Home

NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-17-2016, 12:20 PM   #17
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

If you showed me a video of this years game on default SS, told me it was 2k17. Then showed me a video of last years game, also on default SS, and asked me what year I thought it was from. Compared to 2k17 I'd probably guess 2k13 or 14. That's how much better this game is than last years. It's insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2016, 01:18 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

For casual 2K players (Not bashing casual gamers in any way), This may not seem like a huge leap forward from 2K16, but for the sim guys this game is a huge step up from 2K16. I've been playing on the old simulation default slider layout from 2k16, and the game plays almost perfect except for the CPU throwing bad passes into the lane and getting them stolen. That's due to the CPU not getting any cheesy boost and being held accountable for their mistakes.

I don't think this game will really need much tweaking. Also the difficulty is tied into the sliders this year. ACE is controlled by where the offensive awareness slider is set to i believe. Hall of fame is set to 60 and it gets lower each time you lower the set difficulty. I don't know the exact numbers but i think pro was on 40 for both OA and DA. This year is going to be crazy people.
Old 09-17-2016, 02:57 PM   #19
Rookie

Hauler24's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm playing on Superstar and I was just wondering how do you get the sliding of defensive players under control? I play on PC so I don't know if that matters at all. I'm asking here as I feel the sliders could help with defending more effectively and could lead to a more fluid feel. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:09 PM   #20
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauler24
I'm playing on Superstar and I was just wondering how do you get the sliding of defensive players under control? I play on PC so I don't know if that matters at all. I'm asking here as I feel the sliders could help with defending more effectively and could lead to a more fluid feel. Thanks in advance.

Sliding from defending as the USER, or are the CPU defenders sliding? If it's the user defense you're worried about, here's a quick fix:

Controller Settings
Defense Assist Strength - 50

You get MUCH better animations and limited sliding.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:56 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Sliding from defending as the USER, or are the CPU defenders sliding? If it's the user defense you're worried about, here's a quick fix:

Controller Settings
Defense Assist Strength - 50

You get MUCH better animations and limited sliding.
Yeah i have that maxed out at 100. Makes a huge difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 07:09 PM   #22
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
After a few hours of gameplay, I can safely say that this game plays BEAUTIFULLY out of the box. I'm going to be spending a lot of time figuring out what actually NEEDS to be tweaked.

Yes it does. Really the only sliders I have messed with is putting Over the Back, Loose Ball, and Charging up to 100 on all star setting, and I did bump Blocking up +10 , and had a realistic amount of fouls and FT attempts.

I know some are complaining about not having the sim slider setting like we have had the past few years, and I wasnt sure I liked it when I 1st saw what they did. But have to say I like seeing where the boost are actually at, whether its for me or the CPU. To me thats better than the boost being under the hood where we cant see them, which in turn starts the whole the CPU cheats and has a unfair advantage. Now you can see where the boost are coming from, and if you feel your getting cheated you can even things out on those higher levels. I am actually surprised at the boost the User gets on All Star, I guess to me you would think that difficulty would be even with no one getting boost, but even with the boost Im getting I still suck

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-17-2016, 11:06 PM   #23
Rookie

Do you all play 12 min quarters? I play mostly on player lock mode with the custom cpu/user slider set and reduced the game speed to 45 yet lowly rated teams are scoring way too many points per quarter. I play with GSW in myleague and currently have the best division record (sim'd to midseason). Yet BKN, the worst team in the league just dropped 40 points in Q1 on my home court. I tested to see if was the same thing ai v ai western all stars v 76ers-lowest ranked team (custom sliders). In Q1 76ers had a higher fg% than the west and scored 38+ points in the opening quarter of the game.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:02 AM   #24
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

do you guys know how to remove this annoying black arrow when bring the ball up court? nice sliders to, i'm still feeling them out but so far they play smooth, thank you for doing them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »