Home

NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-21-2017, 04:16 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

I like them so far! I feel CPU is still not good enough and somehow it's significantly easier to play against than standard Superstar despite only a few settings tweaked but I guess this is a bug within the game which I've noticed. The most noticeable part is CPU making decisions much slower once you interact with any setting, you can change Ball Security for User from 30 to 40 on Superstar which should not affect CPU at all but it will, it will make it dumber.

Question though, you mention that you use them on Superstar level - does it really matter? Once you move even one slider, the difficulty level ceases to be what you picked and becomes Custom. So in principle, whether you are starting your adjustments from Superstar or HoF does not really matter as you are creating difficulty level yourself.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:05 AM   #58
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarni
I like them so far! I feel CPU is still not good enough and somehow it's significantly easier to play against than standard Superstar despite only a few settings tweaked but I guess this is a bug within the game which I've noticed. The most noticeable part is CPU making decisions much slower once you interact with any setting, you can change Ball Security for User from 30 to 40 on Superstar which should not affect CPU at all but it will, it will make it dumber.

Question though, you mention that you use them on Superstar level - does it really matter? Once you move even one slider, the difficulty level ceases to be what you picked and becomes Custom. So in principle, whether you are starting your adjustments from Superstar or HoF does not really matter as you are creating difficulty level yourself.

Supposedly it does matter what difficulty you've chosen, but how much it matters is unknown.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:23 PM   #59
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat

Really? With my base set the CPU would rarely run the clock down on me. What changes did you make?
Just stuff that should have no effect, if anything, opposite effect (Lowering def awareness, upping off awareness, lowering pass accuracy, shot defense strength settings, etc.)

Upping the attack the basket slider seemed to help though. I'll keep seeing if this did the trick

Maybe it really is changing the sliders is affecting the difficulty setting? Which in turn makes the AI dumber and not take advantage of defensive holes?
Old 09-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #60
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

I apologize if this has been asked before, but have you seen any issues with help D? Specifically on a pick and roll with the center coming up to screen for the PG and the PF sliding over to help way too early in the play? I think it might just be an issue with how help defense works this year. It's great this year and has led to some really great and realistic gameplay, but I've been burned by my PF sliding WAY out of position before the offense has even begun their play. It leads to wide open looks from 3 which can be lethal if the other team has a competent stretch 4.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:46 PM   #61
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

SLIDER UPDATE!

I've posted part of my major update, focusing on movement, fouls, and rebounds!

I'm headed off to work but I needed to get SOMETHING posted before hand! The rest of the update should be coming tonight after I can tweak a few things after work.

Enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 01:57 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
SLIDER UPDATE!

I'm headed off to work but I needed to get SOMETHING posted before hand! The rest of the update should be coming tonight after I can tweak a few things after work.

Enjoy!
Cool. Will edit my sliders in game once the full set is posted.

I had an amazing set of sliders I used for 2k13/14ish that were held in high regard and I know how hard it can be to get them right. No time for that anymore personally. I just wanna play. lol. So thanks.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:26 PM   #63
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

Quote:
SLIDER UPDATE!

Enjoy!
I see that you went to the HOF level, that's what I was looking for and I'll give them a try ....... sorry for my english

Sent from my SM-A510F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-21-2017, 02:33 PM   #64
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
Just stuff that should have no effect, if anything, opposite effect (Lowering def awareness, upping off awareness, lowering pass accuracy, shot defense strength settings, etc.)

Upping the attack the basket slider seemed to help though. I'll keep seeing if this did the trick

Maybe it really is changing the sliders is affecting the difficulty setting? Which in turn makes the AI dumber and not take advantage of defensive holes?

Lowering defensive awareness won't hurt too much except for defenders knowing when a pick is coming before it happens and how quickly they respond to passes.

Raising offensive awareness actually makes the CPU offense run WORSE as they take a ton of contested shots and tend to force things on offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
I apologize if this has been asked before, but have you seen any issues with help D? Specifically on a pick and roll with the center coming up to screen for the PG and the PF sliding over to help way too early in the play? I think it might just be an issue with how help defense works this year. It's great this year and has led to some really great and realistic gameplay, but I've been burned by my PF sliding WAY out of position before the offense has even begun their play. It leads to wide open looks from 3 which can be lethal if the other team has a competent stretch 4.

Yup that's a legacy issue that supposedly had been fixed (according to 2Ks AI Blog last month) but apparently it was not. Only way to avoid this is to manually set your defensive settings so that off ball defenders play tight on the specific players they are leaving open.

But even that doesn't always work

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »