Home

The "Shot Defense Strength" Sliders Explained

This is a discussion on The "Shot Defense Strength" Sliders Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-12-2021, 12:12 PM   #121
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The "Shot Defense Strength" Sliders Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Is there any slider that one could increase to improve the Help Side and Rotation behaviour of AI teammates? I feel that 2k21 is one of the worst games in that regard and adjusting defensive settings accordingly only has a very small effect.

Increasing the Layup Defense Strength (Gather) slider will make nearby defenders more aggressively contest when you attack the basket, and increasing Jump Shot Defense Strength (Takeoff) will make defenders better able to recover and contest shots on the perimeter.

You can also increase Help Defense Strength to make sure help defenders are better at contesting, as well as going into the coach sliders for both teams and increasing the teams’ Help Defense slider so that they are more likely to send help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2021, 09:15 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 0

For NBA 2K20:
CPU is too solid offensively vs me. At least 120+ points per game. A specific slider to move with the layup/jump gather or takeoff to help me a bit? Or their offensive awareness or consistency?

Currently playing : USER - CPU
Driving contact shot frequency : 99 - 99
Inside contact shot frequency : 99 - 99
Layup defense strength takeoff : 45 - 85
Layup defense strength release : 70 - 65
Jump shot defense strength gather : 25 - 25
Jump shot defense strength release : 44 - 42
Help defense strength : 90 - 90

thank you
Old 02-20-2021, 07:08 PM   #123
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneyko
For NBA 2K20:
CPU is too solid offensively vs me. At least 120+ points per game. A specific slider to move with the layup/jump gather or takeoff to help me a bit? Or their offensive awareness or consistency?

Currently playing : USER - CPU
Driving contact shot frequency : 99 - 99
Inside contact shot frequency : 99 - 99
Layup defense strength takeoff : 45 - 85
Layup defense strength release : 70 - 65
Jump shot defense strength gather : 25 - 25
Jump shot defense strength release : 44 - 42
Help defense strength : 90 - 90

thank you

I would say the jumpshot defense sliders are too low, and your defenders will slowly and lazily contest shots on the perimeter while having very little affect on shot success.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:56 PM   #124
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I would say the jumpshot defense sliders are too low, and your defenders will slowly and lazily contest shots on the perimeter while having very little affect on shot success.
Good! But need to increase USER or CPU in this case? Not sure to understand correctly.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:11 PM   #125
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

The "Shot Defense Strength" Sliders Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneyko
Good! But need to increase USER or CPU in this case? Not sure to understand correctly.

To make the user defense more affective, you’d have to increase the CPU values. Try something like 60 and 70 instead of 25 and 42 for the CPU jumpshot defense strength settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2021, 09:37 AM   #126
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
To make the user defense more affective, you’d have to increase the CPU values. Try something like 60 and 70 instead of 25 and 42 for the CPU jumpshot defense strength settings.
What settings have worked best for you to get defenders to rotate into the paint? This is for CPU vs Cpu on Next gen... I've noticed that a lot of existing players seem to have to this 'tendency', but the 2k generated rookies don't...maybe this is all attributable to the help defense IQ tendency?
Old 03-18-2021, 09:07 PM   #127
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freethink3r
What settings have worked best for you to get defenders to rotate into the paint? This is for CPU vs Cpu on Next gen... I've noticed that a lot of existing players seem to have to this 'tendency', but the 2k generated rookies don't...maybe this is all attributable to the help defense IQ tendency?

Making sure the Help Defense coach slider is set to 70+ makes a world of difference. Layup Defense Strength (Gather) will improve the defense’s speed and aggression at contesting at the rim.
Old 10-02-2021, 07:45 AM   #128
Rookie

Hey Eccentric fantastic info here. Wondering if you've done much testing on with the defense strength sliders 2k22 and have you played around with the shot contest impact slider?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »