Home

NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-24-2016, 04:53 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
These are two of the most intriguing sliders in this years game, and I have a feeling that us slider gurus won't come to a consensus on these for a while.

Personally I've left Ball Security at 0 since day 1, and here's my thinking on it: For the User, it makes us play smart on offense and stops us from just barreling into traffic with iso moves praying for a foul. It also gets rid of all of the "I tried to block/steal the ball and it wound up going through my defender's hand instead of reacting" complaints.

Body-Up sensitivity is a little more interesting. I set it to 100 for a few games and had interesting results, and then set it to 0 for even more interesting results. I think somewhere close to 0 is where I will leave it this year, as that lets me leave On-Ball Defense high enough to remove the over-abundant ankle-break moments that you see with it set under 40-45.

What are your thoughts on these two sliders?
If you leave the body up and on ball defense to 0 you get a pretty realistic representation of driving to the basket. No way Brandon Jennings was able to guard john wall without fouling. Everytime i got the slightest step on him i was able to get to the rim. I have some great examples of this with john wall taking Bayless to the cup (52 onball D IQ)

This one is probably the best example i can show you. Notice how the cpu was very close to me but didn't warp into place.

Clean drive here. He reached but it didn't matter. I've froze him in that same game and blew past him. Again his on ball d sucks.

Same here. Nice clean non warping drive

Got him with the crossover and got right to the rim.

These are the best highlights from that game. Most times the help rotated and forced some lower percentage shots.

I wasn't breaking ankles except for once that game. I'm using shady mikes beta set until yours comes out. I think defensive consistency and awareness has something to do with the crazy amount of ankle breakers. He has his at 100. So i think that's why guys weren't stumbling all over the floor for 48 minutes.

Last edited by Dione2014; 09-24-2016 at 05:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 05:57 AM   #66
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
Hmmmm, interesting thoughts. I was not sure which way I was going to lean at first, and I have tried a ton of combinations, but right now I have 60/60 ball security and 30/30 body-up sensitivity.

Here's my thing, I do like that the ball is more tangible this year, but I felt that it was too easy to get knocked away, even using an elite ball handler. Too often I would just loose control on an easy play and lead to a cheap turnover. With it at 60, I feel the ball is still live and can be poked out with a well timed steal, but it isn't just a loose ball constantly. Also, I've seen several average to below average ball handlers still dribble off legs and stuff in the paint.

I was going to have body-up sensitivity at 0, but when I did that, I looked at the replays and there was a TON of clipping during collisions. So I raised it to 30 and it eliminated almost all of the collision clipping.

Still plenty of testing to do, curious to see what more testing reveals!

Very good points. I have Body-Up sensitivity at 35 for now and the results are pretty good. Ball Security I'll definitely test at higher values as the ball is a little TOO live with it at 0.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:53 PM   #67
Rookie

You made me love 2K16 with your sliders, can't wait to try 2K17's one !

I played so many games on All-star before trying any sliders out there, there's so many great things this year on [original sliders] the game is way smooth & realistic but man I've never been that out rebound in my life on the offense event & too many putbacks and and-one...

Keep it up !

ps: how can you rate a topic ?
Old 09-24-2016, 05:07 PM   #68
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imotepe
You made me love 2K16 with your sliders, can't wait to try 2K17's one !

I played so many games on All-star before trying any sliders out there, there's so many great things this year on [original sliders] the game is way smooth & realistic but man I've never been that out rebound in my life on the offense event & too many putbacks and and-one...

Keep it up !

ps: how can you rate a topic ?

Thanks man, glad to hear it!

To rate a thread there should be an option near the top right of the page (doesn't work within the Tapatalk app). Apparently someone already gave my thread a 1-star rating
Old 09-24-2016, 05:45 PM   #69
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Sorry if this was already asked, but are we supposed to use your 2K16 sliders or you're still testing new ones for 2K17?
Old 09-24-2016, 05:52 PM   #70
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Sorry if this was already asked, but are we supposed to use your 2K16 sliders or you're still testing new ones for 2K17?

Still testing new ones. I wouldn't recommend using my old ones.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:03 PM   #71
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Thanks man, glad to hear it!

To rate a thread there should be an option near the top right of the page (doesn't work within the Tapatalk app). Apparently someone already gave my thread a 1-star rating

That was me. I'm just jealous.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 10:33 PM   #72
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
That was me. I'm just jealous.
Haha it happens at the beginning of every year, I always get a 1-star before I even post my sliders

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »