Home

NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-16-2016, 08:58 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
That's true.

Most of the out-of-box problems in previous 2K's do not exist this year:

Rebounding Issues
Lack of Foul Calls
Too many Steals
High Percentage Shots

Yea I agree. I've played 2 12 min games on HOF and one where I watched CPU vs CPU on HOF. Some things I also noticed:

Too many CPU passes to the paint that results in steals.
Too many pull up threes in transition by players that don't jack up threes like that.

Those were the only two things that stood out to me.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:53 AM   #10
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
Yea I agree. I've played 2 12 min games on HOF and one where I watched CPU vs CPU on HOF. Some things I also noticed:

Too many CPU passes to the paint that results in steals.
Too many pull up threes in transition by players that don't jack up threes like that.

Those were the only two things that stood out to me.
In general there are too many three pt shot attempts by CPU. But when you look at the NBA now, this is actually what is happening with most teams. They should limit the transition pull-up three attempts though. Transition corner threes are regular in the NBA but pull-up jumpshots from 3 p. range are rare. Only some guys do it regularly like Steph, Lowry and etc.

One thing to say in general about the game is the flow.

The game is fluid, it's flowing naturally. That's great, you can't adjust that with the sliders. Players' dribbling, movements are very realistic and smooth.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:07 PM   #11
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

I agree with everything you guys have said so far! Usually out of the box there are glaring issues (blocks, rebounds, fouls, AI tendencies) but those all seem to be playing great at the moment.

Played a game on All Star and another on Superstar, but that's not nearly enough time for me to come to a decision on what difficulty is best.

When I get off work in a few hours I'll get back to work. I look forward to your guys' findings as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #12
Just started!

So, I just opened the game for the first time, and I'm trying to figure out if the game has functionally just merged the difficulty level with the slider set, as opposed to setting the difficulty level to adjust general AI intelligence and then setting sliders to impact play style?

There's obviously still the option to set the difficulty in the regular options menu, so is this a merely cosmetic move?
Old 09-16-2016, 08:59 PM   #13
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

In another thread I read that Czar explained that this year is totally different. Instead of difficulty level determining how much of a boost the. AI gets ratings wise, it determines how many adjustments the AI makes within the ACE engine. So for example playing on Pro, the AI may make only 1 adjustment during a possession or what have you...whereas on HOF the ACE engine is used to the fullest by the AI. Personally it's a brilliant idea to have it that way. I.stead of "cheat code" where the AI receives boots and they won't miss anything or whatever...they make intelligent adjustments.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:44 PM   #14
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

How is everyone feeling about game speed? I set it to 48 and the game felt a little more grounded. Gonna give 49 a go but I really like 48!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2016, 12:26 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
How is everyone feeling about game speed? I set it to 48 and the game felt a little more grounded. Gonna give 49 a go but I really like 48!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've been playing on 45, but i think 48 feels good too. I've been switching between the two. 45 is where i'm at now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 11:20 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 5

I'm confused how do you upload sliders in 2Kshare? Thanks

PSN: BODYBAGCENTRAL
NBA 2K16: BEST ROSTER 2K17

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »