Home

How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-31-2023, 01:16 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenXCarson
I need to absolutely fix my sliders though lol. I might need a CPU vs CPU slider set, because there's no way Lebron's finals stats were this crazy lol.

Dude averaged 33.5 PPG, 5.3 RPG, and 11 APG on 65/41/82 splits.

That's just unacceptable lol and I have the shooting sliders relatively low.
Lebron has had some really good series and there's shooting variance. I didn't look very hard and I see in 2009 he had a series with 34 PPG on 56% FG and 48% 3PT. However Lebron is just a little older in this case haha.

In the end I try to balance sliders around overall team performance, if everyone is high it's sliders, if it's just one guy then maybe it's their attributes or tendencies. And sometimes the CPU just sucks defending what that guy does and their shot % is accurate but they're being given too many open looks (can try to address it with like defensive attribute sliders).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2023, 10:09 PM   #146
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Jason Kidd in the Kobe era a straight up menace on Defense with a very high offensive IQ
Wow his play style is a spitting image of how he plays IRL
Old 11-01-2023, 01:08 PM   #147
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimlessgun
Lebron has had some really good series and there's shooting variance. I didn't look very hard and I see in 2009 he had a series with 34 PPG on 56% FG and 48% 3PT. However Lebron is just a little older in this case haha.

In the end I try to balance sliders around overall team performance, if everyone is high it's sliders, if it's just one guy then maybe it's their attributes or tendencies. And sometimes the CPU just sucks defending what that guy does and their shot % is accurate but they're being given too many open looks (can try to address it with like defensive attribute sliders).
I hear that, (and partially a reason I didn't mind), but the dude is 39 years old putting out these type of numbers lol. The FG% is a career high for him! And the fact that his rebounds were so low tells me neither team was missing shots. I think I figured it out now by bumping up the defense sliders, but knowing 2K, they'll release an update that just completely changes everything.
Old 11-01-2023, 08:20 PM   #148
Pro

Scvllp's Arena

I’m simming a fantasy draft Magic/Bird Era. The Sixers ended up with three 1st round picks and they are now stacked.

And we have the Pace Show and the Hick in Salt Lake

Some other noteable players
Old 11-01-2023, 09:10 PM   #149
MVP

OVR: 3

1989 NBA DRAFT IS A WRAP, DR. J ON HIS WAY OUT?
JULY 1989

The Timberwolves and Magic have a roster, and also some draft picks. A lot of them will be traded for some more future, draft picks.

“We want to make a team in the future that can challenge for a championship. We want to challenge sooner than later” says Timberwolves GM. “Scott Skiles is our main guy, we are very excited to try our hand at working with him”. The Orlando Magic were dead set on also getting Scott Skiles, but the pick landed on Minnesota. “We are still trying to figure out a way to beef up our team, but we will figure it out.” Says the Magic GM.

DOCTORS OUT

Dr J and the Sixers agreed to a one year extension, but the Sixers have decided to move on. “Julius Erving has done tremendous for us, but we are focused now on the future with our guys. We believe he still has a lot to give to the league so we want to allow him an option to find a place to land.” Said the Sixers GM.

Julius Erving did not return calls for comment, but Charles Barkley was told he is “disappointed” with the decision.
Old 11-01-2023, 10:13 PM   #150
Pro

Bruh what is 2Ks love for centers? Every draft in modern day #1 projected pick is almost always a center. Sometimes the top 4 are all Cs
Old 11-02-2023, 10:49 AM   #151
MVP

OVR: 3

I was nervous to do the Player DNA thing but I finally did for MJ…didn’t realize how good it was! No more Converses!

The thing I realize is, with all these updates you can do, everything can be a story.

Use your imagination yall, that’s what MyNBA is about. The What Ifs.. what if Jordan signed with Converse? What if he signed with Nike later on in life? What story could you come with to explain?

Let your imagination run WILD, everything doesn’t have to be so REALISTIC. Realism and some fake.. it makes playing this game even better when some imagination gets included and some creative happens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1991049.jpg (149.2 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg image 1991142.jpg (162.8 KB, 98 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2023, 08:23 PM   #152
Pro

Ok I got a bulls franchise I’m gonna stick with. I got a generational prospect 6’7 SG Chuck Carrol. 80ovr 12 badges ceiling compared to MJ and floor of Donovan Mitchell. I traded Lavine and Derozan and Patrick Williams. Kept Lonzo and Vuc. Haven’t played a game yet but I can’t wait to see how this guy plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »