Home

NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-20-2017, 08:14 AM   #49
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Video looks great. Did you implement Tombas speed settings and game speed? Looks like the pace is accelerated. Could just be the video..

I like what Tomba has been doing with the speed / movement sliders.

Nope, using my own settings. I tried his out but the animations and movement were still too jittery and un-even (attacking the basket at one speed and then a Contact dunk/layup animation triggers and plays out at a much faster speed, things like that).

I have increased the game speed from my base slider set to 52 instead of 50, which gives just enough boost to certain animations without being unrealistic.

I've been testing all night because I REALLY wanted to get the update posted for you guys. But it's 7am now and I have to work tomorrow, so I'm gonna call it quits for the night.

Just know that the update is VERY close, I'm just fine tuning a few little things!
Old 09-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #50
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

The more I play with these sliders, the more I love them.... I still need that update LOL. The bucks had us 31-16 in the first quarter. I’m the Knicks and Melo is going off.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Are these of any use for My Player?

Thank you for your hard work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I'm actually working on getting the CPU to shoot BETTER in the upcoming update, because the defense is pretty stifling. For now, just set the CPU Layup/Jump Shot Defense Strength sliders to 55 instead of 50, that should help!
Thanks, I put it up to 53 and was still getting drilled, so hopefully upping it more will help. Maybe its the team im using also, its the Bulls, they play no D
Old 09-20-2017, 03:44 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freely11
Is anybody able to get the cpu to shoot below 50 percent from the field?
That's funny. I'd love a team to shoot closer to 50% against me and the lowly kings. I feel like these sliders may be getting too "easy' for me. .500 ball in our last 10 games. lol.

Seems like the key to victory is just shooting ~42-45% and don't turn hte ball over excessively (15+ TO per game)...not particularly difficult in most cases.

May have to bump up CPU shot success up a bit because of of right now, CPU percentages are in the dumps.

FWIW, just started a game vs GSW, they are 4/13 halfway through 1st quarter. Numerous open shots missed and overall mediocre shot selection on most attempts. I feel like CPU defense is where it needs to be in terms of the challenge but CPU offense is severely lacking.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:34 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbmike
FWIW, just started a game vs GSW, they are 4/13 halfway through 1st quarter. Numerous open shots missed and overall mediocre shot selection on most attempts. I feel like CPU defense is where it needs to be in terms of the challenge but CPU offense is severely lacking.
Well, that's what I get for talking smack, down by 11 after 3 (they are shooting 49% FG, 42% 3PT). We'll see how the remainder of this one plays out. LOL
Old 09-21-2017, 01:11 AM   #55
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0

Love these sliders, great work man. Ive just added a couple of my own personal tweaks. You might want to look into raising the cpu shot sliders a couple of ticks or lower the Def. jumpshot strength release and gather settings to try and raise the CPU's %. My defense has actually been too stifling

Any suggestions on how I can actually up the pace of the game anyone? I'm not getting enough possessions per game. The Cpu is consistently taking the shot clock down, I was thinking about raising their driving tendency?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 02:47 AM   #56
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyvean
Are these of any use for My Player?

Thank you for your hard work.
I doubt it unfortunately. Player lock (which I've never used) will likely need a whole set of tweaks from these sliders :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
Love these sliders, great work man. Ive just added a couple of my own personal tweaks. You might want to look into raising the cpu shot sliders a couple of ticks or lower the Def. jumpshot strength release and gather settings to try and raise the CPU's %. My defense has actually been too stifling

Any suggestions on how I can actually up the pace of the game anyone? I'm not getting enough possessions per game. The Cpu is consistently taking the shot clock down, I was thinking about raising their driving tendency?
Really? With my base set the CPU would rarely run the clock down on me. What changes did you make?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »