Home

ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K17 AllStar Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K17 AllStar Simulation Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-10-2016, 11:54 AM   #65
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K17 AllStar Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarcinas
Just tried out your sliders and my first game was pretty nice. I shot 33% the first quarter but later started to make better decision on my shots. Just a couple concerns for me are. It sorta feels sluggish or slow for me when i run and i get good open looks and a lot of times i can't make the open look shot. Other than that sliders good bro!!
Stats look pretty good. Shot selection is hugely important, if you just force shots you're gonna have a bad time. But patience and smart shots are an easy way to victory. Only thing is steals look a bit high and so does PIP, but thats only a one game sample. Glad you are enjoying the sliders!

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 11:56 AM   #66
Rookie

DENCIO's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
User/CPU

Layup success: 40/35 (2K doesn't do a good job penalizing bad layups. Gathering off of the wrong foot and trying to finish with the wrong hand over the tall trees that are NBA. This is a tough tough thing to do)

Layup defense strength Takeoff: 70/70

Layup defense strength Release: 70/70

Help defense strength 100/100 (Since Help Defense is an important aspect of the NBA, i just went a head and maxed it out. This way guys seem to either rotate better or their presence is stronger. I can't tell with one lbs)

This layup that i see fall too often is the reason I stated that 2K doesn't have a good since of degree of difficulty on layups.

https://youtu.be/e-OcE92Hly0
What camera angle is this sir?
Old 10-10-2016, 12:45 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

On 2k share you have post shots for human at 50 and OP says 47. Which is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2016, 01:09 PM   #68
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Oops my bad. Should be 50, although shot tend nodes don't matter for hum unless you're playing off-ball player lock. I'll fix th OP now.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:05 PM   #69
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Hi ThatMichiganFan,

been using your sliders for my last two MyGM games. So far I like the style you wanna give to the game and I think All-Star is the maximum you can go to avoid some kind of cheesing (like super fast reaction times in SS and HOF).

Stats are fine so far. The only thing I noticed is the CPU shooting too good from the 3PT line, sometimes even a lot. In both games they shoot 39-40% with ease. I know these are still numbers in the NBA averages, but almost every open 3PT opportunity is a sure basket. Maybe 47 would do the trick for CPU 3PT%? I also put back durability to default, because after the base of injuries is "created" in the first games (I'm talking about a season, MyGM or MyLeague) then it settles to realistic numbers after a few. I really want to see the effects of wear and tear along the whole season.

I'm keeping pics of team stats after my games, I can post them next.

Thanks for your efforts and nice sliders. Looking forward to further evolutions.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #70
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
Hi ThatMichiganFan,

been using your sliders for my last two MyGM games. So far I like the style you wanna give to the game and I think All-Star is the maximum you can go to avoid some kind of cheesing (like super fast reaction times in SS and HOF).

Stats are fine so far. The only thing I noticed is the CPU shooting too good from the 3PT line, sometimes even a lot. In both games they shoot 39-40% with ease. I know these are still numbers in the NBA averages, but almost every open 3PT opportunity is a sure basket. Maybe 47 would do the trick for CPU 3PT%? I also put back durability to default, because after the base of injuries is "created" in the first games (I'm talking about a season, MyGM or MyLeague) then it settles to realistic numbers after a few. I really want to see the effects of wear and tear along the whole season.

I'm keeping pics of team stats after my games, I can post them next.

Thanks for your efforts and nice sliders. Looking forward to further evolutions.
Appreciate the love man, glad you are enjoying the sliders. The reason I have durability at 90 is because with it any lower, you will see waaaay too many in game injuries. You still see the occasional injury with it at 90, but its realistic and not overdone imo. It shouldn't affect sim stats in MyLeague, sliders have no effect when simming. Also, high 3pt % could be an issue if it persists, but it may regress to average after you play a few more games. Let me know what you are seeing.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:27 PM   #71
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarcinas
Just tried out your sliders and my first game was pretty nice. I shot 33% the first quarter but later started to make better decision on my shots. Just a couple concerns for me are. It sorta feels sluggish or slow for me when i run and i get good open looks and a lot of times i can't make the open look shot. Other than that sliders good bro!!
Yeah I feel like I'm getting more of that too. I feel more often like my players and ball handlers are stuck in the mud, or missing too many open looks, while CPU shooters get hot from 3 pretty quickly, even when they are not great shooters. I use the shot stick so that may be part of the issue, though I am getting good releases on these misses.

Still a little early with the revised set but I'm going to try bit some more and maybe make some edits. It's making me feel less in control of my fate in the game, and I'm getting stuck in animations with less control, while CPU defenders get have way too much ability to speed warp into place to defend, especially on the break.

That break speed is an issue in any slider set but it feels to me like the latest slider update may be feeding that.

Your mileage may vary! Thanks TMU for all the work you put into making these. I wonder if playing without real fg% requires adjustments to user shooting, given all the issues 2K has had so far with shots and shot meters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 01:46 PM   #72
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Yeah I feel like I'm getting more of that too. I feel more often like my players and ball handlers are stuck in the mud, or missing too many open looks, while CPU shooters get hot from 3 pretty quickly, even when they are not great shooters. I use the shot stick so that may be part of the issue, though I am getting good releases on these misses.

Still a little early with the revised set but I'm going to try bit some more and maybe make some edits. It's making me feel less in control of my fate in the game, and I'm getting stuck in animations with less control, while CPU defenders get have way too much ability to speed warp into place to defend, especially on the break.

That break speed is an issue in any slider set but it feels to me like the latest slider update may be feeding that.

Your mileage may vary! Thanks TMU for all the work you put into making these. I wonder if playing without real fg% requires adjustments to user shooting, given all the issues 2K has had so far with shots and shot meters.
Thanks for the feedback Lorenzo! If CPU players seem to get too hot too quickly, I will try to turn down CPU Off Consistency, maybe that will do the trick.

CPU warping/User break speed is a big problem, but I believe it is more of a 2K issue and not one that can be truly fixed via sliders, but I'll try my best to eliminate it as I can.

As for playing without real FG%, you may need some slight shot success tweaks but nothing too major.

Try these changes out:

User Speed: 53
CPU Lateral Quickness: 45
CPU Off Consistency: 30

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »