 AM   #223
Rookie

Starting franchise with Grizzlies. How in the world do I call Vince Williams up? He’s on a 2 way
Old 12-23-2023, 01:39 AM   #224
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsdude
Starting franchise with Grizzlies. How in the world do I call Vince Williams up? He’s on a 2 way
I think the Grizz start with too many players to convert him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »