Home

ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K17 AllStar Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K17 AllStar Simulation Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-12-2016, 11:39 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ThatMichiganFan's NBA 2K17 AllStar Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
Well I personally don't think I'm that good but thanks Lorenzo. If you guys are having trouble slowing down the CPU offense, I recommend that you check out http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nity-wiki.html and http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nse-guide.html. Both of those threads can help your defense (and offense immensely)

Personally, I play on and off ball defense, but I usually only control one player each possession on defense. It just depends on who is on the court for me/my opponent, and how my opponent is performing. For example, most of the time I control either the PG or SG on defense, but if I am playing the Clippers and Blake is destroying me, I will control my PF on defense to try and shut him down. By only controlling one player, it makes my defensive adjustments I make much more important, as I need to make the proper adjustments for my D to perform well.

Despite the patch notes being pretty bare when it comes to gameplay, I suspect that there are a few under the hood changes that we will discover over the next few days. I've seen that shooting percentages are better, and also that the CPU aggressiveness has been tweaked, but as an Xbox One player, I won't be able to test until it drops on Xbox, which could be a while as shown previously. Keep me updated on what you guys think need tweaking with post-patch gameplay.

Thanks for all the great feedback guys! No way I could do all this without your help!!!

I agree controlling one person on defense per possession is better than trying to control all 5 players a possession by switching who had the ball. I was giving up way too much points trying to do it all myself . Just trust your teammates it helps .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
You would get way too high of a FG% on default All Star.
I actually played a half last night after the patch dropped on default all star.
I was shooting over 60% at the half and the CPU was shooting 55%.
I turned it off loaded in these sliders and the game played great.
Thanks for your reply, I will try it out tonight with sliders on !

Game is a bit better on default with the latest patch but it's just a minor improvement almost unnoticeable.

I want my game right before the NBA's season start
Old 10-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #91
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
I agree controlling one person on defense per possession is better than trying to control all 5 players a possession by switching who had the ball. I was giving up way too much points trying to do it all myself . Just trust your teammates it helps .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, it really emphasizes making smart gameplay decisions. Making an adjustment late and seeing the CPU follow through and make a key stop is a great feeling!

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 07:52 AM   #92
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

After winning two games two nights ago in my Royals franchise.
I came back to Earth last night and got beat two games but games were close but I could not hang in the end. Losing both in the final couple of minutes.
After playing 6 games with the latest patch....The only thing I think needs changed is CPU 3pters. It needs knocked down a notch or two.
One thing to keep in mind is I am running with an expansion team, so we are not real good in year one. After the expansion draft I made some trades and have a team full of very average veterans. Below is my line up.

Cincinnati Royals. (6-12)
PG Sean Livingston 11ppg 7apg
SG JR Smith 17ppg
C Rudy Gobert 13ppg 15rpg 3bpg (my best player without a doubt)
PF Al Jefferson 15ppg 8rpg
SF Wilson Chandler 10ppg
Bench
Kyle Korver 12ppg
Aaron Brooks 11ppg
Taj Gibson 7ppg
Channing Frye 6ppg
Tony Allen 8ppg (just traded for him before my last game)

Rudy Gobert has averaged 21ppg and 18rpg over my last 5 games.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:09 AM   #93
Rookie

I've been playing on-ball defense & switching at every pass controlling a 5 men defense forever, just can't keep it up anymore I feel the urgency to stay on one guy like quote above. Way more enjoyable & taking in count my adjustements.

Iso in 2K17 is deadly, you need to let the CPU work sometimes.

What do you think about defensive assist strength & boxout ?

How much should I put ? 0 in my opinion giving me no assistance like I'm not balance against the CPU but 100 is just way too cheat it and don't give me enough control.

jake44np

Does custom's team have their own playbook ?

Gobert is doing work
Old 10-14-2016, 08:37 AM   #94
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
After winning two games two nights ago in my Royals franchise.
I came back to Earth last night and got beat two games but games were close but I could not hang in the end. Losing both in the final couple of minutes.
After playing 6 games with the latest patch....The only thing I think needs changed is CPU 3pters. It needs knocked down a notch or two.
One thing to keep in mind is I am running with an expansion team, so we are not real good in year one. After the expansion draft I made some trades and have a team full of very average veterans. Below is my line up.

Cincinnati Royals. (6-12)
PG Sean Livingston 11ppg 7apg
SG JR Smith 17ppg
C Rudy Gobert 13ppg 15rpg 3bpg (my best player without a doubt)
PF Al Jefferson 15ppg 8rpg
SF Wilson Chandler 10ppg
Bench
Kyle Korver 12ppg
Aaron Brooks 11ppg
Taj Gibson 7ppg
Channing Frye 6ppg
Tony Allen 8ppg (just traded for him before my last game)

Rudy Gobert has averaged 21ppg and 18rpg over my last 5 games.
That roster isn't half bad for an expansion team. Just gotta add some young talent around Gobert.

Nice stats btw, can't wait for the Patch to drop on XB1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imotepe
I've been playing on-ball defense & switching at every pass controlling a 5 men defense forever, just can't keep it up anymore I feel the urgency to stay on one guy like quote above. Way more enjoyable & taking in count my adjustements.

Iso in 2K17 is deadly, you need to let the CPU work sometimes.

What do you think about defensive assist strength & boxout ?

How much should I put ? 0 in my opinion giving me no assistance like I'm not balance against the CPU but 100 is just way too cheat it and don't give me enough control.

jake44np

Does custom's team have their own playbook ?

Gobert is doing work
That is key, sometimes the CPU is gonna get theres and you just need to play damage control. For example, if Dame Lillard is destroying me (like he usually does), I sometimes put my defensive focus away from Lillard. Dame racks up the points, but not assists and if I can control the rest of the team, he can score all he wants to.

For Defensive Assist and Box-Out Assist, try both of them at 50. Should help you on defense enough, without taking too much control from you.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:47 AM   #95
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Per Beluba on Twitter:

Quote:
Fair Warning: Shot timing will become more difficult soon. It's too easy right now cause I had to compensate for the shot meter glitch.

When I undo my band-aid fix, you will see a noticeable drop in the frequency of green releases, so enjoy them while they last.

Sharpshooters will be just fine. But nobody should be averaging 80+% from 3PT range.

Pass speeds, moving screens and defense are being looked at as well. And yes, we know about the Relentless Finisher issue. Will fix asap.

It's not going to be as drastic as some of you think. I'm just prepping you all that the timing band-aid is going away after XB gets 1.04

Just addressing those who are saying that shooting is too easy and FG% are too high. I'm aware of it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 10:14 AM   #96
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
Per Beluba on Twitter:

This wont affect your sliders will it?
With them being real FG% it should not affect them.
Or am I totally wrong?

Oh I see, your are talking about the other fixes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »