Home

NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-25-2017, 01:33 AM   #129
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Ok, I just don't get it. The gameplay on my Nintendo Switch is PHENOMENAL. Player movement, animations, help defense, everything looks and plays great.

Then I throw those EXACT SAME SETTINGS, with the same Game Speed and original difficulty, into my PS4 copy of the game and it plays out completely differently. Everything moves much faster, I don't get the animations I get on the Switch (between the dribbler and on-ball defender), and even help defense plays out differently.

I'm kind of at a loss right now.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:20 AM   #130
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

BASE SLIDER SET UPDATE!

My defense and turnover update has finally been posted! Your AI teammates should be much more active in trying to force turnovers, and the CPU won't be QUITE so psychic when it comes to deflecting/stealing your passes. Also, perimeter defense and animations should be noticeably improved, with your AI teammates and the CPU defenders aggressively closing out on open shooters.

For any shooting issues, simply increase the necessary shot success slider(s) by 1 tick until you are getting the FG% you'd like from yourself and/or the CPU. Personally the default shot success sliders are working well for me, so I haven't had to tweak them yet. As far as CPU offensive tendencies, I'm still trying to get them tuned correctly. For this update, however, I did increase the "Look for Post Players" tendency which should add a little more variety to the CPU offense as well as giving a few possessions that really slow it down and use the shot clock.

As always, PLEASE leave any and all feedback. This is still a base set and has a ways to go before I'll truly be happy with it, but we're getting there!

Enjoy!
Old 09-25-2017, 06:30 AM   #131
Pro

lkasprzak's Arena

OVR: 10

Try 100 offensive awareness for CPU - should help with fg%

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L01 using Operation Sports mobile app

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 07:22 AM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey there Eccentric !

Nice to see u posting sliders for this version as well and thanks for sharing !

I agree with most of ur settings, you have done pretty nice job so far and ur last update is awesome. Those are my points so far (i've played like 30games) :

1. My main problem with 2k18 (and previous versions), is that the cpu is running the floor like crazy out of a defensive rebound. Its very rare to run a play. I dont know if thats has to do with sliders or some coach profile tweaking. In order to have good stats i have to play 11mins/q just because of that insane cpu run&gun kind of play..

2. The amount of rebounds are insanely huge.. My 1st point has a lot to do with this. Any other thoughts ?

2. For sure we need more turnovers and the ball going out of bounds out of a pass, so thumbs up for pass accuracy 40/20.

3. Im pretty sure we need to pump up a bit the 3pt success slider to 51 !!

4. Your Tendencies sliders seem pretty nice. We need the cpu to go for some on ball steals, mainly coz we need some more fouls to be called. (Reaching for example). I've pumped up to 100 Charging, Blocking and Loose Ball Fouls. I kept Shooting/Reaching both to 70.

I'll get back with some more updates after trying ur sliders a bit more !! Again thanks for sharing !
Old 09-25-2017, 07:23 AM   #133
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkasprzak
Try 100 offensive awareness for CPU - should help with fg%

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L01 using Operation Sports mobile app

I've been doing this for a while, friend. And 100 offensive awareness causes even more issues, gameplay is TERRIBLE with high OA.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:57 AM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey Eccentric great sliders man! What is the best way to fix the speed of fast players, certain players dont seem fast enough, other than that these are amazing!
Old 09-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #135
Rookie

eich6bc's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
BASE SLIDER SET UPDATE!

My defense and turnover update has finally been posted! Your AI teammates should be much more active in trying to force turnovers, and the CPU won't be QUITE so psychic when it comes to deflecting/stealing your passes. Also, perimeter defense and animations should be noticeably improved, with your AI teammates and the CPU defenders aggressively closing out on open shooters.

For any shooting issues, simply increase the necessary shot success slider(s) by 1 tick until you are getting the FG% you'd like from yourself and/or the CPU. Personally the default shot success sliders are working well for me, so I haven't had to tweak them yet. As far as CPU offensive tendencies, I'm still trying to get them tuned correctly. For this update, however, I did increase the "Look for Post Players" tendency which should add a little more variety to the CPU offense as well as giving a few possessions that really slow it down and use the shot clock.

As always, PLEASE leave any and all feedback. This is still a base set and has a ways to go before I'll truly be happy with it, but we're getting there!

Enjoy!

Ecc, your latest update on the OP is from the 21st?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 12:49 PM   #136
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eich6bc
Ecc, your latest update on the OP is from the 21st?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Nope, the 25th! It should be labeled as such

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »