Home

How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-29-2023, 06:20 AM   #137
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuxx24
Started a franchise with the ATD rosters and running with the Spurs just wanted some thoughts from anybody who follow them or know them quite well.

Obvs with Wemby they have potential superstar on their hands but was going to try and get them into the play in this year is their any moves they can do to get a 2nd guy in? I know Vassell and Keldon will probs have to be move on to get it done who would be someone they could get realistically?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Realistically the Spurs would not do a move to already get a star player in, because it only makes sense for them to be more patient. So it's hard to recommend a move there.

I would look to build up a second option from the inside. Sochan for example is a player they love, that has huge potential. I would really look to make him the Robin to Wembys Batman.

Other then that for the first year only deals would make sense, where they take bad contracts with other assets I believe. Johnson and Vessel are still so young theirself, that moving them should not be a priority.
Old 10-30-2023, 10:43 AM   #138
MVP

OVR: 3

PISTONS FIRING, AGAIN
MAY 1989

The Detroit Pistons want to get back to the Finals, and are not paying around this Playoffs

Sweeping the Bulls, and taking care of the Hawks before that. “ We want another chance of a championship, nothing will stop us this time” said Isiah Thomas. “The Pistons are a complete team, I mean you can’t be mad to lose to a team like them.” Says Michael Jordan after the loss in Chicago.

The Celtics took care of the Indiana Pacers and the Bucks are looking to be taking a break themselves as well. “Looking like we will be seeing a Pistons v Celtics Eastern Conference Finals” says Jack Ramsey of ESPN.

Over at West, Top Takes Daily Hosts were just discussing the dominance of the Los Angeles Lakers, who currently have a 3-0 standing over the Suns. “What’s the point of being in the playoffs now? We know the Lakers are going to the Finals, maybe the Rockets”. The Rockets and Clippers are currently tied 2-2 in thjeir series. “The twin towers are going to take over.. Lakers and Rockets again”

We will see how things go down..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1989108.jpg (102.2 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg image 1989038.jpg (170.9 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg image 1989105.jpg (129.9 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg image 1989033.jpg (129.4 KB, 107 views)
Old 10-30-2023, 10:43 AM   #139
Rookie

Haven't made a post in a few days, but we had some spicy drama go on in the second and conference final rounds.

In the East, we saw:
The 76ers and Bucks put on an absolute masterpiece, as both teams fought to the end and stretched the series out to 7 games. The Bucks lack of a scoring punch off the bench ended up being their downfall to an otherwise successful season.

The Knicks and the Hawks squared off as well, with the Knicks winning that series in six. Jalen Brunson played out of his mind, as he singlehandedly willed his team to the win. Trae Young also played amazing, with OG Anonouby (who the Knicks acquired at the deadline) limiting Trae's three point attempts. He could never get a rhythm from deep going on, but the pick and roll allowed him plenty of paint points. Trae had a fantastic series, as he will use this defeat to continue to work on his game.

The ECF finals saw the Sixers absolutely beat down the Knicks in 5 games. The first two games at home were huge blowouts, and really set the tone for the series. The Knicks only win came at the hands of Jalen Brunson, who once again played fantastic. But Embiid made easy work out of Mitchell Robinson time and time again.

The Knicks are aggressively looking to trade Julius Randle for another star this offseason to pair with Brunson, as he absolutely crashed in burned when it mattered most. There aren't any superstars available in the present, but KAT is a name that has been in the rumor mill, and there will definitely be conversations had. A three team trade might be in the works.
Old 10-30-2023, 11:04 AM   #140
Rookie

In the West..

The Lakers and Warriors series was an absolute wash, as Lebron and AD made easy work of the Warriors. Steph played amazing as always, but Klay didn't do his part, costing his team to lose in 4 games. This might be Klay's final season in the Bay, as his contract is expiring, and the Warriors have a ton of holes that have been temporarily covered up by Curry's play. They might be working on a S&T deal that will help them truly get to where they want to be.

The Suns also beat the Pelicans in 6, as the midrange excellence of the Suns big three was evident. But let's not sleep on the Pelicans, they are an up and coming team. Zion wasn't even super aggressive, just giving what the offense gives him. Just wait until he decides to start playing with aggression and taking over games at will. This will show more as he continues to grow his game.

The WCF ended up being a classic, as the Lakers and Suns went down to 7 to win the series. That Game 7 was SPECIAL, as both teams fought to the very last possession. Book folded at the end though, as he missed two close range jumpers. AD and Lebron are playing their best basketball all season though, as they look super determined to win number 18.
Old 10-30-2023, 11:12 AM   #141
Rookie

So now we have the Finals.

Only game one has been played so far, and the Lakers ended up taking this one. Embiid vs Davis is obviously the matchup to watch, but both players played great to kick off the series. Harden struggled, and if the Sixers hope to win this one, they will need him to play at his best like he's been doing all postseason already.

My prediction is that the Lakers will win in 6, as I believe their defensive prowess is going to continue to be showcased in this series.

The most interesting thing about this simulation is how good the 76ers have been this season though. Their bench is amazing as Melton, Oubre, and Reed have been the main factors in their success. I wonder how far they could go in reality if Harden was happy and playing with the team.

This is going to be a fantastic series and I cannot wait to see who holds the Larry O' Brian trophy at the end of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2023, 09:18 AM   #142
Rookie

And just like that, the Lakers win it all in dominant fashion as they sweep the 76ers! Lebron and the Lakers shut up the "the bubble wasn't real" nonsense by going out and adding another championship to the tally for Number 18. Lebron walks away with another finals MVP, as his storied career just gets better and better.

The offseason saw a lot of action, as the Nets traded for KAT, Pacers traded for Zach Lavine, and Klay Thompson being traded to the Bulls. There are still some deals to be made that will come to fruition as the season plays out (Julius Randle, we're looking at you), but we'll see what happens. The Sixers also decided to run their roster back, so it'll be interesting to see if an aging Harden and Maxey's emergence can be enough to get the job done.
Old 10-31-2023, 09:20 AM   #143
Rookie

I need to absolutely fix my sliders though lol. I might need a CPU vs CPU slider set, because there's no way Lebron's finals stats were this crazy lol.

Dude averaged 33.5 PPG, 5.3 RPG, and 11 APG on 65/41/82 splits.

That's just unacceptable lol and I have the shooting sliders relatively low.
Old 10-31-2023, 10:13 AM   #144
MVP

OVR: 3

MINNESOTA AND ORLANDO NEXT!
JUNE 1989

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Orlando Magic are now the newest teams in the NBA as the Pistons are the newest champs of the NBA.

“This is an amazing time in the life of the NBA. I believe that with these now four new expansion teams, we will see a lot of new stars come about. Very excited to see what happens” said Commish David Stern. Players like Scott Skiles have been made available for the Expansion draft, looking for new starts.

“Players like Drazen Petrovic, Scott Skiles and more are looking to make moves elsewhere. Lerentee Rudd was one of the first players to sign up and is ready for a change in transition in their careers” says Ahmad Rashad, host of the upcoming show NBA Inside Stuff. Lots of people are looking at the players in the expansion draft pool to be breakout stars. “Muggsy Bogues broke out and became a star with the Charlotte Hornets, who will be the same with the other teams?”

Only one way to find out….
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1989111.jpg (178.9 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg image 1989116.jpg (180.6 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg image 1989110.jpg (145.3 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg image 1989033.jpg (129.4 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg image 1989070.jpg (128.7 KB, 87 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »