Home

NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-17-2017, 02:51 PM   #25
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

I've been doing a LOT of experiments with my testing, which is why I haven't posted any updates yet. Testing out a lot of extremes to get a gauge for how much of an effect certain sliders have on gameplay.

I'm still hoping to get a BIG update posted today, just need a few things to fall together. Gotta take a break first for some lunch.

Glad you guys are enjoying the base set though!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 04:21 PM   #26
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3

Any seeing Loose ball, Illegal picks or Over the back with these sliders? Seems to be connected to rebounding but I can't figure it out. I wonder what triggers these fouls?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #27
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
Any seeing Loose ball, Illegal picks or Over the back with these sliders? Seems to be connected to rebounding but I can't figure it out. I wonder what triggers these fouls?!

I've been getting illegal picks and over the back fouls but not many loose ball fouls so far.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #28
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac

I've only played 2 games so far but I did get an illegal pick call on the cpu. KAT was called and he hit the floor after being knocked down by the guy he was trying to screen.

I see over the back calls though, at least 2-3 I've seen for both games. Mostly on me, but the cpu does avg 1 game so far.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:07 PM   #29
Rookie

DENCIO's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Awwwwww yea it's FINALLY here! NBA 2K18, and we're getting started EARLY this year.

My trademark BEAUTIFUL formatting of this post will have to wait. For now, I wanted to get this thread started quickly so we can give our gameplay impressions, find the stand-out problems right away, and get to work on the solutions.

So let's hear it: What do you love about the game? What do you hate? What issues are you seeing with the gameplay?

NOTE: Please, let's not have a repeat of last year where people gave my thread a 1-star rating before I even posted my sliders. Low ratings make me a saaaad panda.

UPDATE: My BASE slider set is ready to go! Take note that there has been very little (if ANY) fine-tuning or in depth changes. These are just the base settings that I'm going to build off of, so keep your expectations tempered a little!

Base Slider Set - Latest Update: September 15th

Fixed a typo for the Shooting Foul Frequency. Correct value - 73/68

Spoiler

My Current Focus Areas
Overall AI Offensive Tendencies

PLEASE post any and all CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, positive or negative, so that I know what people like about my slider set and what I need to improve on! Also, please post any and all personal findings and/or tweaks you've tried out! Try to point out what you are seeing too much of (ex. The AI attacks the basket too often), what you're not seeing enough of (ex. The AI does not go to the post often enough), etc. And also, it's just fun to see the results everyone is getting and to have a discussion on what can be improved/what should be left alone.

Here's a simple resource I made to help depict what exactly "realistic stats" should look like:
NBA Stats to Replicate with Sliders

Now that I've posted the base for my slider set, give it a try and rate my thread accordingly! And as always, PLEASE feel free to LIKE this post if this thread has helped you out in anyway (or if you just think I'm a cool guy). It is greatly appreciated.

Enjoy!
sir under what name in PSN? thank you
Old 09-17-2017, 08:44 PM   #30
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

NBA 2K18 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENCIO
sir under what name in PSN? thank you

I personally haven't uploaded them, I posted the settings and sliders in the OP that you quoted. I won't upload mine to 2K Share until they're more than just a "Base" slider set.

In the meantime, another user here uploaded them. Info is below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberOps
I uploaded your slider set for those that want to easily download it from 2k share for PS4, file name is Eccentric Edition until you upload one then i will remove the one i have uploaded offcourse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2017, 10:17 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Opponent field goal needs to be raised somehow. As the Kings (currently 6-8 in mygm), I'm holding opponent teams to 42%, best in the league. I'm decent in the game but the common trend from what I've seen from people's screenshots is that the CPU doesn't shoot particularly well (or chooses bad shots).

I beat the Wizards in a game because John Wall shot horrible shot after horrible shot. I'm not saying that's impossible but it's happening.

Interestingly, my team is shooting 43% from the field on the season thus far, 29th in the league (2nd to last). That will get better as I'm starting to get my guys shots down, hopefully anyway.

The result is my team's total rebounds per game are FAR out in front - 64.6 a game. The 2nd best team in the league are the nuggets at 51.5. Willie Caulie Stein is getting 15 boards a game, Zach Randolph is getting close to 12-13.

The sliders are still enjoyable to play with and I don't mind the large variances, mostly because i'm not expecting to win it all with these guys in season 1 anyway. lol.

Note, I run plays on 80-90% of my possessions. Pace isn't breakneck fast but I do try and get out and push pace when possible.

I think most people are posting results in quick play. This is to give you an idea how how your base set is performing across a larger amount of games. Most games end in final scores with both teams around 100-110 points for me. A very few have ended in the high 90's. This seems to be on point, even with the low field goal percentages.

If FG and 3PT% can be slightly raised for both teams in such a way that it doesn't make scores start going over 120 PPG, that should bring the super high rebound totals in line and make them more realistic (would bumping to HoF accomplish this???)

Last edited by mfbmike; 09-17-2017 at 10:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 10:55 PM   #32
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stack
In fast break situation, the CPU ALWAYS go for the hard mid range pull up instead of the easy lay up.

I reduced the mid range tendency, tweaked a bit the close/inside tendency, but still the same.

Why would they pull up at mid range when they're is no one defending lol.

It may have something to do with the new player transition/fast break tendencies. It's what decides whether a player will pull up vs drive in transition. At least that's what I remember reading in the blog.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »