Home

The "Shot Defense Strength" Sliders Explained

This is a discussion on The "Shot Defense Strength" Sliders Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #41
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The "Shot Defense Strength" Sliders Explained

This is a very interesting topic and thoughts. Will look into them further.

Thanks!

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2017, 12:12 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

I play with position lock (PG). Are my CPU-teammates slower on Superstar as well?

I ask because of your slider set. If i make "user" 5 clicks faster it could lead to an advantage i don't want to have.

I understand that i have to make the players i control (PGs) faster with the player editor. But i dunno if the boost for the CPU on Superstar makes my CPU-teammates slower as well.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:28 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey just wanted to come back in and say this is a really great thread. These sliders are probably the most important for getting the right animations when you're shooting. Plus it influences how the CPU attacks and defends you. And it also impacts fouling.

Right now I have the jump shot ones below 50 and the layup ones closer to 100. I just need the CPU to give up more ground while I drive to the basket, so I think right now my numbers are pretty comfortable.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:35 AM   #44
MVP

I read through the first post multiple times, but I still can't quite grasp exactly how these sliders work (assuming they operate the same way in 2K18 as they always have). I think it's because the names of the sliders aren't really indicative of what they do.

I always assumed that the Shot Defense Strength affected how easy it is to force a miss by contesting a shot, but now I'm learning that they also affect how quickly help defenders rotate? Is that correct? And if that's the case, what do the Help Defense Strength sliders do? What if I want the CPU's defenders to bring help defense faster, which slider(s) would I increase/decrease?
Old 10-30-2017, 02:45 PM   #45
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Some analysis of how the sliders work may need to be revisited because like Madden, they are known to change from one series to the next and suddenly old observations no longer apply to the new series.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2017, 06:45 PM   #46
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Some analysis of how the sliders work may need to be revisited because like Madden, they are known to change from one series to the next and suddenly old observations no longer apply to the new series.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Im wondering this as well. Im seeing no fouls on perimeter shot attempts, especially from the 3pt line, whether its me or the AI. I have had this game since day 1, and Ive seen 1 foul on a 3pt attempt.
I messed with these sliders, as the OP said, to get more perimeter shooting fouls, but Im just not seeing any difference. Ive lowered gather on jumpshot, and raised the stregth of release as the OP said to get more fouls on perimeter shots, and still not seeing any.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-31-2017, 02:28 AM   #47
Rookie

Thanks to Eccentric and ShadyMike for all your testing and what you do. I've read EVERY word of the OP and throughout the thread, but where I'm still confused is........there's contradiction on the OP (or maybe I'm just confused &#128512 but one paragraph says ALL 4 of the Strength sliders affect that particular team's OFFENSE, then later in another spoiler paragraph it states the Layup Strength sliders affect THAT team but the Jumpshot Strength sliders affect the OTHER team's offense, so basically reversed. Where did we leave off on this? Do we know for 100% which is it??

One last thing, and forgive me again if I'm misreading the OP, but in one paragraph Eccentric you stated for Jumpshot (Gather) the higher the number set then would mean the "stickier" the defense on the perimeter and the more aggressive the defense will be to stick to shooters and not collapse in the paint or help or rotate......but then later in the thread you stated the opposite (is how I read it), that if the number is set to 0 then defenders will stick more aggressively to shooters. Could you possibly clarify for me which is the latest accurate info and again I apologize in advance if I have misread something. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-01-2017, 08:35 PM   #48
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

I will definitely go back and re-test these sliders as I have noticed a few differences in this year’s game. As you said, there seems to be no way to affect shooting fouls on jump shots, as if 2K just decided to remove them from the game almost entirely.

These are some of the most important sliders in the game, and it’s been too long since I’ve given the OP a proper update.

Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »