Home

The "Shot Defense Strength" Sliders Explained

This is a discussion on The "Shot Defense Strength" Sliders Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-04-2021, 04:35 PM   #137
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: The "Shot Defense Strength" Sliders Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Have you tried the settings in my slider thread for this year? The only way to speed up on-ball players right now is to increase the Game Speed, but all the ways of slowing down off-ball players still work. I wouldn’t advise slowing down the “slow” players any more than the default settings though, as no one in the NBA moves in slow motion like bigs can be made to move in 2K.

So really I just increased game speed, decreased the speed/accel attributes to offset that game speed increase, and from there I’d just drop the CPU Lateral Quickness slider if bigs are too difficult to shake on the perimeter. You CAN decrease their speed/accel specifically if you’d like, but I wouldn’t recommend it.
I completely agree here. Increasing game speed was the right move. If for anything the speed of the game to replicate higher scoring in NBA games today, Faster execution of plays, and animations. At 50 everything was slow and low scoring because of it. I was going 52 most the time but after a patch ended up at 56. Not sure after latest patch last Friday though. After every update movement has seemed effected and I’ve had to redo each time. Sometimes drastically. EVerytime I have in a good spot movement wise it changes. Have you as well?
Old 10-05-2021, 02:04 AM   #138
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I completely agree here. Increasing game speed was the right move. If for anything the speed of the game to replicate higher scoring in NBA games today, Faster execution of plays, and animations. At 50 everything was slow and low scoring because of it. I was going 52 most the time but after a patch ended up at 56. Not sure after latest patch last Friday though. After every update movement has seemed effected and I’ve had to redo each time. Sometimes drastically. EVerytime I have in a good spot movement wise it changes. Have you as well?

Exactly the same experience here, and it’s been this way for years. Seems like almost every single day the gameplay moves differently and you have to tweak Game Speed up or down to compensate. I’m also at 56 game speed but today that feels possibly just a tad too fast and floaty, so I might go down to 55. Leaving GS at 56 I’m instead testing out dropping the Speed and Acceleration attribute sliders by 5 each, and that definitely improved the look and feel of movement. I might just stick with it.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:36 PM   #139
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Exactly the same experience here, and it’s been this way for years. Seems like almost every single day the gameplay moves differently and you have to tweak Game Speed up or down to compensate. I’m also at 56 game speed but today that feels possibly just a tad too fast and floaty, so I might go down to 55. Leaving GS at 56 I’m instead testing out dropping the Speed and Acceleration attribute sliders by 5 each, and that definitely improved the look and feel of movement. I might just stick with it.
Ya, last night I went to 55 as well. Lol I’ll look at that -5 on accel and speed. Thanks!
Old 11-28-2021, 10:57 AM   #140
Rookie

OVR: 0

I’m really struggling with the new shot coverage and timing slider. I have the shot coverage at 70 and the timing at 50. I get barely any contested shots to fall and every wide open 3 is made for the most part. CPU has same issues. Should I modify the sliders and lower coverage significantly. I had it at 50 but shooting percentages were way down.
Old 11-28-2021, 04:19 PM   #141
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evtnj
I’m really struggling with the new shot coverage and timing slider. I have the shot coverage at 70 and the timing at 50. I get barely any contested shots to fall and every wide open 3 is made for the most part. CPU has same issues. Should I modify the sliders and lower coverage significantly. I had it at 50 but shooting percentages were way down.

I would definitely lower Shot Coverage to somewhere around 30 for both user and CPU. I’ve been using 30 and see a decent amount of contested shots go in without making the defense irrelevant, and usually the wide open shots go in but can still miss.

I also use Real Player % for shooting, as that makes the game more about decision making and dissecting the defense instead of everything just coming down to how well you time a shot. Shot Timing Impact at 0 for user and CPU just to remove the timing RNG from CPU shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2021, 09:11 PM   #142
All Star

Yeah both shot strength I think need to be lowered. if you lower them you will see more shots going in without even really changing anything else. At 50 its about impossible to make a contested shot. I have been using 25 for both strength at takeoff and release or what ever its called.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:32 AM   #143
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evtnj
I would say that the jumpshot & layup defensive strength sliders work much better overall than the shot coverage slider. I get much better results with this. Even lowering in the shot timing impact slider a bit helps improve your shot makes on different types of shots (fade away, pull ups, floaters, etc). But i play with shot timing on, and no meter or feedback. I just rely on the feel & knowing each player's shot form
Old 01-19-2022, 02:56 PM   #144
Rookie

crazycarlxu11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
I would say that the jumpshot & layup defensive strength sliders work much better overall than the shot coverage slider. I get much better results with this. Even lowering in the shot timing impact slider a bit helps improve your shot makes on different types of shots (fade away, pull ups, floaters, etc). But i play with shot timing on, and no meter or feedback. I just rely on the feel & knowing each player's shot form
@Jkits, what are the slider ratings you're using? I'm definitely struggling with the non-green splash shots not going in. Thanks!
PS3

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »