Home

NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-21-2016, 12:41 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat

The most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
What is this, exactly?
Old 09-21-2016, 06:07 AM   #50
Just started!

THEREALDL's Arena

Hi Meat,
Thanks for posting the base settings I used them last night and had some enjoyable games.
My problem (and has been for a few years of this game now) is that I find superstar frustrating and you feel sometimes the CPU is 'cheesing' contested shots, grabbing rebounds etc. I find All-star a little bit easy. I beat GSW comfortably last night with the Blazers using your base settings, although I did lose by 10 to ATL with LAC.

Can you suggest any slider changes I can make? I want to either, make All-star a little bit more challenging or make superstar feel like you aren't being 'cheesed' by the CPU.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:16 AM   #51
Rookie

Eccentric, may i know when are you going to upload the slider for 2k17?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 08:12 AM   #52
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEREALDL
Hi Meat,

Thanks for posting the base settings I used them last night and had some enjoyable games.

My problem (and has been for a few years of this game now) is that I find superstar frustrating and you feel sometimes the CPU is 'cheesing' contested shots, grabbing rebounds etc. I find All-star a little bit easy. I beat GSW comfortably last night with the Blazers using your base settings, although I did lose by 10 to ATL with LAC.

Can you suggest any slider changes I can make? I want to either, make All-star a little bit more challenging or make superstar feel like you aren't being 'cheesed' by the CPU.

I think there was a recent update to Superstar and Hall of Fame base sliders that should fix the "CPU cheesing contested shots" problems, but I haven't been able to test it out yet. I have the day off today so I'll get some good work put in here!

Basically what you'll want to do is set the game to Superstar or Hall of Fame and then lower the CPU slider boosts in the areas that you're seeing issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojayson
Eccentric, may i know when are you going to upload the slider for 2k17?

I'll post my sliders once I have more testing time put in and have something decent to share. Until then I'm not going to waste anyone's time with a half-baked slider set
Old 09-21-2016, 10:20 AM   #53
Rookie

Played 2 games last night with 0 durability for both me and CPU wear and tear still showed up by sometime in the 3rd but none of my players were injured CPU got injuries so it is still possible with durability on 0 but hoping this fixed the problem for me and will help others
Old 09-22-2016, 11:49 AM   #54
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Eccentric,

How are injuries looking for you in MyLeague at default. I found them to be brutal right out of the box.

Curious if you are seeing the same thing.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-22-2016, 12:11 PM   #55
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

I just noticed sliders don't carry over to myleague. It changes to default when changing the difficulty when first starting up myleague. That's a bit annoying as my brother and I like to mess around and create new files often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 12:36 PM   #56
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Eccentric,

How are injuries looking for you in MyLeague at default. I found them to be brutal right out of the box.

Curious if you are seeing the same thing.

Do you mean in-game injuries or simulated injuries? I haven't ran any season-simulation tests yet, but the in-game injuries are pretty brutal. Seems like almost every game a player goes down in the 4th :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
I just noticed sliders don't carry over to myleague. It changes to default when changing the difficulty when first starting up myleague. That's a bit annoying as my brother and I like to mess around and create new files often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, that part is a little annoying. You should just be able to load sliders from within MyLEAGUE, but it would be nice if they carried over automatically (one of the downfalls of tying sliders directly to difficulty, unfortunately).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »