Home

NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-18-2016, 08:19 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Thanks a Lot. I was playing two games with your setting dated on Sep 17. The stats of those are quietly satisfactory and the games were quietly tight although the difficulty was All-Star, I had played SS and HOF in 2K16 previously. My team, LAL defeated IND by 8 points and lost by 15points against OKC but it was quietly reasonable. The AI’s 3PT% was on about 30-40%. But the playing time was 10mins/quarter, I don’t know why I can only get realistic stats with that setting since 2K16, I guess my playing tempo is in a bit hurry. Anyhow I’m very satisfied your setting and the camera mode as well. I will attach screenshots after returning to my home for your information.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:59 PM   #34
Rookie

Where are the sliders? I don't see them posted on the 1st page
Old 09-18-2016, 09:18 PM   #35
Rookie

There's no slideryet but only a kind of game play setting in the main post which you can enjoy the game temporarrilly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 10:35 PM   #36
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramziock
I put the sliders how you mention but not get realistic amount of foul calls. The charging calls not exist for user. Blocking fouls for cpu is more frequently than user. Mike wang say om his blog not to barreling toward the basket because It’s almost guaranteed to be a charge, lost ball, or picked up dribble. I had one charge call in 8 games 12 min quarter.
Have y seen any offball foul calls(illegal screen, ...)?

Ive seen very few charges sadly, probably 3 total in 5 games played, and I only play full games, non of this 6 or 8 minute qtr crap,lol. Ive seen a few Over the back calls with my foul slider adjustments, and in those 5 games Ive seen one foul called on a pick. I did raise going fro steal tendency slider up to 55 for both me and CPU and see more reaches get called for fouls, so this helps with non shooting fouls. Non shooting fouls as a whole arent much better than they have ever been unfortunately. NBA2k always does a lot of htings right, but the few things they dont do right, are big issues sadly, that hurt the game in a big way every year.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-19-2016, 05:28 AM   #37
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

So what adjustments would you guys do for now, i am really enjoying the game as it is, really special. I think CPU's fg% is a bit too high, they should miss more IMO, as someone suggested, should we just copy last years's simulation sliders? What other things in the sliders would you guys move up or down?
Old 09-19-2016, 06:06 AM   #38
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat

The most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
Meat what does this slider control in your opinion?

I tried it out and when I lowered the CPU sensitivity I found it very hard to body them up and they went right past me.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:55 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Meat what does this slider control in your opinion?

I tried it out and when I lowered the CPU sensitivity I found it very hard to body them up and they went right past me.
I believe if you lower this for the Human you will have a much easier time getting around defenders and into the paint. I lowered this to 35 for Human and suddenly was able to drive much more effectively.

Be careful though - you can make it too easy to drive and find points in the paint too easy/to high.

I want to experiment with this value, Contact Shot Success, Drive and Inside Contact Shot Frequency, and the Layup Defense sliders to see if there is a good balance to still drive to the hoop (get around perimeter defenders with some work) but still defend the hoop and limit the field goal % for layups.

If you are having trouble staying in front of the CPU, keep this at 50 for the CPU.

What have others seen with this?
Old 09-19-2016, 08:02 PM   #40
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Remember last year I always referred to "player-interaction animations", where nearby defenders actually affected what animations would trigger for the ball-handler as he moved around the court? That's what the Body-Up Sensitivity slider controls.

I'm actually testing it out at 100 with Lateral Quickness set to 50/45 (USER/CPU) and it is playing quite well. I also have the Drive and Inside Contact Shot Frequency sliders at 100. Overall this has led to a lot less clipping and far more animations being triggered around the court.

Try it out!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »