Home

NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-21-2017, 11:00 PM   #73
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
The switch to HOF really did the trick for me. I was GS playing against ATL. CPU tempo picked up and I had a higher scoring game as a result. I was also weary about putting Lat. quickness to 0 but it seemed pretty solid. What's the reasoning behind that?

I even managed 21 turnovers which was great. Double teams off and pick and rolls got Steph stripped a few times just like in real life. You all should really think about lowering pass acc. I have the CPU's at 20. You see too many perfect passes anywhere around default. I initially had mine at 30 but misplaced passes were getting unrealistic so I upped it to 38 now. Will try another game with it there, but things are looking really promising right now!
Lateral Quickness is at 0 because it essentially controls the feel of players on defense. At anything above 20, players just kind of feel "floaty" in movement and you kind of glide around with 0 weight. At 0 you can really feel the weight and foot-planting when moving around on defense, and it also makes you pay for guessing wrong or over-pursuing in one direction while on defense.

My current test settings for Pass Accuracy are USER 40, CPU 30. Might try lowering the CPU pass accuracy even more, but at 30 I saw CPU-controller CP3 drive to the rim and try to whip a pass to the opposite corner that was just off target and went out of bounds. I feel any lower and that would happen all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifeanyi18
Haha sorry actually hadn't used your sliders yet, was looking around for some was gonna give yours a shot, just happened to see that guy's comment and thought the same that the difficulty level maybe programmed into the level (HOF/SS) etc. and that changing it to custom may make it default to normal or something.

But in retrospect just played a game, against cpu with their offensive awareness at 100 and blew them out so yeah you're right def doesn't have a material affect.

I also played on default HOF though and blew them out. Both games were against warriors with me using bucks(without jabari at that), so guess I just got a lot better at the game lol. Don't think theres any difference in the AI from custom or HOF/SS.

Gonna give your sliders a shot in a bit.
Yea there's a lot more that goes into making the game difficult than just Awareness and difficulty setting. If it were that easy, I wouldn't need to make a slider set
Old 09-21-2017, 11:13 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1

With the sliders now put in correctly (lol), just finished a game vs. the Cavs.

I lost 102-113 as the Kings.

Shot 42% from the field compared to their 46%.

Without going into too much detail, the game felt "right". I got beat by double digits as I should have but Lebron and Thomas did work, both scored 30+. Aggressive in getting to the rim, fast breaks included. Lebron even tried to bring the house down on one, but failed. lol.

Still had 3 players in double digit rebounds. My frontcourt just eats up boards. Positions 1-3 get almost none.

I like the updated sliders!
Old 09-21-2017, 11:17 PM   #75
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbmike
With the sliders now put in correctly (lol), just finished a game vs. the Cavs.

I lost 102-113 as the Kings.

Shot 42% from the field compared to their 46%.

Without going into too much detail, the game felt "right". I got beat by double digits as I should have but Lebron and Thomas did work, both scored 30+. Aggressive in getting to the rim, fast breaks included. Lebron even tried to bring the house down on one, but failed. lol.

Still had 3 players in double digit rebounds. My frontcourt just eats up boards. Positions 1-3 get almost none.

I like the updated sliders!
That's what I like to hear! I'm not sure if I can do much more to affect the DISTRIBUTION of rebounds, I may only be able to control the balance between USER and CPU in that respect.

I'll keep trying though!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 11:35 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
That's what I like to hear! I'm not sure if I can do much more to affect the DISTRIBUTION of rebounds, I may only be able to control the balance between USER and CPU in that respect.

I'll keep trying though!
I wouldn't sweat that too much. WCS, Kanter and Skal Labissière see a ton of minutes for me. Koufos isn't in my long term plans, amongst other things.

Buddy Hield at the 2 is only 6'4 and Bogdanovich is only 6'6" and hardly all that athletic. My play style lends itself to my bigs gobbling up rebounds.

With that being said, field goal percentages appear to be in the right direction - as a team we only got 55 rebounds that game. Still good enough to be amongst the leagues best in the league but definitely lower than the ~70 I was seeing on a normal basis before when CPU teams were shooting around 40%.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:45 PM   #77
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbmike
I wouldn't sweat that too much. WCS, Kanter and Skal Labissière see a ton of minutes for me. Koufos isn't in my long term plans, amongst other things.

Buddy Hield at the 2 is only 6'4 and Bogdanovich is only 6'6" and hardly all that athletic. My play style lends itself to my bigs gobbling up rebounds.

With that being said, field goal percentages appear to be in the right direction - as a team we only got 55 rebounds that game. Still good enough to be amongst the leagues best in the league but definitely lower than the ~70 I was seeing on a normal basis before when CPU teams were shooting around 40%.
That number should come down in the next update, as the CPU should take fewer shots so there will be less rebounds to go around.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:29 AM   #78
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
That number should come down in the next update, as the CPU should take fewer shots so there will be less rebounds to go around.
Gs(me) vs. Pacers

This game is absolutely incredible. It really is. It's nice to see I can blow out the cpu playing as realistic as possible basketball. Everything felt nearly perfect, it was almost scary. They went cold early, the opposite of what ATL did to me the last game. This is even with cpu shooting sliders raised a few ticks.

Turnovers a bit low again. Need to keep an eye out for this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIN_20170922_00_26_31_Pro.jpg (181.2 KB, 175 views)
Old 09-22-2017, 02:22 AM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
Gs(me) vs. Pacers

This game is absolutely incredible. It really is. It's nice to see I can blow out the cpu playing as realistic as possible basketball. Everything felt nearly perfect, it was almost scary. They went cold early, the opposite of what ATL did to me the last game. This is even with cpu shooting sliders raised a few ticks.

Turnovers a bit low again. Need to keep an eye out for this.
In my life, i never see a real nba game with ten fouls per team, and less then 18 free throws per team

This is so far away from perfect

Last edited by penny80; 09-22-2017 at 06:04 AM.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:51 AM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
if the number of the fouls called was ok, then we have less number of shots, the problem is only there, always there

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »