Home

How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

This is a discussion on How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-22-2023, 04:28 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How’s your franchise going? NBA 2K24 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
I hope you are giving my boy Micic some playtime?

The Thunder are definitely on the shortlist of teams for me to consider for a modern MyNBA. So many possibilities to build up on that talented roster.
I’ve actually been giving his minutes to Tre Mann. It’s strictly an age thing though, I prioritized getting the young guys minutes to develop them and get a clear idea of who I want around for the long haul.

I definitely recommend this team for anybody who loves a good rebuild. Between the star talent, young prospects and draft capital, there are a million ways you can go about it.
Old 09-22-2023, 09:15 PM   #50
Rookie

So I'm all over the place right now. Basically just experimenting with different MyNBAs to see what fits me best. I don't have the franchise mentioned in my last post.

I'll always play as the Celtics, regardless of what era I'm in. Looking at the 2000s/2010s because I want to play with Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. The latter has both of them immediately, but they are past their prime. The former only has Pierce initially, but if I sim a few years I can sign KG as a free agent and play with both of them at the height of their powers. So, I'll probably do something with one of those eras.

For what it's worth, 2009-2010 was my first full season as a fan. So in a sense, I joined this world right in between those two eras.

Also... did anyone notice the Magic are in the Atlantic division in the LeBron era? With no team taking their place in the Southeast for some reason.

Last edited by KPH2293; 09-22-2023 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-23-2023, 01:22 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPH2293
So I'm all over the place right now. Basically just experimenting with different MyNBAs to see what fits me best. I don't have the franchise mentioned in my last post.

I'll always play as the Celtics, regardless of what era I'm in. Looking at the 2000s/2010s because I want to play with Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. The latter has both of them immediately, but they are past their prime. The former only has Pierce initially, but if I sim a few years I can sign KG as a free agent and play with both of them at the height of their powers. So, I'll probably do something with one of those eras.

For what it's worth, 2009-2010 was my first full season as a fan. So in a sense, I joined this world right in between those two eras.

Also... did anyone notice the Magic are in the Atlantic division in the LeBron era? With no team taking their place in the Southeast for some reason.
That’s me with the bulls. I like modern era especially with pro play and the ticker and half time show. But I begged for Luol Deng to be added last year and he never was but he’s back this year and I’m having fun with him and Rose
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2023, 06:07 AM   #52
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

So the prospect of Dame going to the Raptors made me pause my modern day save, because if that happens I really need to switch to Toronto.

But since the game is so much fun I still want to play, so I started to look at other Eras closer. First I thought 90s, but the tendencies in the roster seems to be a bit off, because there was to much shooting in the 2 games I played to enjoy it. So I went a step back and started in the 80s and that is just lovely.

I wanted to start with the Nuggets again first, because Alex English is one of my favorite players ever. But then I thought that I spend so much time West last year, that I should look for a East team.

I had 2 contenders in the end: The Bullets, because playing an offense focussed on a player like Jeff Ruland is a funny thought for me. But then I thought about something else: I play the 2k series for so long now, but never played much with the Atlanta Hawks. And since they start the save with Nique in his second year, Doc as a rookie and Tree Rollins as a starting Center I was sold.

Here the gameplay really is different even with the default roster, because nobody can shoot anyway so that already feels more realistic. And controlling Nique is just so much fun, as is defending with Rollins off the ball for a possesion or two.

So that will be my team now. So far I only signed Mike Sanders out of Free Agency as my starting SG, because sadly Eddie Johnson isn't in the game and I don't like the random 2k faces in my starting 5 and I already have to live with Roundfield that way. First game against the Nets was a really fun affair with both teams playing a fast style of attack.

This is why this mode is so good.
Old 09-23-2023, 03:05 PM   #53
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

Man I don't know who to start with.
I did the Rockets last year, so I'm looking for a change. I have narrowed it down to OKC and the Blazers.

OKC because they have nice youth, a ransom of picks, and a bonified star in SGA. But I hate their uniforms.
Blazers, to start the post-Dame era, so there's a massive trade chip. But once the trade is made in real life, I will end up restarting it to match that trade. I feel the Blazers will be hosed on any Dame trade, which will kill my interest.

Can't make up my mind on this.
Old 09-23-2023, 04:31 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
I did the Rockets last year, so I'm looking for a change. I have narrowed it down to OKC and the Blazers.

OKC because they have nice youth, a ransom of picks, and a bonified star in SGA. But I hate their uniforms.
Blazers, to start the post-Dame era, so there's a massive trade chip. But once the trade is made in real life, I will end up restarting it to match that trade. I feel the Blazers will be hosed on any Dame trade, which will kill my interest.

The inevitable Dame trade will ruin your Blazers franchise, you should 100% use OKC. They’re such a fun team to use and there’s a million different ways you can go about the rebuilding process.
Old 09-23-2023, 10:01 PM   #55
Rookie

Today, I launched my new MyNBA.

*LeBron era, Celtics
*29 game season
*5 minute quarters
*3-3-5-5 playoff format
*Foul out limit is 4, with the penalty being 3 team fouls to account for shorter games

I kept the core of the team intact and somehow managed to trade for Blake Griffin (logged in as the Clippers to automatically remove him from the untouchables list, but that's all I had to do to make them consider my offers). I have Rondo, KG, Pierce, Allen, Perkins, and Shaq as the only real players I didn't deal away.

I became curious about Griffin after he signed with the Celtics in real life, what it would be like to play with him in his prime, so this gives me that opportunity. Plan is a big three of Rondo, Griffin, and someone else to be my big three of the future. It'll either be a guy I created using Kobe's rookie DNA or a real player who hasn't joined the league yet, like Kawhi perhaps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2023, 08:48 AM   #56
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully

Imagine they would be still in Seattle with that roster. Maybe this is the way: Relocating them before the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »