Home

NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-17-2017, 11:04 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
I'm the Rockets. IDK how we loss but SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Turnovers man,..... LOL
Old 09-18-2017, 02:59 AM   #34
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbmike
Opponent field goal needs to be raised somehow. As the Kings (currently 6-8 in mygm), I'm holding opponent teams to 42%, best in the league. I'm decent in the game but the common trend from what I've seen from people's screenshots is that the CPU doesn't shoot particularly well (or chooses bad shots).

I beat the Wizards in a game because John Wall shot horrible shot after horrible shot. I'm not saying that's impossible but it's happening.

Interestingly, my team is shooting 43% from the field on the season thus far, 29th in the league (2nd to last). That will get better as I'm starting to get my guys shots down, hopefully anyway.

The result is my team's total rebounds per game are FAR out in front - 64.6 a game. The 2nd best team in the league are the nuggets at 51.5. Willie Caulie Stein is getting 15 boards a game, Zach Randolph is getting close to 12-13.

The sliders are still enjoyable to play with and I don't mind the large variances, mostly because i'm not expecting to win it all with these guys in season 1 anyway. lol.

Note, I run plays on 80-90% of my possessions. Pace isn't breakneck fast but I do try and get out and push pace when possible.

I think most people are posting results in quick play. This is to give you an idea how how your base set is performing across a larger amount of games. Most games end in final scores with both teams around 100-110 points for me. A very few have ended in the high 90's. This seems to be on point, even with the low field goal percentages.

If FG and 3PT% can be slightly raised for both teams in such a way that it doesn't make scores start going over 120 PPG, that should bring the super high rebound totals in line and make them more realistic (would bumping to HoF accomplish this???)
Thanks for the in-depth feedback! Yea, the main issue I've been trying to fix all day is the CPU offensive tendencies. They need to take more time off the shot clock (on average) and take better shots so that the FG% goes up while the FG attempts go down.

Unfortunately, this is proving more difficult than in years past. But I'll get something figured out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
It may have something to do with the new player transition/fast break tendencies. It's what decides whether a player will pull up vs drive in transition. At least that's what I remember reading in the blog.

Exactly, and I'm hoping there's a way to fix this issue without hindering the half-court offensive tendencies. I don't want to completely deter the AI from taking mid-range shots, but it's hard to find a suitable alternative so far.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:41 AM   #35
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3
NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDB9
Turnovers man,..... LOL

LOL yeahhhh man SMH

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 06:40 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Thanks for the in-depth feedback! Yea, the main issue I've been trying to fix all day is the CPU offensive tendencies. They need to take more time off the shot clock (on average) and take better shots so that the FG% goes up while the FG attempts go down.

Unfortunately, this is proving more difficult than in years past. But I'll get something figured out!
Sounds like that would resolve the issue of the low FG% and high rebounds.

No worries. I'm still trucking along and will continue to post more feedback as I get more. We started at 1-5. Now 6-8. Hope I didn't get that good that quickly. lol.

Something to note, I don't see big men playing the post game or trying to work the post for a bucket often, if ever. That would undoubtedly slow the game down some and (potentially) improve FG% on teams with solid big men.

Last edited by mfbmike; 09-18-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:35 PM   #37
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Sorry about the delay on the update guys. I ran into a strange glitch last night when I was toying with the Game Speed slider. After playing a few games at higher settings (as high as 60 at one point), my game apparently got "stuck" at high game speed. I tried setting it to 50 but the gameplay just wouldn't slow back down. After closing the game, restarting the console, double-checking to make sure the setting was indeed at 50, and starting another game late last night, the game speed was STILL exaggeratedly fast. I gave up and went to sleep.

Here's hoping today that glitch is gone. If not, I'll have to continue testing on my Nintendo Switch (where the same settings and sliders give me the correct gameplay speed that my PS4 refuses to give) until I figure out what the problem is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbmike
Sounds like that would resolve the issue of the low FG% and high rebounds.

No worries. I'm still trucking along and will continue to post more feedback as I get more. We started at 1-5. Now 6-8. Hope I didn't get that good that quickly. lol.

Something to note, I don't see big men playing the post game or trying to work the post for a bucket often, if ever. That would undoubtedly slow the game down some and (potentially) improve FG% on teams with solid big men.
Yea I didn't mess with the offensive tendencies in my base sliders. When I dive into tendencies, I go pretty in depth. My current testing is focusing heavily on these tendencies and increasing the post game is near the top of my list!
Old 09-19-2017, 12:59 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Sorry about the delay on the update guys. I ran into a strange glitch last night when I was toying with the Game Speed slider. After playing a few games at higher settings (as high as 60 at one point), my game apparently got "stuck" at high game speed. I tried setting it to 50 but the gameplay just wouldn't slow back down. After closing the game, restarting the console, double-checking to make sure the setting was indeed at 50, and starting another game late last night, the game speed was STILL exaggeratedly fast. I gave up and went to sleep.

Here's hoping today that glitch is gone. If not, I'll have to continue testing on my Nintendo Switch (where the same settings and sliders give me the correct gameplay speed that my PS4 refuses to give) until I figure out what the problem is.

Yea I didn't mess with the offensive tendencies in my base sliders. When I dive into tendencies, I go pretty in depth. My current testing is focusing heavily on these tendencies and increasing the post game is near the top of my list!
Same issue here, if you increase the speed of the game, it's hard to return back at the defaul speed

It's unbelievable, but it is
Old 09-19-2017, 01:05 AM   #39
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny80
Same issue here, if you increase the speed of the game, it's hard to return back at the defaul speed

It's unbelievable, but it is
It's so strange. I copied my test sliders over to the Nintendo Switch and played at 50 Game Speed, and it felt like I was playing in quicksand. I hope I don't have to re-install 2k on my PS4 in order to fix this issue
Old 09-19-2017, 01:58 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

The key aren't the sliders .... the key are the player tendencies (in combination maybe with sliders). Some players have extremely high tendencies in some cases, so they won't do anything else.

If they have a 90 tendency from midrange and a 50 "drive to basket" they simply pull up a lot.

I change tendencies for all players (in front of every league game i take that team that is up in the schedule). I don't want any shoot tendency being higher than 60-65, no tendency should be lower than 30 (except for 3-pointers for guys that cannot shoot at all).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »