Home

NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-22-2017, 02:01 PM   #89
Rookie

VincentGrier15's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

My photos were showing in the preview but I am not seeing them on my post. Can someone help with this?
Old 09-22-2017, 02:45 PM   #90
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by drustrk3
Hey Eccentric,

I agree- haven't had a chance to play the last day or so, but it's a combo of those 3 things. Not far off though. One thing that's good is after about 5 myleague games testing your base set, the pace was fine (maybe even a little slow) in my played games. My pace has been at about 97, and I think that's because I intentionally trying to slow the game down, to make the computer slow down. But yes, if the discrepancy between the amount of shots the cpu takes and takes can come down just a tad, then we'd be right on the button.

As of right now they avg. about 90 shots a game to my 80 and that's the difference in all the skewed reb stats etc.
Yup, just that slight over-shooting by the CPU is causing a TON of statistical issues. Once I get their decision making tuned in and increase turnovers and fouls, everything will be good to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny80
ok i hope you are right, but during all my test i can't get your result

To be fair, my results are from my current test sliders and not the BASE settings in the OP. The current base slider set will give realistic movement, on ball defense, and general player attribute improvements. But the tendencies and decision making haven't been shifted much from default sliders, so you won't see a lot of the improvements that I'm seeing.

This update is just taking a little longer to fine tune than I anticipated. I've been up past 5am the last couple nights working on it AND I have a full time job, so I'm doing the best I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentGrier15
**note, this is a fantasy draft** I am Bos playing against Cle

Here is a game I just played with OP settings. This is the first game up NBA I have played so maybe a little rusty. I am very patient on O, sometimes a little too patient and I end up taking some bad/forced shots. I missed some open shots, I think due to me not having my players releases down yet.(I don't use shot meter, or feedback) Overall I thought it played well, CPU had a hard time scoring as you can see, will try and play a few more games before making a judgement call on the sliders. Sorry about the one photo being sideways, not sure how to flip it??

I wouldn't worry too much about it. For one, some fantasy draft teams might have a bunch of players who don't gel together and have conflicting tendencies. Play a few more games against other teams and I'm sure things will improve!

Also, the settings in the OP are still just a BASE. Offensive tendencies and almost every aspect of team defense will see a HUGE improvement in my next update. Those are the two main points that control difficulty and CPU gameplay, and I know they're not at their best right now.

They will be much better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGG
When a game starts i set playcalling from my opponent to 100 this give a better realistic view

What do you mean "set playcalling to 100"? Is this a setting I haven't seen?!
Old 09-22-2017, 03:18 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Yup, just that slight over-shooting by the CPU is causing a TON of statistical issues. Once I get their decision making tuned in and increase turnovers and fouls, everything will be good to go!

To be fair, my results are from my current test sliders and not the BASE settings in the OP. The current base slider set will give realistic movement, on ball defense, and general player attribute improvements. But the tendencies and decision making haven't been shifted much from default sliders, so you won't see a lot of the improvements that I'm seeing.

This update is just taking a little longer to fine tune than I anticipated. I've been up past 5am the last couple nights working on it AND I have a full time job, so I'm doing the best I can

I wouldn't worry too much about it. For one, some fantasy draft teams might have a bunch of players who don't gel together and have conflicting tendencies. Play a few more games against other teams and I'm sure things will improve!

Also, the settings in the OP are still just a BASE. Offensive tendencies and almost every aspect of team defense will see a HUGE improvement in my next update. Those are the two main points that control difficulty and CPU gameplay, and I know they're not at their best right now.

They will be much better soon!

What do you mean "set playcalling to 100"? Is this a setting I haven't seen?!
Appreciate your work and passion, keep on it,i will wait happy

Maybe "set playcalling to 100" it means in the coach plan of the opponent team, there, you can choose to run 100% of the time a play instead of running freelance offence, this maybe slow the opponent action

I know i write so bad, my apologize guys
I hope it undestand, i have to improve my english
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 03:28 PM   #92
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Appreciate your work and passion, keep on it,i will wait happy

Maybe "set playcalling to 100" it means in the coach plan of the opponent team, there, you can choose to run 100% of the time a play instead of running freelance offence, this maybe slow the opponent action

I know i write so bad, my apologize guys
I hope it undestand, i have to improve my english

For some reason I thought they took that option out! Where do I go in the menu to change those settings? I'm at work so I can't check for myself.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:04 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
For some reason I thought they took that option out! Where do I go in the menu to change those settings? I'm at work so I can't check for myself.
The slider "run plays", i take this img from a research on smartphone, maybe it's not the 2k18, but is the same

Maybe it is in the roster settings, i am from smartphone but i remember the location

Last edited by penny80; 09-22-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:17 PM   #94
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
The slider "run plays", i take this img from a research on smartphone, maybe it's not the 2k18, but is the same

Maybe it is in the roster settings, i am from smartphone but i remember the location

Yea, I thought that's what you were referring to. My sliders a couple years ago relied on making edits to that setting. But when I went into roster creator I didn't see a "Run Plays" setting available this year.

Am I just blind??
Old 09-22-2017, 04:45 PM   #95
TGG
Rookie

OVR: 0

What do you mean "set playcalling to 100"? Is this a setting I haven't seen?![/quote]

The correct name is run plays, you can find it in gameplan-coach sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 04:58 PM   #96
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Yea, I thought that's what you were referring to. My sliders a couple years ago relied on making edits to that setting. But when I went into roster creator I didn't see a "Run Plays" setting available this year.

Am I just blind??
It's in the roster settings, just keep hitting RT/R2. I tried game speed at 47 it slowed the CPU down from taking quick shots but I might just go back to default 50 and set run plays for every team to 100.

Good set btw, I've been seeing more blocking fouls. Now if you can find a way to get point guards and shooting guards rebounds I'll be set, as of now no matter what team I play with my Center and PF are always double digits in rebounds while positions 1-3 barely get any.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »